1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Atoning for my sins

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Dec 16, 2007.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sri,

Your post was more hilarious than countable on "Sin" notes. The gists listed are not included in sin and when you confess your sin, you are purified and you ready to commit a new set of sins, if you so desire. Confession is the key word and you have done it. I confess everyday when I stand in front of my Lord, I have practiced to meet his eyes and pray, the day I feel guilty doing so, I will be sure, I have committed a unpardonable sin. But, God is kind and he is our father, the creator and like all fathers he gets angry, shouts, punishes but loves us immensely and forgives us.

If you can meet the eyes of god, you are yet to sin. So try it !!!
    I envy your age, now it can be told!!!! At our age most of us wear the mask and act innocent.
    tsk.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mals
    I wonder if you have read any of Giovonni Guareschi's books. The best of them are the Don Camillo series. Don Camilo is a Catholic Priest in a predominantly communist village in Italy where the Communists range under the powerful Mayor Peppone. Though Peppone is an athiest, there is an abiding friendship between him and Don Camillo. Don Camilo has this habit of talking to Christ everyday about the happenings in the village. This is one of the best and most productive relationships
    I have seen between God and man.
    What you have written reminds me of Don Camillo!
    And my admiration for you has become much higher than before!
    Sri

3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sri,

You will always tease my naughty wings which is ever set to take off!! Actually, I was wondering how would you respond to my reply.. tsck.. tsck...

Regards

4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri sir

I first went through this interesting list with a curiosity that would have killed many a cat!
    When I finished, I went back and read it again this time, curiosity satiated, I enjoyed the mixtue of dry humor with truth, and may be a sprinkling of exaggeration!

It was a wonderful time-capsule to open and see the emerging young boy with all the palyfulness and nary-a-care in the world slowly changing from that stage to the young man showing typical traits of exploring new experiences especially the socially forbidden ones.

I appreciate the way you looked at yourself the way I looked at the 40s - 60s during my teenage days.

But above all the seriousness I am really really amazed at the style - I wonder if when penning these thoughts you were smiling, even smirking.
    Again I am awed and dumbstruck by how beautifully you write.
    Lovely!

1 person likes this.
  5. Cheeniya

My dear Kamala
    When I wrote all my OPs here, it was a phase when I was more interested in telling others what I felt about the various aspects of life. Now I have moved to the next phase when I love to hear what other people have to say about their perspective of life. I find it more rewarding to listen to them and interact with them. Either way, it is a learning process for me.

I am truly grateful to you for all the nice things you have said about my writing. It is a kind of passion for me. I essentially write to make myself happy. If I smile at what I have written, I know it will catch on. Otherwise, I mercilessly delete it and start all over again. You would have noticed that I take ages to write an FB at times and other times, my FBs will come in a jiffy. Everything I write has to go through my own test! Some pass at first attempt and others take several attempts!
    Sri

6. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Ha...haa..ha….Cheeniya Sir
    Don't know whether to chuckle or cry!!!...well I'll howl instead, that’s much easier! I am sure your wife must have viewed this post....surprised you are still alive!!!...she must be an archetype of forgiveness, love, compassion, patience all in one! Anyway, my Knight I pardon you for you have not committed any Capital Vices. Theologically, there were elements of wrath, greed and pride included in your list of confessions but since you have kept away from lust, envy and sloth, I hereby absolve you.
    Mega

7. Cheeniya

Dear Mega
    That list of yours viz. forgiveness, love, compassion, patience can be rearranged as love, forgiveness, compassion and patience. I always assume that basically the level of love in our heart triggers off the rest. Love and forgiveness is best explained in Eric Sehgal's 'Love Story' in the line 'Love means never having to say you are sorry'. Learning to forgive slowly fills the heart with compassion and compassion in turn douses all high rising passions and makes us the epitome of patience.
    Lust, envy and sloth? Never heard of them!
    I am beholden to you for absolving me your Highness!
    Sri

8. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

Dear cheeniya
    wow! you remember almost most of your sins congrats now that there is a saying in telugu "chesina papam chepite potundi " ,means all the sins u commit if u tell them they are gone ... u can start appending fresh list of sins from new year :))
    i always thought make all the sins go to haridwar have a bath and clear all of them in ganga this is a easier way u see ;) happy sin inngs....
    radha

1 person likes this.
  9. Cheeniya

Dear RV
    That's a very practical solution of atonement for sins! 'Chesina papam chepite potundi'. There is an old Tamil movie song sung by Jesudass which says something similar 'Konral paavam thindral theerum'. It means that if you kill something, the sin is absolved by eating it!

Going to Haridwar to wash off sins is an expensive and time consuming affair. This is a far easier way!
    Happy sinning to you too!
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Your sin list remains me of a movie comedy scene:

A guy walks in to a clinic and ask the doctor that he wants to live 100 years.

Doctor: Do you smoke?

Patient: No doctor (He was proud tha each negative answer will add to his life)

Doctor: Do you drink?

Patient: Not a drop, doctor.

Doctor: Do you watch late night movies keeping yourself awake?

Patient: No, I go to bed at 10 p.m. sharp.

Doctor: Do you eat a lot?

Patient: No doctor, I am strict in my diet.

Doctor: Then what is the point in living 100 years?

1 person likes this.