August 2010 Mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by lalisiva, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Harpa

Harpa New IL'ite

Hi All,

Congrats to all the ladies for a safe pregnancy, I'm a first time mom and due on 4th Aug, feeling very excited but a little freaked out too... Just playing the waiting game but time never flies .

My wishes to all of you.. keep well hydrated.

2. lalisiva

lalisiva Bronze IL'ite

Hi Harpa, Welcome to August mommies club dear. Congratulations! Have you found out the gender of your baby yet? Eat well and stay relax until the big day arrives. Have you started shopping for baby stuffs?
    keep us updated
    take care,
    Lalitha.

3. lalisiva

lalisiva Bronze IL'ite

I know as a first time mommy, it's so overwhelming and confusion when it comes to buying stuffs for our baby. just make sure you don't over spend on items you don't need or use.

I'm thinking of buying only 3 sets of baby clothes before baby arrives because they grow up so fast and these newborn sets won't fit more than a month or so. Then we have to buy another set of baby clothes again.

About breastfeeding and formula it all depends. If i'm able to breastfeed that would be wonderful for the baby's immune system. If i'm not able to or if baby doesn't drink breast milk then i have to switch to a formula.

I wouldn't risk going out for shopping around 9th month. I want to be relaxed as much as possible and not get stressed over what to buy.
    After all we have to be prepared for our big day.

4. Kootagirl

Kootagirl Silver IL'ite

Ottawagirl, thanks a lot dear. How the things are going on?

5. simply_doubtful

simply_doubtful Gold IL'ite

Hi Newmum,
    I had a cerclage on Friday. Have to be on complete bedrest till 14th of next month. had the anamoly scan also my lo was sucking his or her thumb. it was so cute to see.
    have any one of you had anamoly scan done. what's your placenta grade.
    Hansika

6. newmum

newmum Senior IL'ite

Hi Hansika
    Hope you are properly following the doc's instuctions and taking proper rest.Just relax.I also had anomalities scan 3 weeks before.The doc told me everything is fine and they keep the reports with them in the hospital,so I am not aware of my placenta position.
    All the best.Eat well and take proper rest

7. newmum

newmum Senior IL'ite

Hello Harpa
    Welcome to the group and congrats on your First time pregnancy.Here most of us are FTM to be,me too.You are right the time does not seem to be flying not now at least.My sister told me that once the 6th month will start the time will just fly away but it has never seem to be so.
    We have to patiently wait for our babies to grow properly,right!!!
    You take care

8. newmum

newmum Senior IL'ite

Thanks Ottawagirl alot for praying all of us..

Friends
    I am so glad that all of us who are living in the different parts of the world have become so concerned about each other's health and wellness through this site and ofcourse due to our yet to be born babies. Hope we continue to share this bond even after our babies arrive.
    Cheers:cheers

9. newmum

newmum Senior IL'ite

Lalitha you are right we have to be relaxed and prepared for the big day,and not stress ourselves with shopping at the last moment.
    Also I agree that babies grow very fast but also they need more clothes than we adults do,the reason you know very well.So I am planning to buy at least 8-10 set of clothes for the first 2 months.
    Take care

10. Harpa

Harpa New IL'ite

Thanks lalisiva, newmum for welcoming me to the club...

@lalisiva
    haven't started on the baby shopping as yet.. we plan to do the shopping in July probably, but will restrain from heavy shopping due to sentimental issues, at the same time looking for some good deals too. Regarding gender we wanted to keep it a surprise for the big day.
    How about you? have u began shopping or did u find the baby gender?

@newmum
    Thanks for the nice words yes patience doesn't seem to keep hold on me these days :crazy...

Gals take good care.. catch good sleep and also have nutritious diet.

PS: 100 day countdown starts from today, crazy thought but exciting :rotfl

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010