1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Azim Premji, Actress Kanchana and Gift Ideas!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Dec 24, 2010.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

2. vashini

vashini Bronze IL'ite

Hari Om,
    After a long time, I get chance to read your blog again Accha... :) Yeah.. That's very true that the manner of giving is worth more than the gift. You always have your own style in delivering the messages to us accha.. All of your stories and messages will be treasured forever by all of your readers accha..
    I knew actress Kanchana but never knew her life story.. Good to know it now.. It reminds me of someone's quote "What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God".

This is really a wonderful gift for the eyes, mind and soul accha.. Thanks alot..

Love,
    Vashini

3. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sir,
    What a fabulous post almost like a slap on our faces for we are so money minded we gift just for the sake of gifting for how money gift recievers really think about what the gift givers intentions were all the time we get criticised "oh could have boght this or that".......this has erased all the enthu abt giving gifts..... it has become a mechanical act your post seems to reiterate that not all are money minded I liked the gift your friend recieved n how magnanimous he is:bowdown. Also abt actress Kanchana she really knows the worth of kaanchana:thumbsup

4. sureshmiyer

sureshmiyer Silver IL'ite

hi varalotti,

A very beautiful blog with a wonderful message from you.
    that gift by the actress is priceless and cannot be valued.
    Even regarding the gifts given by us to our wife or friends or relatives, the genuine love behind giving those gifts are the real priceless gifts

Thanks
    Warm Regards
    Suresh

5. hpriyamdu

hpriyamdu New IL'ite

Good article Sir!

Wanted to share this - one of my friends requested all his friends to give cash gifts on his wedding and donated the collection to an orphanage... Lot of good ppl around :)

6. ShailRaghuvansh

ShailRaghuvansh Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

If only all of us realized this! I am sure there will be someone or the other in our own families, immediate or extended who are like this. Agreed, that money is needed to run life but it is not the only thing.

So many of us judge relationships, situations and people on the basis of money.

Sad but true.

A very realistic and apt post for our materialistic times!

Nice Day
    Shail

7. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

As always, a mind-blowing post sridharji. I did read about Actress Kanchana few years back in a magazine. Never knew she got it back and also gave most of it to Him. After seeing so much in life, she would have realized what money could do to a person is'nt it? I pitied her then. Now I salute her. God bless her.

And that gift idea, wow...so nice sir. These people make life more meaningful...

8. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Uncle,

A wonderful post from you.I came to blog section today after few weeks .Thank God,I am sure I would have missed this beautiful post from you otherwise

9. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

It was a fantastic post..

I really cried at that old man's love.(I am a crier too..is that a word even?)

Yeah i know what a wish from such a place is worth.(speaking of which i might write a blog on that. Thanx for the inspiration)

I have heard about kanchana too. I love her acting. I watch parakkum paavai whenever they telecast it in TV just for that zoo song.
    It was really sweet of her. She probably realized what was really worth living.
    I don't know how many eons it iwll tkae for some people to realize such simple truths..

Real happiness is not the happy feeling we get when we get something from some one but it is the happy feeling we get when we see someone being happy with something we gave them.
    In simple terms..
    sharing is happiness..
    this is something i tell my son often..

Thanx for sharing such a wonderful thought varalotti sir.
    -------------------------------------
    "And I know very well that internal poverty is eternal poverty."

ithukkae ungalukku award kudukalam..:thumbsup

10. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Dear uncle,
    This blog has brought tears to my eyes. I am very much below the lowest rung when it comes to giving. Reading this blog has made me seriously think of improving myself.

According to Islam, a certain percentage of income has to be given to charity. Even Christians have this rule. It will be extremely helpful if most of us follow this as well.

Thankfully, there are many organiastions that ethically manage donations and see that the deserving ones are served. We have a very small part : just giving, and they take care of the rest.

On a lighter note, if corrup politicians give even 0.1% of what they have looted to charity, there would be no poor left.

Raji