1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Are your children cherished?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by meenasankaran, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear meenu,

that was such a heart wrenching incident .My heartfelt sympathies to those parents as loss of a child is the most cruelest thing that anyone has to undergo.

Yes I do cherish my child and do not loose any oppurtunity to tell her so..... especially now that she is away from home.:)

A good post, meenu.:thumbsup

2. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

Meena,

Bow for such a great post!

Hope every parent realize this fact.

3. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Dear Shanthi,

Loved your fb as you made some very good points. Like Spiderman said, I would like to hear more of what you have to say on this matter so when time permits, do stop by with some more of your thoughts.

My hats off to you and your DH for this healthy attitude towards parenting. It is not easy for me to turn a blind eye to the mess my children make around the house but I am learning to see the bigger picture these days and not get worked up over little things.

You hit the bull's eye when you said that all parents cherish their children but not all express it clearly. I used to be a prime example of the latter kind being severely afflicted with 'emotional constipation' but I would like to think that I have thawed from that frozen state to being more openly affectionate these days. Thanks for a great fb Shanthi.

4. meenasankaran

Dear DNM,

If you are stopping what you are doing to pick up your son when he demands it, then looks to me like you are on the right track. You are so right in that they do grow up fast so let's make sure that we savor each moment that we spend with our children.
    Happy parenting DNM. :cheers

5. meenasankaran

Dear Kamala,

I remember this time last year, I could barely function for a few days being filled with a terrible sense of gloom and despair over the loss of that little girl. And I was not even very close friends with that family only an acquaintance. I could not imagine how her parents felt at that time. That initial period of desperation led way to a lot of self-reflection resulting in me gaining a new perspective of life.

Even today, I do not claim to be a perfect mother. I continue to have my share of frustration and anger and disappointment and I have no shame in admitting that I enjoy bouts of yelling every now and then (perks of parenting :)) but through it all, I do not leave my children in any doubt of my love for them.

Thank you, Kamala, for joining me in mourning this little girl on her first death anniversary. May God watch over her whereever she is.

6. meenasankaran

Dear Abhi,
    I wish you luck in this learning process. All I can tell you is that it will be worth it. :thumbsup Enjoy your child Abhi and thanks for stopping by! :)

7. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

Thanks! I came by to reread your posts and to read all the new posts just because this topic is so important to me. I struggled for so many years to have a baby and I remind myself everyday what a gift I have been given. It may sound strange but I feel grateful to my DS for picking me to be his mommy. It was like he gave me a chance when no one else would. That is why I sing 'You are my sunshine' to him everyday. When he is old enough to understand, we can talk about it. Until then, I squish him and kiss him to my heart's content.

8. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

^ You are lucky, and N is lucky too dnm :thumbsup

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  9. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

Hi DNM,
    I am really moved by your post.So nice of you.Even I cherish my children and they know it too.Maximum no of days I allow them to be themselves and once in a while I get mad on them by looking at the shattered things in the house and I really don't like it when my husband constantly insists them to be perfect( obeying , discipline,maintaining silence in the home etc..)After all they are kids.Let them enjoy the childhood.

10. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Wonderful post mam...Always all your posts are very funny and make me laugh so much. But this time, it made me very emotional. A very beautiful message you have conveyed :thumbsup