1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Athaamanni - kindest person - paropakari

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by lalithavennkat, Nov 23, 2008.

1. lalithavennkat

lalithavennkat Silver IL'ite

Dear Usha,

Thanks a lot for your kind fb. Your encouragement makes
    me to do more.

2. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Dear Lalithavennkat,

touching one.....Very good tribute to your aththaamanni.

3. lalithavennkat

Dear Saikripa,

Thank you very much for your kind fb It gives me a
    great encouragement..

4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear LV,
    your Athamanni sure deserves the salute and tribute. After so many misfortunes, she had the guts and will power to live life to thefullest, not troubling any one till last. I too salute her.
    In those days, there were so many such women who sacrificed their life for others, sometimes people not at all connected with them.
    My mother's elder sister is also such a person. She is still alive and is living in my mother's village, in their ancestral home.
    She was married in her teens and her husband dies in a coouple of years. Her in laws send her off to her father, thus cheating her of her share of property. Since then, she is living with her brothers. One by one, they have all passed away. She has been taking care of the family lands single handedly. When it was sold and partitioned, she was also given a good share. She had invested that safely and is living in the expense she gets for looking after the lands of a long standing family friend. She is healthy and alert in mind. She will make all the calculations in the mind and the digital diary is in her brain.
    One problem with her is that, she will go on and on about some trivial thing which happened eons ago and keep on blaming people for wrong decisions. so now people shun her, avoid going to the house. I feel sorry for her but even I can't stand her. now, the third gen is planning to sell that house. I dread to think about how she would cope up in a new set up.

5. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Lalitha,
    What a great soul! I salute her.She had lost so many people around her and still she bravely lived life through it.What a great willpower!

Thanks for sharing about her.

6. lalithavennkat

Dear Varalekshmy Mam,

Thank you for your kind fb. True'! When we have good qualities only
    we will be remembered by others.

7. lalithavennkat

Dear Aishu,

Thanks a lot for your kind fb. It gives me more encouragement.

8. balah_14

balah_14 New IL'ite

Hi Lalitha,
    I am very happy to hear the story of Athaamanni. REally such a wonderful perosn on this Earth!

As our family deity is Varadharaja Perumal in Tiruvisainallur, I would be pleased to have soembody's contact address and phone number for reference.

We have visited this temple without knowing that it's our family deity and was informed that Dhrupathi amman in same Thiruvisainallur as our Kula deivam but it seems that she is our Penn Deivam and Aan Deivam is Varadharaja Perumal in Tiruvisainallur.

I came to know the above info during the last few days and would like to contact temple people through somebody in the village. This is because I couldn't find any informatuion on the Internet about this temple and it would be fine to know somebody to help us.

I will be really grateful to know such a person if anybody is there to contact.

Thanks very much in advance.

Sarvam Krishnaaparnam,
    Bala

9. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear lalitha,
    just now saw this nice post. when you say the places , i feel as if i am also traveling with you to that places. i have been to that places. your description about the great lady Athaanmanni is really superb. such a great lady she was aho even after seeing so many miseries in her life did not sit one place. she rendered her helping hand to all. that is the great thing with the older generation. hats of to that great lady!!! having been helpful to all she never expected anything from anybody. this has been nicely brought out in your narration. May her soul rest in peace. My:bowdownto her.
    with love
    pad.

10. lalithavennkat

Dear Bala,

I happend to see your reply only today and glad to know that you too belong to cauverykarai and that too
    Thiruvisanallur.

Hope you might have heard about Sridhara Ayyaval Charitable Trust in Thiruvisanallur. I give their email
    address, who will guide you in finding the Varadharaja Temple and other details. Please do get in touch
    with often.

e-mail.... sri-_ayyaval@yahoo.com.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009