As a Teenager I Miss or Missed!!

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by malspie, Mar 23, 2008.

Poll: As a Teenager I

1. Midi Frocks – Both short and long a or Short Skirts with Blouse

22 vote(s)
    36.1%
  2. Salwar / Chudidhar Kameez

11 vote(s)
    18.0%
  3. Jeans (wide bottom / tight fitted) with kurta or blouse

22 vote(s)
    36.1%
  4. Sleevless blouse and low necks (saree blouse or blouse on western clothes)

16 vote(s)
    26.2%
  5. Salwar / Chudidhar Kameez

3 vote(s)
    4.9%
  6. Low Waist Jeans with blouse (short)

12 vote(s)
    19.7%
  7. Bell Bottom Pants and Blouse / Kurtha

10 vote(s)
    16.4%
  8. Sarees

4 vote(s)
    6.6%
  9. Half Sarees - long skirts with pallav

15 vote(s)
    24.6%
  10. Others - any dress of your choice

7 vote(s)
    11.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Mals dear,

Trust you to come up with these topics!!

Well for me, i had my Grand mom living with us, so it was all traditional. No pants of anykind. And definitely no sleeveless or short skirts etc...

Have worn more than my fair share of dhavani, salwars, below the knee skirts, and full length dresses etc....
    But no short skirts, jeans, capris ...DrowningDrowning

V

2. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Latha,

That was a real surprise to know that you are comfortable with pants and jeans. Hey, you need not worry about huge siz.. those are bygone excuses. Today branded labels have clothes for all sizes. Why not try Pantaloon Collections. They have western clothes for slightly heavier people too. If you love to wear them, go for it.

Thanks for your lovely reply.

3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hey Ank,

Just take a "High Five" from me. Even my all time favourites is Jeans, Capris and Cargoes. I love to hang in them, how much I hate to where those corporate dresses. i just die to reach home to slip in to my favs.

Your post marriage life is rocking buddy.. that was very cute of your in-laws to encourage you to wear western outfits. I love such people who not only make life easier for them but also for others ..

Thanks for writing in.

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Puni,

You missed out wearing your fav clothes in your teens for which u r making up now. What is important is we should get a chance to wear our favourite outfits be it a matter of time or age or figure. Keep rocking in your shorts.. buddy.

5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hey Ovy,

From dhavani's to jeans and capris is a real jump baby. Keep it up. Thanks for appreciating this thread and no thanks for stepping in. What are friends for? What say??

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hey Vase,

Your post was really nostalgic. Just let it go baby. I think it is not too late to switch on to a pair of jeans with cotton shirts. Why not give it a shot? It is never too late to take any decision.

7. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Vandana,

Few people miss on wearing their favourite clothes at the right age and you seem to be one of them. Thanks for stepping in Vans.

8. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Hi,

interesting thread - I got to wear all types of clothes except the low necks. Low rise jeans were not "in" then and bell bottoms were "out" - my teen years were between the two trends! Of course being in bombay not too many opportunities to wear a half saree...

9. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

mals my angelpie sweetheart
    just saw this thread hence the delay in stepping in.. love this topic..have u mentioned anywhere what u wore..bec i searched could not find:)
    Since 6th grade wore only long skirt called pavadai in tamil and blouses stitched to cover upto chin. then after 10th grade wore pavadai dhavani which is long skirt , sari blouse and half saree material draped around. this till marraige. wore sari for marraige only ..did not like bec. i am tall and ht never enough..inlaws very forward so imm. switched to salwars..thank god for salwars and chudidhars.
    I really loved my pavadai dhavani dress..never felt i missed anything at all..
    Thanks for all your wonderful topics..why dont u post yur photo wearing ur fav. dressin faces thread or even here??????????????????:hide:

10. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi Malspie:

Nice topic for a poll.

Didn't really miss out on any kind of dress when I was a teenager. Infact, I remember being teased by my seniors for wearing trousers and sneakers!!?! So I had tone down myself to chudidhars. There was no restriction on the kind of dresses I could wear before marriage or after marriage.

But now, I do miss my sarees - haven't got enough of them here and would have loved to wear them more often.

Sindhu