1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Art of Enjoying!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by vidchakra, Jul 26, 2011.

1. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Driving through the over populated roads is what I hate the most. The travel time is more than one hour even though the distance between my house and office is 20 kilometers.The pollution, continuous honking, jammed roads, accidents, all of these disturbs me a lot and drives me crazy.

There is no way I can avoid this travel. So I made up my mind yesterday evening to relax. I decided to enjoy my ride back home. I sat back looking out of the window to notice all the positive things around me. There were wonderful sights around me which brought a smile on my face.

An elderly couple were walking hand in hand on the crowded road. The man so lovingly held the lady's hand and helped her cross the road. I kept staring at them till they were out of sight. It was a delightful scene and I fast forwarded my life and imagined me and my DH in their place. Wow!

The drizzle lighted up my joyful mood. People on the road hurried to avoid drenching in rain. I saw an young man walking slowly. He carefully held an umbrella for the woman (seemed to be the man's mother) walking next to him. He was wet completely, but protected his mother from the rain. The simple sight touched my heart.

I suddenly realized we were on the fly over and surrounded by vehicles. Our car was sandwiched between a bus and car. The kid in the car next to ours looked at me and gave a toothless smile. Now who will not fall for the beautiful innocent smile of a child. I spent my time on the fly over talking to the kid in our own sign language. I looked at the bus driver on the other side. He was waiting patiently for traffic to clear. I empathized with him. He probably spends majority of his life on the roads. There was no trace of complain on his face.

And above all I have my tension free DH sitting next to me for the whole one or two hours. Do I need anything else? There is no Television or Laptop to compete with me. I looked at Mr.Cool sitting next to me and it brought a big grin on my face.

I reached home after spending around two hours on road and it was not at all stressful for me. The reason was evident. I hope to enjoy my every day long rides as I did yesterday.

There are umpteen things in our life which we cannot escape from. Can we at least give a try and learn to enjoy them?

2. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

Hi vidchakra..

That was a sweet post.

I for one actually love jammed roads, just for the sake of free people watch. I don't drive(my poor hubby has that task)so I gleefully indulge in my sight seeing.

Seriously I have had seen some wonderful things watching out from my window. Yes the world is fast, unexpecting, wonderful, almost always funny and most importantly beautiful.

And oh i never miss a chance of playing peek a boo with a kid from the next vehicle(even here in a foreign country).

My carseat window is most probably my zen window, the window to the outside world a window to a split second heaven for me.

I am really happy that you found that treasure too..

3. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

That was a good one Vidchakra. Besides, instead of brooding over our own issues, its better to come out and start looking outside. Enjoyed reading it. Thanks. -rgs

4. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Wow vidu,:hiya

You have articulated this topic in a good way. Infact told you that i also need to travel almost 1n half hour every day to reach office ...i used to get so frustrated so much when i started traveling ..but down the line i also learnt the art of enjoying the travel .....:)

Once i get into the bus ...i start conversing with the people around , if i dont get anyone then stare at the beautifully dressed girls ..complement them...look at people sitting in their seats and dozing off ..
    One mom dragging the kid to the school..n the kid going behind her mom lazily ..looking around ...
    some painful incidents as well ....:-(..so the list goes on ...

Added to it is narrate the story to my DH...

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidya

Enjoyed reading your write up. I also like to enjoy seeing what is happening in the outside world.

6. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi, Vidu,
    Kudos for coming up with another interesting topic...For obvious reason my Dh drives always I too observe many touching scenes on the road...who needs tv then all we need is to make-up our mind to enjoy come what may

7. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai VC,

If you will start enjoying each and everything inyourlife there will not be any dislikes in our life. Traffic enjoy and watch each and everybody. Your flow of thoughts will be more about others etc., etc., Analysation will effect you more to bring you interest in your disinteresting thing

8. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

A very nice writeup vid...!!!!!!!!

I used to enjoy my 45 minutes travel to office in bus except while standing in a crowded bus. If i get a window seat then am very happy and enjoy !!!!!!!

I very much see myself in Anisu's comment.

9. mathu903

mathu903 Gold IL'ite

How true Vid.. They say when you cant change something start learning to live with it. Even better as you have said start enjoying the positives of it! Great work..

10. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Thanks malar for such lovely comments!

Wow! you enjoy jammed roads... i am hearing from someone for first time..

Thanks again for dropping by