1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Art of getting along

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Oviya, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Hi Friends,

This is a topic which we all cross in life. All of us would have different experiences and suggestions. It is a never ending one. So, am just going to open the door. Pour in your emotions...:cheers

It is no exaggeration to say...Getting along is an art.:wave People are different. One wants to be friendly.... Approaches another...Anything may happen ranging from a stone face to a red carpet welcome. The idea of being friendly can be understood from whole different perspectives. Let's don't imagine rather don't create those ones...:confused:Ignorance is bliss....

What should an optimistic person do if there is a negative reaction? To begin with why don't we think of avoiding such a negative reaction to the extent possible?

- A whole hearted approach, instead of just we-should-have-touch-as-we-meet behaviour, plays a vital role.

-The most important thing to remember is preparing ourselves to be kind for any situation and a for a longer period.:cool2:

-Never take any rights, never expect a thing and as many nevers as we can...atleast till the first bud shows up in the friendship plant.:wow

Each and every move is significant in the initial days of friendship. Maintaining is equally important. But, we can take a breath.

Again, people are different. There is a difference between writing in water, clay and cement...When it comes to people we can find this only after we write.

Let's go...Write....

Regards,
    Oviya.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2008

2. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Hello Oviya,

very nice topic.

I agree with you. A nascent friendship is a very fragile thing to handle. I am one of the go easy kind of person. I take it more spontaneously. I mean first thing for me, is I need to have a 'click factor' with any new friend. I used to explain this to my mom, when I used to say no for allainces for marriage. She used to ask for explanation why I said no for so and so guy. I would say , I didnt feel the click.
    And she would go berserk, what the heck is this click. I used to say, its the feeling which will let me go through anything in life. She would say your generation is beyond my understanding.

So coming back to friendship, If I felt a click for a person be it while travelling in bus. Waiting for bus on bus stop, meeting in book shop, meeting in college bench, office restroom, kitchenette in office..I have made friends in most remotest situations. And my click has not disappointed me. I think its the biological chemicals which click at the first sight. Thats more subconscious aspect of friendship for me.

For managing and being careful in friendship. I have never done that. Only thing I feel important in friendship, having a courage to tell a friend when he/she is wrong. Showing them the right way, opening up your own vulnerabilites and living thick and thin in life together is what defines friendship for me. I would go out and fight the world for such friends.

Ria

3. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Ria,

That is so nice of you to share about the way you make friendship which shows that you have cherished the moments in it. The 'clicking factor' part is interesting.

I say 'hi' to everybody. So, naturally experienced whole bunch difference in reactions. When I turn back; there are a lot of golden milestones. After a solid first reaction from them, I would start being my own. I believe in being myself. This is one of my favouite quotes;

A simple friend thinks the friendship over when you have an arguement...A real friend knows that it is not a friendship until after you have had a fight...

Love,
    Oviya.

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Oviya,
    nice thread about this art.

I am also that kind of a person who will get along with everybody ( I don't know how do the other side take this)
    but I am also the one who doesn't talk much and not the one who initiates talking.
    If somebody does that job for me I am easy at it.
    But after coming to IL I feel a lot of difference in me in getting friends, still 'piravi gunam' is still there to some %

sriniketan

5. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

So..let us shake hands....Sri

Thattungal Thirakkappadum....is the best technique....

Last edited: Feb 24, 2008
  6. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

en ullam thirandey ulladu daraalamaga ulley varalaaam ...sunkan

7. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Oviya
    A nice thread on getting along......
    I am person who can get along with anyone very easily........But only problem is in the beginning, I can't take the 1st step but ones make friends then it is very easy to get along..........let that person be on any age and gender doesn't matter.

8. lathamohan

lathamohan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Oviya,
    Good opening
    Myself starting trouble once little bit close than no problem I get along.
    love,
    latha

9. aquamarine

aquamarine Senior IL'ite

Hi Oviya,

A nice thread :hiya. I am a cautious person by nature and am very hesitant when making new friends. I firmly believe that familiarity brings contempt and There are certain rules that one never crosses and so on and so forth.

The one thing that I did find out- is if one wants to be your friend or if you want to be someone's friend then we have to accept the individual as they are. Friendship is very precious, cause it is a friend who knows us more than we know ourselves.

Regards,

Aqua

10. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

Hi Oviya,

First, I like your User ID. Is't your name? Oviya is a lovely name, sounds very different! The title & the thread is also good. How do we get along with others is indeed an art.
    I am a friendly person, like to talk more & make friends very easily.
    But the question is how I maintain my friendship & relationship is that what really matters to me & to others. I am a very sensitive person, I will be disturbed very easily & if I feel the other person is not genuine or trying to hurt me or act smart I will slowly move away from them. This bell will ring in my mind " dhushtanai kandaal duura velagidu'.bonk

Thanks for opening the door.