1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Baap re baap mar gaya

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Mar 2, 2011.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Reading the tittle I know some will come running thinking something has happend to me. As I have told before I like to write my experiences here but I am not good at giving tittles. So for this post I could find this tittle.

Everyone has one common word when they talk to people. I have heard many of my friends saying baap re baap when something happens.

When I had joined the first company and my first job in a Company I had a colleague who used to teach me the work. Since it was my first job he was asked to teach me. He always had the habit of saying mar gaya always.

My another colleague if she does not like something she always used to say its not my cup of tea. First I never used to understand why she is saying like that , then only understood.

2. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

Viji mam good one:thumbsup.I too used to say such things but it keeps changing.In school days, I used to say "karthaave" and I copied that from a serial.It changed to kadavule kadavule ,aiyo rama, oh God and the most recent one baap re and I got this from our neighbour's kids':rotfl.

3. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Very nice topic viji ma :thumbsup

Mine keeps changing like 'Ayyoda', 'Rama', etc I remember only these two now

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

nice one. vijima. had a good chuckle at the title. mine is "he bhagwan" or "deva re".

5. Malar2301

Malar2301 Gold IL'ite

A very good one Viji ma...yeah many of us use to repeat couple of words...and me..."eashwara..."..."enna koduma sir...:rotfl"

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Viji Akka, very nice!
    I used to say .."Shanmuga, Saravanbhavaa, Kaarthigeyaa, Anaatharakshagaa...", alll in one stretch, then moved to "Ramaa"; nowadays I come across more situations where I go , "Shiva, Shivaa"...

7. born2vin

born2vin Bronze IL'ite

hi, i think it comes according to our surrounding and some cinema dialogues make more influence .. nowadays i see more people say " nanbenda"(friend) " Yeppudi" ( how is it)

8. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Interesting headlines and I loved all your responses ma !!

9. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Very interesting to read your thread and the different replies to it Viji aunty! Now, I always end calling one of the many names of Lord Muruga regardless of whether I am exasperated or excited or annoyed or plain happy.

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Viji,
    That's one nice title..:)

My father always says...'aacha', Guruvaayurappa..
    I always go with Rama, SriRama...
    My daughter once ridiculed me saying why do you say, 'ammadi' and then 'rama'...both are different genders, isn't it!" :biglaugh

sriniketan

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011