Ask here - The recipes you want from ChitVish

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Priya Amarnath, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shakila banu

shakila banu Bronze IL'ite

Dear cm

is that all macraroni dishes has to be baked. I have only microwave oven and not the grill. What can i do. Please help.

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear SB,
    Since all ingredients are precooked, you can just assemble & MW Hi for 7-8 mts. It will be fine. Only the top browning will be missing but taste will be fine.
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

4. Chitvish

Dear Gayathri,
    About 20 - you need some sambar to be served with the vadai.
    For 1 cup of dhal ground in GRINder, you get 20-22 vadais.
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. Sakshi

Sakshi Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra Mami,

I have been told that substituting Wheat for Rice is a better option in the long run. I come from a family of diabetics. I want to get a jump start and start eating healthier and avoid the problems that many in my family are going through. I know this is not a sure way to avoid becoming a diabetic but I am on a mission towards healthy eating. I looked at your upma kozakattai recipe and was wondering if I can substitute godumai ravai instead of raw rice rawa. I don't know how that would affect the texture or if I would even be able to make kozakattai.I wanted to know your thoughts on that. I also wanted to know if you have any suggestions on other recipes I could do this. I wanted to avoid this if it was going to be a disaster.

Thank you so much and as always eager to receive your enlightening response. :)

Love
    Sakshi

6. umashankar

umashankar New IL'ite

Re: About The Recipes Index

Hi Chitvish
    This is uma here.. I am a great fan of ur recipes and keep trying them often... :bowdown would like to know the recipe for Varakarisi which is made during Seemantham function...Can it be made in the microwave...I would like to try a small quantity..I feel that its good as it has literally no oil and is good for persons with high cholostrol levels.. :helpCan u also help me with some snack recipes which involve less or no oil..
    bye....uma

7. Chitvish

Dear Sakshi,
    It is nice to know that you want to start healthy eating.
    I request you to go through my recipe index in detail. I have given many, many lapsi dishes, ragi dishes, cereal oothappam etc including lapsi kozakkattai. There is a whole range of lapsi dishes. Please try them all one by one for one meal a day. That is what I do.
    The one lapsi dish, I am yet to post is lapsi-oats upma, which I will post shortly. It is too good.
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Chitvish

Re: About The Recipes Index

Dear Uma,
    Welcome to IL - your first post is addressed to me for which I thank you.
    Yes, I do make varakarisi (also called varupayaru) occasionally since it is, no oil, filling & long-lasting. For making it, I combine stove top with MW. Otherwise it is veryy time consuming.
    Yes, I am planning to do it shortly & will surely post it. I have given quite a few dishes with less or no oil. Please take some time & go therough the recipe index fully. I will, in due course, try to give a separate link as well.
    I am shifting this post to the thread
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/ask-chitvish/558-ask-here-recipes-you-want.html
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. Sakshi

Sakshi Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra Mami,

Thank you for your recipes. I am a little impulsive. I was looking for "godumai ravai" and did not think about looking for Lapsi. My mistake. bonkI sure will go thru you recipes more thoroughly. I really thank you for posting such wonderful recipes. A lot of my family members are joining the "Chitra mami's fan club" :). Up until now, Meenakshi Ammal's books were our bible. Now "Chitra Ammal's" recipes have replaced it. We love your cooking, your recipes, your instructions, your measurements and most of all you description. Makes a recipe come to life perfectly every single time. I am so jealous of Vichu Mama. I am sure he enjoys every recipe you create. :?

Can't wait for more of your recipes
    Love
    Sakshi.

10. Chitvish

Dear Sakshi,
    Oh, you made me laugh on reading about Vichu Mama ! He is such a poor eater, does not eat onion, garlic, masala ! So, all the food I cook, goes to family, friends & well-wishers!
    He does not know or is not interested in knowing about IL. He just knows that I am sitting at the computer.
    Anyway, thanks for your post.
    Love,
    Chithra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.