Astrology and Related stuffs - Those who are interested to learn may join me......

Discussion in 'Astrology Numerology & More!' started by athura, Sep 2, 2013.

1. athura

athura Silver IL'ite

Re: Astrology and Related stuffs - Those who are interested to learn may join me.....

Dear sai,
    First of all Let me write something about myself first so that, people here won't have any second thoughts in following my thread..
    I''m here because of my mother, Meenakshi..I'm yet to see a lady as dynamic and as kind as my mother..This initiative I've taken is a tribute to my mother
    A few words about my mother here,
    She was a Home maker, but yet chose to work as a mid wife in a nursing home in a small village in Tamilnadu..She was the one who created an awareness among ladies in that particular village about female infanticide and many other Taboos that was pretty common in those days..She looked after atleast 400 labour deliveries in her life time and brought up atleast 20 orphan babies...

I'm writing about astrology because I've done a lot of research on it and would like to share my thoughts and my methods with you people...I don have any kind of degree or any awards for myself, but I could see atleast dozens of astrologers with different titles and Degrees next to their and yet couldn't explain some basic concepts in astrology..Hence I didn't go for one..
    I personally believe that degree or Award is never going to help in any way to judge a person's calibre..
    Also Astrology is not my profession, it is just an area which interests me a lot..
    I can clear your doubts if it is raised in a proper manner, provided if that doubt is within my knowledge limits..
    Now those who are willing to learn and share can be a part of this..I Would be priviliged to learn and teach...

Thanks,
    Athura....

2. sweetie7

sweetie7 Bronze IL'ite

Re: Astrology and Related stuffs - Those who are interested to learn may join me.....

hi Athura,
    i am in:)

1 person likes this.
  3. anuradhasundar

anuradhasundar Silver IL'ite

hi athura im also interested to join in this thread

1 person likes this.
  4. athura

athura Silver IL'ite

Thanks girls for the interest..

Let me get down to the business
    Yesterday's class I've listed down the rashis, today I would like to explain about them..
    The back bone of vedic astrology are,
    1.12 rashis
    2. 27 Nakshatras
    3. 9 Grahas and
    4. 5 angas namely Panchangam..

5. luckysangeetha

luckysangeetha Gold IL'ite

Athura,

What is node or antonode??
    In Raahu and kethu you have given?

6. athura

athura Silver IL'ite

dear sangeetha,
    Very good question...
    Actually Rahu and Kethu are not planets to be exact..Theay are shadows cast by sun and moon respectively when they follow their respective orbits..The orbit of sun and moon will meet at two different point which are called as nodes and anti nodes...They are called rahu and Kethu...
    A small example for your better understanding,
    Imagine that two bangles of equal size are taken and one is made to pass through the other.. It wont pass, but it will meet at two different points over the circumference..These points are called Rahu and Kethu and the centre of the bangle can be assumed as earth..
    Ps : These are not the exact explaanation, but it will give you a picture of it...

7. lathadivakar

lathadivakar Bronze IL'ite

hi athura im also interested to join in this thread

8. athura

athura Silver IL'ite

you are always welcome latha, just hang on and have fun dear.

9. luckysangeetha

luckysangeetha Gold IL'ite

Didn't get the meaning for anga??

10. athura

athura Silver IL'ite

conitnuation post : Basics

The 12 Rashis are as below,
    1. Mesham(Aries)
    2. Rishabam(Taurus)
    3.Midhunam(Gemini)
    4.Kadagam (Cancer)
    5.Simham (Leo)
    6. kanni (Virgo)
    7. thulam (Libra)
    8.Vrischikam (Scorpio)
    9.Dhanu (Sagittarus)
    10.Makaram (Capricorn)