1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

aware of ur first period?

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by Huma, Apr 18, 2007.

1. DevikaS

DevikaS Senior IL'ite

I was 11.. In my school that same year 6th std they had a sex-education class (girls school) , so luckly I knew about it before it started. I was on holiday in Spain when it happened.. Told my mum, she didnt have napkins , so had to go looking for them in a strange country the first day we arrived. lol..

We have no functions.. Just no going to temple .. But now that I am married.. DH & In-laws force to go to temple they say, God is giving you this (period) so why you cant go in front of god?? & Dont you think the Goddess also get period??? - - very funny i know.. I feel strange about it all but I go to temple now..

2. renutn

renutn Gold IL'ite

Possibly compare to most of the ladies/girls mine was little late..when i was nearing 16 i got my periods.
    I was writing my 10th board exam ..science paper in the morning and afternoon it was english paper...
    what tensions i went through i don't know... after writing science paper when I came out of the exam hall ...funny that day dress was white uniform... my friend noticed red stain in the back...
    can u ladies guess what i did... ..it is just 1 hr break for the next paper...i can't expect any help from friends..as everyone busy in preparing for the next paper..teacher i am afraid as it was convent school ....
    and it was mere coincidence..
    few days back in our school they arranged a session on menustration and they gave free san napkins to all..so i too got one... that time i din't understand anything ...but when my periods happened....i wonder till now how it came in my mind that i have to use san pads...God is great...
    went home in Cycle ...hahaha....no one at home as mom works in school and those days no mobile or phone :)
    i used those and came back to school in Cycle and happily writing my English paper ...
    hahahahah

it is quite obvious that till my board exam finishes no one troubled me with the customs..I am happy to get such lovely parents...

3. Nalini32

Nalini32 Bronze IL'ite

I was born in the Caribbean/West Indies, so here there's no celebration or function held for starting your period. Mine started when I was almost 11 years old. I don't think my mom expected it to happen so soon so she didn't have the talk about it with me before that time. Luckily 2 girls in my class at school had recently started theirs and they shared their experience so when it happened to me I wasn't so scared. My mom first saw the blood stain on my clothes before I even realised it. She sent me to bathe and gave me a sanitary pad and showed me how to use it, then she told me all about periods. The worst part is she told my dad about it when he got home from work. They were both trying to be such good supportive parents but it put me in an embarrassing position because they went to school and told my female teacher that I started my period and that she should monitor me and if I feel sick to call them :hide: I know they were just trying to be good but that was really an embarrassing moment for me :drowning

4. Nalini32

Nalini32 Bronze IL'ite

It's definitely a shortfall of our Indian culture that mother's don't feel comfortable and they neglect to tell their daughters anything about period before it actually happens to them. I hope change comes with the new generation because when parents refuse to talk to their children about such things as sexuality, they are forced to learn about it from outside source, which is not always a positive thing and it can lead them in the wrong way.