Ash Abhi In Tirupati Temple

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by Abha, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Pics for whoever interested in seeing the couple!

Attached Files:

2. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Good photos, thanx for sharing with us:2thumbsup:

3. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

Super photos, but hmmmmmmmmmm... in Tirupati, one must be this much popular 'mattu pen' to spend 10 min. in 'Perumal Senadhi'? :icon_frown:

4. raginiprakash

raginiprakash Senior IL'ite

Thanks for sharing with us Abha!

Yeah......like Krishnaamma said, one has to be this popular to spend that much time in the Lord's Sannidhi in Tirupati.

BTW Abha, loved her Kanjeevaram saree. Also how come Abhi's sporting mehendi too......is it customary among north indians?

Cheers!
    Ragini.

5. Madhukiran

Madhukiran New IL'ite

Its very nice to see the new couple in the temple.
    Nice photos
    Thanx for sharing photos

Bye
    Madhu

6. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ragini,

Why are you asking like this? We South Indians too put 'marudhani' in hands and legs. But in a different manner. My husband, my brother in laws and my brothers everybody put 'marudhani' in their hand.:)

7. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

hey all

yaa actually it is customary for the guy to wear mehendi as well, in north India... but abhi seems to have got great designs also... cos these days guys donnt get designs they just get a Dot or 2 for the sake of ritual...

In fact... their traditions are very similar to ours... amitabh's family is from Allahabad and my huaband's family too is from UP (Lucknow).. in a snap Aishwarya is carrying a red wooden box, while she is in Car... i also carried that box at the time of Vidayi... this wooden box has sindoor from my in'laws side...

~Abha​

8. raginiprakash

raginiprakash Senior IL'ite

Hi Krishnaamma,

Oh! is that so.........i'm a kannadiga & not aware of the tamilian customs.

Customs vary in different places & communities, i'm from karnataka & there's no such custom prevalent there in most communities. In fact in our Madhawa Brahmin community there's no custom of the girl wearing mehendi too. Now-a-days most girls wear since they like adorning their hands with it. Myself & my sister never liked it, so we skipped that at our wedding.

Cheers!
    Ragini.

9. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

I was also doubted same as like ragini...In Andhra we put mehendi in marriage n ofcourse some festivals..But I never saw that guyz put mehendi to their hands..

I luv mehendi so much n the funniest thing is when ever we put mehendi, I put mehendi to my dad's hands n made fun out of his hands after it turned red ( My dad never say NO to me even though he doesn't likes to put) ... Missing my dad so much every day:icon_frown:

10. sheshin

sheshin Gold IL'ite

Hey Teja and all
    In south , in some communities groom wear mehendi on both hands.Teja me too, whenever i wear mehendi i apply it on my father's hands(a big circle) and a small one on my brother's hand.In my childhood my mother used to sing the famous song from Shobanbabu movie"Gorinta puchindi komma lekunda" while she applying mehindi on our hands.ohh i am missing my parents like anything.Can any one have any idea whether we get mehendi here in US? I like mehendi very much and my husband loves to see my hands with mehendi.

Love:)
    Neelima.