Ask Questions To IndusLady about IL FORUMS

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by laksn, Feb 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. songbyrd517

songbyrd517 New IL'ite

Re: Ask Questions To IndusLady !!!

Thank you so much Induslady and Sunitha! :p I apologize for taking so long to respond - I am in college and I am preparing for finals right now. I have been so busy I have hardly been eating or sleeping! But thank you so much for welcoming me! Sunitha, I haven't met Paula Dean, but I go by her restaurant all the time! She is really popular here. I used to work the desk at a hotel here, and all of the visitors wanted to go see her! The line is always a block long outside! I am actually from Detroit, MI - I just attend college in Savannah, GA. I will be going back to Michigan when I graduate in June. If you ever visit Savannah and want to go the "Lady-n-Sons" (Paula Dean's restaurant), make sure you get a reservation and arrive there EARLY. They give you a time span for your reservation - for instance, between 1 and 3 - and if you're not there when hey call your name, you're out of luck. I hear it's really nice though :rotfl

2. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Dear Malathy,

I have been trying to enable my PM. But no luck... Cud u plz help me out ???

Thanq...
    Tej:wave

3. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Teja,

On behalf of Malathy , here is how you enable your PM.
    Click the User CP on the purple bar on top of the IL page. Then on the left , click on the Edit Options link. When the edit options page opens up, then scroll down and check the box next to Enable PM . Save your changes.
    Hope this helps

Vandhana

4. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Dear Vandhana,

I have been trying in the same way that u explained for many days. Let me show u my page what I have done in my page....

Private Messaging- This forum features a private messaging system which allows members to send messages to one another privately.

If you do not want to send or receive private messages, you may disable the private messaging system.

Enable Private Messaging
    You may limit the receipt of private messages to just moderators and those on your buddy list. Other members who attempt to send messages to you will be told that you have disabled private messaging.

Receive Private Messages only from Buddies and Moderators
    The forum can send a message to your email address to inform you when someone sends you a private message.

Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages
    If you are browsing the forums when you receive a new private message, the system can pop-up a notification box informing you of the new message.

Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up
    I still don't understand what was wrong. Please let me know what else I can do further...

Thanq for ur reply Vandhana...

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  5. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Hi Teja,

Looking at your screen, you have checked the box next to the one that says receive messages only from buddies and moderators. So if me or one of the moderators send you a PM you will receive it. But if any other member trys to send you one , it will come back saying that your PM is not enabled. So go and uncheck only that box. and then save. You should get PMs from all IL members then.

Vandhana

6. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Dear Vandhana,

Finally I got it :clap :clap . I thought if I enable the box I could get the messages from all buddies n moderators.But haven't read that it is limited to only my wish list.. Anyways I understood the mistake that I have done...

:thankyou2: for such a detailed explanation n helped me out....

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  7. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Hi Malathi,

I don't like the changes in layout, we have to go to individual thread to see what's going on. I prefer old layout.

8. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Cheer,

I appreciate your quick feedback.

Dear members,

The reasons for removing the display of 'last post' from the forum main page is because many members tend to notice only the latest of the latest post that displays as last post in the main page. If there had been multiple new posts within a forum/sub-forum since the last visit, it is going unnoticed.

With increase in the membership and with several discussions going on, we would like to get your attention to maximum number of discussions. That way we can reduce the number of threads left unnoticed without responses and those who started the thread will also not get upset. Sometime it also leads to duplication of threads if the original threads have gone unnoticed.

So, why not give a try to this new layout???

Now, here are some easy ways to quickly check all new posts since your last login...
    1. Forums with this icon [​IMG] in the left indicates there are new posts in it. You may choose to get in into those forums that are your favorites and you will see all threads with new posts listed on top in bold.

2. Clicking on the menu 'New Posts' (5th one from the left on the purple menu bar) will list you all the threads that has new posts since your last visit.

9. harini

harini New IL'ite

how to change the name as i would like to change my name n keep nick name.help me pls.

10. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Hi Malathi,

I understand ur point, but this one is really very confusing & time consuming too. Lots of time we use to visit more then 3 times a day & already aware wht's going on but by this we have to open individual thread for particular post:idontgetit: , as far as i know. It does not help & even most of mbrs finds it more confusing & time consuming. Plz consider this. Since u made changes i felt irritating:bangcomp:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.