Ask here - The recipes you want from ChitVish

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Priya Amarnath, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Cakes can be baked "functionally" in a MW oven. Depending on the height, shape size etc the time varies from MW Hi 6-8 mts. Give a standing time of 10 mts in the MW itself.
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

Dear C

I made a batch of special chocolate cake yesterday and the molded ones looked so professional. A detailed FB is on its way. Meanwhile, here are a few questions around it:
    1. Due to lack of enough molds, I let half of the batch set as burfi in a tray. Now looking at the molded ones, I am tempted to convert the burfis into molded chocolates. Can I re-heat it so that it melts and then set in mold again or is it a bad idea?
    2. The syrup took around 1 and half hour to set into single string. I heated the sugar and water on a very low flame to simmer. Is this normal or did I take the simmering too far?
    3. Can I keep the molds with chocolate in the fridge to set it faster? I left them overnight for about 7 hours and could not track the time it takes to set.

Sorry for too many questions. But I can't tell you how excited I am about this...!

Thanks in advance,
    Gayathri.

3. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Ramya,

I wanted to add a point. Cakes 'baked' in microwave will not get the browned effect.

Latha

4. Chitvish

It is better to have 3-4 sets of moulds, I now feel.But reheating is risky, I would not advise it!
    Too low a flame is not necessary. a medium flame is OK!
    I never advise setting in the fridge mainly because I have not tried it myself! You can try it & let me know also.
    I can imaine, Gayathri, a batch of professional-looking chocolates zooms you to top of the world!
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. brindhaaa

brindhaaa Bronze IL'ite

Dear chitrama,

Wonderful measuring gadgets!!!!! thanks for posting the same. Will buy in chennai when i come down .

I have just delivered a baby boy.. Iam looking for pathiya sapadu after delivery . Will be happy if u could post receipes for the same so that many IL's will be benefitted.

Thanks for ur time.

Luv
    Brindha

6. Pragadha

Pragadha Senior IL'ite

dear chithra mam,

I dont know weether any one asked the question already or not i just want some tips for cauliflower curry because while doing cauliflower fry it is becoming watery if i add any powder or something the taste varies my husband loves cauliflower curry for chappathis. I just want to roast it like potato though i did many times it never comes out good so could you please give me some tips. thanks in advance`.

7. Chitvish

I have given only post-pregnancy rasam. Since Krishnaamma has given all pathiya sappadu, I do not want to write again. Please refer to her sub-forum.
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Chitvish

Please try my gobi65. Only deep frying helps, but must be eaten hot before it becomes soft again.
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Dear Pragadha,

I'm following you in every thread:). I made cauliflower roast 3 days back. I followed the same recipe as potato roast http://www.indusladies.com/forums/6993-post61.html

I cooked the cauliflower in slightly salted boiling water (like cooking pasta) until slightly crunchy. Drained the cauliflower and marinate as given in recipe. When you start frying water will release. But don't worry. Fry on medium-high till the water reduces and then lower the heat. It gave me nicely roasted c.flower:)

Latha

10. Pragadha

Pragadha Senior IL'ite

thankyou very much for your reply. Yes u r always following me i think since we both have same name "latha" we are getting together everywhere. I will try the recepie and tell u the feedback.
    Thankyou chitrama for your quick reply.

latha

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.