1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Atoning for my sins

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,
    You
    You
    You
    are the limit !
    Now, as I have written in two of your threads, I belong to the Madurai Meenakshi lineage & allow you to have the last word !
    I am sure, you are heaving a sigh of relief ??!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,
    Before you started this topic of sins I have been accused by my dearest daughter that she had been subjected to EB. If you want to get confirmation you could do so. It seems I was the first sinner to be exposed in a open forum!
    And here most of the Ilites had mentioned that they devoured sweets and yummy yummy tasty food without sharing them with their better halfs and boasting that they did it for maintaining good health! But I am feeding my better half with all that yummy yummy tasty food to make him fatty from skinny! I had even requested Chithra to give me some recipies to achieve my aim. I am revealing a secret here. I do not want people to comment, " Amma Kuthir pola Ayya kathir pola."
    Now I want to know whether I am commitng a sin.
    Love,
    Pushpavalli

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear PS
    My grandma used to say 'Thappunna thapputhan. Rightna right than!' This is a beautiful way of saying 'There is nothing good or bad and only thinking makes it so'
    The Police, in order to determine if a crime has been committed by a particular person, would always look for the motive first. But in determining if an act constitutes a sin or not, we look at how the act has affected anyone. We may pinch the cheek of a beautiful and chubby kid when no one is around and make it howl to show our deep affection. But in the process, it cant be denied that the child has been put to physical inconvenience. Hence it is a sin.
    In the instant case, since amma can not become a kadir, an effort is being made to make the aiyya a kudir being an easier alternative! And Aiyya willingly and perhaps happily complies with it. How can it be a sin then?
    Sri

4. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir!
    What Gandhiji wrote a whole book on, you have done in a few words! Yet your courage to accept your so called sins is praiseworthy! But let us all ask ourselves,'Who would not have committed these sins, if at all they can be called sins?'
    Let me go agewise as per your list-
    Age 1 to 10
    • Pouring coffee on my elder brother’s assignment note books
    • Giving threadbare the details of fights between my parents to the inquisitive lady next door in return for some toffees
    • Catching dragon flies and tying a long piece of thread to their tails
    • Pretending to be very sick to avoid going to school
    • Hating my mother for making me do things that I disliked most like taking
    Most of us would have been doing this kind of pranks- Innocence of childhood- God will forgive.

Ages 11 to 20
    • Deflating the tyres of my neighbour’s cycle
    • Demanding bribe for doing small errands for my parents
    • Forging my father’s signature on my progress reports
    • Cutting classes to go to movies and sports events
    • Ignoring the rainbows and looking at the neighborhood girls instead
    • Listening to the titillating stories of seniors with a wide open mouth
    • Reading clandestinely the books banned by my parents
    Teenage problems, hormonal troubles- God will ignore.

Ages 21 to 30
    • Taking to smoking in a big way for the next 20 years
    • Reading only the back cover of the most talked about books and bragging about them as if I have read them in full
    • All the smoke I exhaled in air-conditioned rooms
    • Remaining adamant knowing fully that I was being unreasonable
    • Not returning the books and cassettes that I borrowed from friends
    • Telling every classmate(F) that no one affected me as much as she did
    • Spending a lot of time on useless literature
    Wrong company of friends and arrogance of youth hood- God starts watching.Would these be called sins? Or is it because society has laid down certain moral restrictions and hence conscience pricks?

Ages 31 to 40
    • Living ostentatiously knowing fully well that it was beyond my means
    • Spending long hours in clubs and reaching home after my kids had gone to bed
    • Explaining such delays as necessitated by problems in office
    • Avoiding problems in office by going for field inspection
    • Not smiling even once on many days
    • Sleeping through the post lunch sessions of expensive training programmes
    • Not carrying out many of my commitments to my family
    (common among 95% men)
    God is worried.Still he watches, hurt though.

Ages 51 to 60
    • Telling youngsters how righteous I had been all through my life
    • Bribing the powers that be against my conscience
    • Not taking many crucial decisions and allowing things to take their own course
    • Missing glorious sun rises due to my late hours in clubs
    God wants to give up!
    Ages 61 to date
    • Soliciting praise and adoration
    • Not paying as much attention to others as I expect them to give me
    • Telling people that age is only in the mind while worrying sick about growing old
    • Pretending to be Mr.Clean while in reality being a living garbage bag
    Realisation dawns! Alas we could rewind our life!
    Don't worry Cheeniya sir! We are all on the same boat!No one learns from other peoples mistakes!
    Sir, Ilites have forgiven your sins! Relax!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  5. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Cheeniya sir!
    Be thankful I have not confessed! May be there is still time to make confessions! Ellaththayum senji mudichuttu ore diya confession pannalaamnu paakkaren!

6. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear sri,
    only you can say something like this and get away in a ladies forum, we all love you so much and u take advantage, don't you think this also come under your sin list....sunkan

7. Cheeniya

Dear Malathi
    After reading your point by point response to my thread, one thing occured to me. If only Gods could be as considerate as you are, there would be no Hell, no cauldrons with boiling oil, no need to eat worms and insects, no lying on nailed beds but instead one big indulgent smile! That gives me hope!
    I went by the perception that sinning was possible at every age from chilhood and only the magnitude and nature of sins would vary but from what you say, I draw comfort from the fact that Gods turn a blind eye to sins committed upto thirty and in exceptional cases upto forty!
    Sri

8. Cheeniya

Dear Sundari
    That statement is not reflective of my arrogance but of my awareness that I have nothing for women to swoon about! If, in spite of my limitations, there are women who find me enough material to swoon, well ....er.... what I mean to say is ....God save them!
    Sri

9. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

I agree, Kamla. It is indeed Kali yugam where we are sinning and marvelling at each others sins.:whistle

10. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya,

Enjoyed your post and all the fbs and sub fbs, taunts, chindhu mudhuchifyings etc .....

Set my mind thinking on all the sins i am sure to have committed at all ages.....except that i think now that maybe they were all Harmless Sins, committed rightfully at the right ages! he he he:queen.....see i am already framing my sins as harmless....and have no plans to atone for them , not even try to remember them....why should i , after all they were Harmless!?:banana