Avasthathrayam - Three states of experience

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Namaskaram Nischel Sir,
    Thanks for your kind words.
    Regards,
    Chithra.

2. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

hi chith

this is the first post i read frm ur spirituality thread and quite impressed as it conveys the message even to the layman....graet job chith:2thumbsup:

lov
    sowmi

3. Chitvish

Dear Sowmi,
    Welcome to this sub-forum !
    Do not ever think, culture & vedanta posts are only for the oldies ! Please go through the preliminary articles in this forum, to gain a knowledge of why we do certain things at all ! It will help you when Aaru Papa asks you " Why do we....." questions !
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

"While asleep I had an unusual experience. There was a red screen formed by flowing blood as it were. I was observing it. Suddenly a hand began to write on the screen. I became all attention. That hand wrote a number of results in elliptic integrals. They stuck to my mind. As soon as I woke up, I committed them to writing..."

Ramanujan describes one of his dreams of mathematical discovery. It seems Goddess Saraswathi would appear and present mathematical formulae which he would verify after waking. Such dreams often repeated themselves and the connection with the dream world as a source for his work was constant throughout his life.

And so was the discovery of Benzene molecule where Kekule dreamt of a snake seizing it's own tail that gave him the circular structure idea he needed to solve the Benzene problem!

Bhagwan Ramana Maharishi also had his near - death experience in Svapna-Avastha right? Or please correct me if I am in my ularifying spree.

Now I realize how powerful this chapter is. The geniuses and prodigies and Mahaans became such because of the activation of our past janma "vasanas". Ippo dhan indha tubelight (I mean myself) ukku purinjudhu! :)

Thanks for inspiring us to dream more :2thumbsup: !!

Love
    Vidya

Last edited: Aug 17, 2007
  5. Chitvish

Dear Vidya,
    Thankyou for joining us !
    Vasanas are very powerful, unknowingly. But they can be very feeble or vague, at times & may not be always productive.
    Day to day occurences cannot be called vasanas as well.Prodigies come more than others under this category like Ramanujan.
    Don't we hear of a 3 yr old , saying all thirukkurals, 2 yr old finding out the ragas etc ?
    As we grow, if our negative vasanas start over-powering us, we should be able to control them with our self-will. My teacher mentioned this in the last class & it was very interesting !
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

I missed out on this post till now. Just to be sure, I have decided to check this forum regularly for your posts on spirituality.
    I read Meenu's fb to your threads here ..... She is so right. I too feel like a wave of breeze striking me and I feel very happy to read this present thread on Vedanta and am more than thrilled about your attempt to explain Gita to us.
    You are doing a wonderful job Chithra. Your patience and confirmed dedication to explain everything in the simplest form and language is praisworthy, to say the least. You have taken up a formidable task and I thank you whole heartedly for that.
    Sarirathrayam and Avasthathrayam are quite complicated subjects. The tortoise in me is moving slowly but surely ahead:)
    I will get there....besides, I have you to take me there...

L, Kamla:)

7. Chitvish

Dear Kamla,
    Thankyou for the very sweet, endearing words. You are the personification of encouragement for me, as ever.
    Now, I have to go through Pancha koshas & Atma, before I go to Gita 2nd chapter. To put vedanta in simple language is a real formidable challenge !

Sorry for the delay in replying. My system encountered a major problem & had to be taken for repair. It came back only at 10.30 last night !
    Love,
    Chithra.