1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Arrange Marriage 1st Meeting Of Groom

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by DhanalakshmiTG, Oct 22, 2016.

1. DhanalakshmiTG

DhanalakshmiTG Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,

My parent started search groom before a couple of years, bcz of my star everyone rejected.. Consulted so many astrologer and performed pooja with hope recently.. If groom horoscope matched our side, we get reply as horoscope not matching from their side.. Like this life goes on.. Parents feels too bad regarding my marraige.. Groom parents is distance relative for my uncle family.. Parents started praying to god, not to miss the family..

Thnk that gonna be end by tomorrow.. Keep on praying for that.. Both side horoscope got matched well and groom parents are decided to meet at our home on 23rd Oct 2016.. Feeling Nevrsed :confundio1:.. Already parents showed groom photo.. By physical appear we cant judge people no, so bit confused.. Groom is looking handsome and he is 6 ft, but short..

Am started asking so many questions with me.. What to talk to boy???? How to dress???? How to talk with their parents???? Groom will positive news for marriage ah???? So many questions like this :confundio1::confundio1::confundio1:

Everything in Gods hand...Believe on God.

2. Craziyrmom

Craziyrmom Silver IL'ite

Hi Dhanalakshmi,

Please don't stress yourself over this. I understand that this is an important alliance for you and your parents, but keep in mind that whichever way things work out, happens for a reason. Please be prepared for all situations.

Regarding what to dress up in, pick up your fav dress and you'll be very confident to talk. Always wear a smile on your face which is the biggest accessory. Take this meeting as a casual one and don't get tensed as it ll panic your parents too. Keep calm and ask your parents to do the same.

Regarding questions to be asked, first try to know each others job and interests in life. Look at what the groom plans for his future...see if it is compatible for your life ambitions. This is most important. If you wish to travel around the world and if groom just wishes to fulfill his EMI obligations without spending, this will be a big compromise for you. I know you cant get much out of the first meeting but please try and communicate.

See how much he allows you to give your views and how much freedom he gives to talk. Atleast that can help you to form a basis.

Please don't accept unrealistic demands if they make any.

For Eg: I got an alliance where I was asked to leave my job because the elder DIL doesn't go to work. I knew from the first meeting that this wouldn't work out for me. In another place, a groom just kept discussing how much salary I get and who manages my finances whether its my dad or me. I was happy it dint work out ;)

All the best to you and may the best things happen to you :)

Please keep us updated!

coolgal123 and anika987 like this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Six feet but short??tats not short :)
    Just dress in a nic Salwar kameez,less makeup,no flowers,small bindi,bracelet,do manicure and pedicure,leave hair loose with center clip.wear mild perfume.

Relax and have no inhibitions.
    Just smile.dont think too much and answer what u feel.be yourself and tad what worked for all of us.

If u guys r meant to be,even if u jump and giggle and act like a clown,who knows the guy might find that cute and u will end up being together :)
    Good luck dear

4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Also I want to add this..

I only saw two families and ended up being dil for second one

First I dressed up simple and nice,plaited kept flowers and the moment They saw me their face cringed.
    They kept talking in English and wanted me to reply back he same to see if I can converse well in English.secondly,they were praising america all the time and their son and least bothered to know about me.the guy was the only son and he studied in one of the Ivy League and they acted too smart.if I had married their son I would have ended up a housemaid for life

Second family was very nice and relaxed and I felt perfect to be a part of their family.i may have misunderstandings with my inlaws but they r basically lovely inlaws.even though I am the one who works at home,my home is my kingdom and husband treats me with respect as a person.though I lament ,I cannot ask for a better guy or life:)

5. DhanalakshmiTG

Hi Craziyrmom,

Thank for your great tips..
    My dad brought sweets from Sri Krishna Sweets.. My mom cleaned and everything neatly arranged.. My mom asked to wear silk saree (blue color).. Feels too hard to wear silk saree.. Somehow managed with the help of my younger sister... Did simple make up..

They told will start by 11.. Will reach in 30 mins..Thy stucked in traffic (very well know abt chennai traffic no).. So that i did everything with relaxed.

Reached our home after 12 pm only... Am alone n one room.. They came as 4 members.. After long discussion with my parents. Groom's elder sister came and bring me out in hall.. while coming out , saw the grooms face, he just smiled.. His sister asked to sit with her(opp to groom).. Asked some questions like where ur working, wat u like, do u know cooking and she gave short intro about her family.. Her Sister noticed, that i was nervous and make me cool as Be relax and feel comfortable.. Then she raised groom to talk with me..

