Ask Questions To IndusLady about IL FORUMS

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by laksn, Feb 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

Re: Ask Questions To IndusLady !!!

Dear Induslady,
    Many times it happens that when i post a new thread, it does not appear on the Home Page New Threads section! Immediately after posting the thread I refresh my home page but I dont see it there. But the thread is correctly posted and it is there in correct forum also. I dont know why ?
    Earlier I thought may be many people post threads at almost the same time hence my thread might have gone quite below the other threads. But it is not like I thought it was. Because before posting the thread whatever new threads I saw , would still be there even after I posted the new thread.

For ex. I posted a thread today http://www.indusladies.com/forums/f...10375-fall-in-love-with-these.html#post104381

But it dint appear on the homepage.

2. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hello Monsi,
    The reason why your thread "Fall in Love with these" did not appear in the home page is because it is from the "Forward Messages & Jokes" forum. We want to keep the focus on the threads that is unique here in our Indusladies community to get prominence in the home page. So in that effort, the threads in the "Forward Messages & Jokess" forums are filtered out. Hope you could understand the point and thanks for your cooperation.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2007
  3. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear induslady,

I have two serial stories as threads running in Indian stories section. I find that whenever I post a new episode it does not appear under 'new posts' nor there is any indication of the new post. Also, some members have mentioned that they are not getting the e-mail notification about the new episodes. Also, after the recent log in problems the entire thread of my serial story Thanimai is found missing. I am thankful to you and other moderators for allowing me to post the stories. If there is any problem with my posts please let me know so that I can decide to continue or not.

Regards,

TDU

4. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello TDU,

First of all thank you for posting those good to read stories for our IL ites.
    Regarding new posts in your serial stories thread, if you go and click on 'new posts' menu that will not show up for you since you are the poster.

But I am sure it will show up for other members who haven't visited those posts. Similarly, if your new posts in those threads are the latest, till new posts appear in other threads within that forum, your thread will be on the top within that forum.

About email notifications, members need to subscribe to your threads to recieve email notification about new posts there. Members can go here to find out how they can subscribe to a thread of interest.

I see your Thanimai serial story here - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/indian-stories/4957-thanimai-serial-story.html. If any posts are missing within this thread, it might be those posted during 20th - 23rd July that are missing due to the database issues that we incurred.

Be assured that we keep the member informed before removing or editing their posts for whatever reasons.

Hope I have clarified your doubts. Thank you for your postings and look forward to your active participation.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2007
  5. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

Dear Laxmi,
    Thanks for clarifying my doubt :) It is a good idea to filter fwd messages. But sometimes it had happened with my threads in some other forums too. Anyways, if I see it in future for some thread other than fwd msg, I will let you know.

6. Nischel

Nischel Senior IL'ite

Dear INDUS LADY,
    I feel that U are annoyed with me . If I am not qualified for Elite member status of GOLDEN ILITE why it was given tome? I never demanded it.
    when all the other members are getting by announcing the same on the Home
    page I was simply written under my username without mentioning the same as others. even now U can with draw it and confer it as and when iam qualified.
    Any how i always abide by the administration .
    Sd/nischel

7. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Nischel,

I am not annoyed at all. I am only saddened that - even after a couple of attempts - I am not able to convincingly explain you how user titles like Gold IL'ite/Silver IL'ite are automatically awarded by the system.

When a member reaches a new status based on their total posts (like Gold IL ite / Silver IL ite), some other co-member in the site who knows them well starts a thread congratulating that member. That being a new thread get's automatically displayed in the homepage in 'New Threads' section and 'New posts' section. I don't personally go and start such threads for any member or announce it in the home page.

The status displayed next to your username is also automatically programmed to show status based on your total posts. It is the rule set as a program and we do not manually give or withdraw the status.

Hope I have made it clear to you.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2007
  8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Re: Life after loosing your partner

Hi everyone.

I am kamal from jaipur.Can anyione tell me how to make a post.Thanks and regards.kamal

9. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Re: Life after loosing your partner

arey kamalji aye tho aye wrong jagah par, widow section mey come on..u need to first select what u want to post if it is an article of your own u will find snippets clik there and post it there, if its a forward which i never see you giving still you have that too on the first page itself, and if it is a social issue select accordingly, yahan zara takkar hai you hve to select the title to post your blog, happy blogging, i have given my id if you find difficulty do send me a line dekhen aapko kaise rastha dikhayen yahan...sunkan

10. AnjaliD

AnjaliD Senior IL'ite

Hello,
    I joined IndusLadies recently and was hoping to see some discussions/articles/network for Indian businesswomen in US. I am from Los Angeles and recently started my own business. I find that network of Indian businesswomen is non-existent here in US or in India!!
    I have searched the internet for such network but never found one. Don't you think that internet has tons of info on recipes, restaurants, etc etc ?? Why doesn't IndusLadies take interest in creating a strong network for Indian businesswomen ?

Hope to hear from you soon.
    Cheers,
    AnjaliD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.