As a Teenager I Miss or Missed!!

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by malspie, Mar 23, 2008.

Poll: As a Teenager I

1. Midi Frocks – Both short and long a or Short Skirts with Blouse

22 vote(s)
    36.1%
  2. Salwar / Chudidhar Kameez

11 vote(s)
    18.0%
  3. Jeans (wide bottom / tight fitted) with kurta or blouse

22 vote(s)
    36.1%
  4. Sleevless blouse and low necks (saree blouse or blouse on western clothes)

16 vote(s)
    26.2%
  5. Salwar / Chudidhar Kameez

3 vote(s)
    4.9%
  6. Low Waist Jeans with blouse (short)

12 vote(s)
    19.7%
  7. Bell Bottom Pants and Blouse / Kurtha

10 vote(s)
    16.4%
  8. Sarees

4 vote(s)
    6.6%
  9. Half Sarees - long skirts with pallav

15 vote(s)
    24.6%
  10. Others - any dress of your choice

7 vote(s)
    11.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vaidehi

It is so true that college days are the best days of our life as the friends of that time are the best we ever had, live for each other and be for each other was the basic foundation of friendship and it keep growing stronger day after day.

The joy of hanging out with friends shopping at Elco, Dadar, Fashion Street, Colaba, Kemps Corner has its own flavour which we miss with the malls around. Today each of you go to the mall, shop for ourselves hang out there for hours all to ourself and return home.

You have hit a valid point, Vaidehi.

2. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

I missed wearing all the western dresses when i was a teenager. It was a strict no-no both in my family and also in the community i lived. The first i wore jeans was when i was catch my flight to US. I used to always wear salwars in my undergrad. But now i feel i shd hve broken the norm then and shd have worn all the western dresses :(
    -priya

3. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

My lovely dear friend,

Thank you very much for being so understanding !!! Its always as if you being my side and patting on my back and that sooths my day !! Bow

Thread gaining momentum and all interesting anecdotes adds a fresh flavor to the already circulating aroma !!

Regards with Loads of Love and affection
    RamyaVaradharajan

NB: Great new name again by my honey friend :):) (Rami- sounds nice. Thank you !!! )

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Priya,

Welcome to this thread. Reading so many posts where most of them did not enjoy wearing what they wanted, I feel like offering a special prayer to the lord who gave me such lovely parents and so much freedom in life.
    Anyways, what is important is you have got to wear jeans, better late than never, isn't it?

Do keep peeping in as always.

5. jaanu_2721

jaanu_2721 Bronze IL'ite

i liked ur topic... and such a nice post .. every1 were intrested in ur post..Computer Typing

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Thankyou JAANU for encouraging me with those kind words. A thread should gain momentum not because it has been started by malspie but it has got its own weightage only then I will consider myself to be a creative writer.

Thankyou once again, do keep peeping in, there will be something new every time. I can assure you that...

7. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi malu,
    I had used mostly western outfits during my teens and early twenties too........
    Yeah, I missed Salwars when was a teen and only got a chance to wear those once I was in the second year of my BS.......
    I was a little tall when I was in school and that's why mom never liked me to wear Salwars and always brought skirts/frocks/pants in which I wouldn't look older than my age.......
    And thenabt sarees......my papa never liked me to wear sarees and while I loved to do so...... during functions or parties, I have to take all my clothings to my frds place and from there only me and my frd will go to the party........
    Let me tell you one funny thing abt my dad (My dad is really too innocent), he never liked me to put the Chunni in Salwar as most of the time it used to touch the ground and being crazy abt cleanliness, he will ask me either to tie the chuni in the back or don't use that........can u imagine......
    regards.

8. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi Malspie,

Interesting topic !

During my teens, I have worn almost everything except for low waist jeans and short blouses. But, now I do wear the low waist jeans , but with long/medium length blouses.

As for skirts, I have worn all types of skirts except for mini skirts and low cut tops with spaghetti straps etc.

To be frank, I would never feel I missed them..since I always wear clothes that I am comfortable in.

I've never yearned to wear those dresses that I didn't wear...so I wouldn't categorise them like..I missed them !

Cheers
    Krithika

Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  9. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Meetu,

Hey, you seem to have lived the age with the right attire and spirit. Even I tie my duppatta on the sides when I wear Salwars as me too a cleanliness freak like you dad... In office, it is always tied to the arms of my chairBig LaughBig LaughBig Laugh

I am very comfortable with a pair of trousers. I also like sarees but Indian Climate does not lemme wear them often.. Its too hot and humid here.

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Krithika,

You seem to be carrying your figure well as you still wear low waist jeans. Even I wear what I am comfortable with and I care a damn about what others think...