1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ayirathil Oruvan Review .... anyone seen ?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by rosegirl, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Sankna

Sankna Bronze IL'ite

Raji , here I am to give you company :hiya

I also liked the movie and am totally amazed at Selva Raghavan's bold attempt . I liked the first half more than the second. I do feel there were many missing links in the movie . I really appreciate Reema Sen's new avatar here. The Music rocks !! Never knew Andrea could sing so well.
    Parthiban lived upto the character. Karthi was adorable.

2. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Oh sankna my life saviour,Andrea has written lyrics for some songs in AO and lend her voice too.I think She sang in Pachchakili muthucharam too.

Nice to know that you also liked Parthiban's performance.:cheers

3. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Hi I have also been wanting to watch this film badly but my college going daughter says she prefers to watch this with her frens than with us (parents) coz some dialogues are not be watched together. Is that so?

This apart, I love the songs and more so Andrea very much.

Already a fan of Andrea (both for looks and singing) but became crazy of her after listening to a song sung by her along with Ajeesh (Airtel Supersinger Seniors Title Winner in 2009) in the film called GOA. Try listening to the song.

4. VLR

VLR Silver IL'ite

I liked the movie too. Both Reema Sen and Parthiban totally rock. I never knew Reema Sen could act. It is definitely a bold attempt.:thumbsup But the climax scenes really disturbed me.

And one thing which I loved was the MGR song..it was a real surprise and total screen stealer. He has so much screen presence and charisma. I cannot even imagine how the crowd response might hav been in those days when his movies released in theatres..No wonder my mom is still crazy about him :crazy

5. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

hey all,

give me a frank answer...

is it advisable to watch this movie with elders and kids(5 yr old)???

Planning to watch this movie next week..but before booking wanted to get clarified with you people...

Is it so vulgar in the second half...

My hubby's niece is the one who is awake the entire movie and we cannot close her eyes nor distract when she watches the movie..she watches daringly but would question and torture us like anything later on:hide::hide::hide:...which we do not want to happen once again...

awaiting your replies :hiya

6. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

RG i don't think that Andrea has penned songs for AO..Selva is the lyricist i suppose..will check and let you know..

Me too love that husky voice of Andrea...Both G.V.P and Selva struggled a lot train Tamil for Andrea it-seems...worth the effort :thumbsup

7. hat

hat Bronze IL'ite

NO. This movie is best watched by husband and wife alone if you have inquisitive kids and conservative elders.

8. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cindhuja,

I just watched the movie yesterday.Please please please do not watch with kids.It is not a movie to be watched with family.I would say it is not worth watching too.

Agreed that the movie has that what next what next kind of thing.But it is not worth.

Would say that the movie is a result of some sadistic cheap thoughts from somebody.I do not understand the neccessity of this movie:rant.It is a big banner Cheap movie with violence.

I am sure you would agree with me(if u decide to watch it).

Now Selvaragahavan fans, please do not attack me.I liked his 7/G movie as much as you guys did.

9. VLR

VLR Silver IL'ite

Cindujha
    This movie is strictly for adults. I believe it has an "A" certificate. Please do not take kids. It is too violent for them.

10. Anusharagh

Anusharagh New IL'ite

I watched the movie. Strictly not for kids. But I had no other choice than taking my son also. I did not know that this movie has so much violence. All the time we had to close his face.

Coming to the movie, really not up to the hype this movie had. Kudos to Selva for atleast thinking of a different subject line than the usual masala stuff.

There are some typical parthiban dialogues(especially when Andrea comes and tries to convey something to him) which could have been avoided. Otherwise his performance was good.

As some critics say, there are illogical scenes in the second half(army officer uses a cell phone in a desert).

I would say it was an disappointing for us at the end.

Cinematography was excellent. Karthi and Reema have done a great job.