1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Asp!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by twinsmom, Sep 2, 2007.

1. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

You haven't spoken to your best friend Jalajasri for nearly two years. Do you remember what caused the rift between the two of you?

Yes, we had been the best of friends, yes...we had been inseparables... Yes, I had trusted the woman with all my secrets. She had known that I was suffering from Spondylosis and that I was snowed down by 5 bundles of the Half Yearly papers to correct. So when it was my turn to entertain the ladies of the kitty, I naturally ordered food from outside. Only Jalajasri, that asp that I had kept close to my bosom knew about it.

She knew I'd be ostracized by those snooty matrons if they came to know that I hadn't cooked anything at home. In fact, she had helped me empty all the tell-tale packets from the caterers and abetted me in getting rid of them without leaving any trace behind.

And just when Mrs. Bakshi congratulated me on the mattar paneer, she had the cheek to quip, 'We should tell the maharaj about it, he'll be delighted… no, Swarna? And while we are at it we should also compliment him on these malai koftas....they are juuussst divine!'
    My kitty group hasn't spoken to me ever since, nor have I, to that snake in the grass.

2. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Hi

That was a nice story..... I dont know whether it is ur experience or just a story for thought........

I have a close friend.... who was working with me....... Who did similar to me..... Now though i keep in touch...... But the closeness is gone....

Friendship blossems with trust.... Once it is lost..... u lost the friend and the ship......

Veda

sindmani likes this.
  3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear twinsmom,

It is a pleasure to read your articles and snippets.

This one was short and cute. But I do not understand why the women were put off. What's wrong in ordering food from outside ?? After all, precious money is spent and the food ordered will generally be good. I for one am always flattered when anyone takes pains to order food for me or invite me to eat out.

May be the crux of the matter was they were led to believe it was home made?
    Whatever.......One should stop being so sensitive :)

L, Kamla

sindmani likes this.
  4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

If it was a story, it had a morale in it. And if it was a real life incident then also it had a morale in it....

Such incidents leave a scar in your heart and change your personality. The preson who trusts people blindly will start doubting his shadows too... Hope he will not ditch me............

That womand did her job, may be doing it somewhere too or making more plans to spoil some other realtionship .... the impact is too deep.........

Cannot be ignored......

5. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

That reminded me of an incident that happened a couple of years back.An acquaintance called and said that it was her husband's birthday and that she was having a potluck at home and she asked me to get an appetizer.

After working quite hard on that appetizer and finally making it to her home,I realised that she had conveniently ordered ready-made chapathis and just had to heat them up to serve them while all the other guests had toiled hard for 'her husband's' birthday. Really put me off very badly.:x

sindmani likes this.
  6. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,

W-O-W.... That was supposed to have been pure fiction... I just wildly imagined it to suit the question...for the contest I was participating... Strange... that it should really happen to some of us!

As for the question why food from hotel is not acceptable... there are people who take pride in declaring that they made everything by their own 2 hands, leaving an expectation hanging in the air!
    And, Sunitha... You are right... There are such peculiar people around us... those who use friends...

sindmani likes this.
  7. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi twinsmom,
    That was superb fiction!!!!!! Like many others I have been a victim to a scheming neighbour. It was her son's birthday and she had asked for help to serve the kids, I toiled for more than an hour and when taking leave her husband thanked me profusely, that woman, as her job was done, saw me off with a smile and ok are you leaving. God!!! how long does it take to Say a word of thanks?

sindmani likes this.
  8. rekhaprahalad

rekhaprahalad New IL'ite

DIFFERENT PEOPLE

Things can be broken down
    The sky is full of clouds and
    My world's full of people
    All different kinds with different ways
    It would take a lifetime to explain
    No one's exactly the same
    He and she, two different people
    With two seperate lives in this world of ours
    No one's exactly the same
    So many different people
    So many different kinds
    So many, many, many different people
    So many different

:wink:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
  9. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

This reminds of a recent incident which really hurt me.My husband's collague recently quit the company and they left the country 3 days back.We invited him and his wife and child couple of times in the end.I painstakingly prepared the dishes on the occasions.For the next 2 days there was no call.Then even before they left they hardly called us or came and saw us.A call would have sufficed.This really really hurt me..She was in constant touch when she was here.Iwonder why this nonchalance...............

10. mithili

mithili New IL'ite

Gals Dont Bother....take Life As It Comes No Grievance As They Go Or No Special Partying As People Come...party With People Who Are Permanent In Your Life....dont Give Away Emotions To People Who Just Get Your Way Few Times....