We came to the room and we sit comfortably.. He started 1st, he told about careers, where he did college, work and his family.. From his words, i understood that i likes to be as joint family. Then myself gave intro.. then bla bla ah.. We talk nearly 15 mins..He talk with smiling face...

In between that mom and sister gave sweets and cool drinks to everyone. Again his parents talked wit my parents and finaly had coffee.. They planned to leave..

Sterday was my birthday too.. Finally i gave chocolate to everyone.. His mom and his sister talked with me very well..

Dont know what will be the final.. My parents are expecting positive replies by today.. Fingers crossed..

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  6. DhanalakshmiTG

Hi anika987,

He is 6 feet, but am short.. Mom came up with saree... Simple and nice looking saree color.. Traditional wear saree and had some flowers.. I avoided make up..

Mom asked to put plait bcz of long hair.. Everything nicely moved on.. Expecting their replies...

anika987 likes this.
  7. Craziyrmom

Craziyrmom Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Nice to see your reply and good to know all went well...
    Hope the guy asked your preferences and what u wud like to plan...esp if you are planning to stay in joint family.
    Also good to see all family members making you comfortable...

8. DhanalakshmiTG

Ya went well.. Happy with that. Replied that Joint family is also better nowadays. As i my wish, not prblm with joint family.. Love to be like that.. May be there will have some more ups and downs compared to nuclear family.. Mine is big family, so love to be as joint family.

anika987 likes this.
  9. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

@DhanalakshmiTG
    Hope everything works well for you., If this is the guy meant for you, he will come back with a positive result. If not, then probably he is not the one. Look for a better one.
    Please make up your mind for this.

I can see that you are desperate for a marriage. It is true that we have a social pressure to be married at certain age. When the complexity in the horoscope etc..etc. delays the process, we start to loosen our demands in the marriage market due to the fear of loosing "otherwise" nice grooms.

Your agreement to joint family seems kind of an adjustment you are trying to make, to fix this alliance. For you, this alliance is something God's gift, as you have had a few failed attempts in the past.
    But are you sure that you can live in a joint family system forever?
    Decisions like this shouldn't be made out of any other reasons like this.

I am not telling that joint families are bad, but joint families have their own sets of unique problems. Better you give some thoughts and analysis before accepting this.

There are some people, who really like to live with people around them. For them, joint family is a dream. They are fully aware of the problems a joint family has. But they oversee them for the fun part of it.
    If you are this type, you can definitely enjoy a joint family.
    If not, don't jump to the fire from a frying pan.

Staying single, as a woman, after a certain age is definitely a considerable problem in India. But don't compromise your life for this matter. Your life is more important.

What is the point of matching horoscopes when there is no proper way of matching it. I am confused, when you say that some horoscopes are matching as per your way, but not matching as per their way?
    But you know, some people get married without any horoscope. Some people are even very happy without horoscope matching.
    Sadly, some people are heading to divorce, and leading widowhood followed by excellently matched horoscopes.
    In some cases, the pundits who do this job confuses so much, and mislead the believers. I believe God is superior to all this. Have faith in God - whichever religion you follow.
    Don't let these horoscope matter becomes a horror part of your life.

I am not against this horoscope matter. But, of late, I am seeing many women are ready to compromise on their rights and demands when it comes to marriage market just because of some stars or planets wrong positions in their horoscopes. It ends up a horror story in their marriage.

minn1, guesshoo and seekout like this.
  10. DhanalakshmiTG

@SGBV , Thank u so much for reply.. Your's point is true.

Myself brought with joint family environment.. So that told that, Joint family is not big issue for me.. But ur points were true.. Heard some things from one of close friend, she s with MIL & FIL's.. She told so many thing about her problem.. She is much worried and planning to shift job in various location and like to live as nuclear family.. Everyone has diff character no.

But from my side, Came up with that environment , so only i told joint family is better and i can able to manage.. I have understand from his word, but i didnt express that i like to be live as joint family.. May chance to feel like, just she is accepting bcz of completion or anything. Thats y i d'nt express but nicely completed the topic.

My star is Ayiliyam... Hope u may know about that.. Astrology says Ayiliyam will affect for MIL's.. Thats d main reason of so many grooms parents rejected my profile, even after horoscope well matched.. Some of them not believing that and most 90% believing...

Your words are true on that.. Even after horoscope well matched, so many pairs got divorced.. Parents are believing on horoscope matching, cant able to speak againts them.. Sure there will a man for me, it may take time or may be soon to find him. If they give positive result, thats the man for me or else my parents again need to start groom searching.

Lets See..