1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Are you undecided whether to read this or not?

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Sir,

But of course you had to be the writer of this piece . I doubt anyone else could do it so immaculately.An definite and immaculate write up about indecisiveness. Thats a paradox!! and of course with its right ounce of humour!(your last line)

Comtemplating , still thinking, in the process of considering, planning a strategy are almost always a part of our daily dialogues.

A constant conflict of emotions, decisions, desires etc. a part and parcel of human race.

Regards,

Devika

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sri,

Where do u get yr ideas from ? I am indecisive now whether to tell u yr blog is good or super or super duper.You have hit the nail on the head really.HAHA.

A friend of mine,around 30 yrs back, was searching for a bride, while i was still a few years away.And he must hve seen 50 girls, shown by his parents, and every week when we friends went out for mives and dinner, he would come out with his list of girls and photos, and keep telling us he likes Girl No 23,her face is cute but she has a biog backside, but girl no 42 is good, buit her father is an alchoolic etc.I suppose this fellow used to suffer from indecisiveness as u rightly describe.

Mine was straightforward.I married the first girl i was shown, and the pics are all over Indus, and i ahve no regrets as of date.

A Great one Sir, as only u can write.You ar a master story teller.Regards.kamal

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Devika
    I should say that you are becoming too indulgent towards me! But let me tell you a secret here. Even immortal writers like my guru PGW, Bernard Shaw and the like loved being appreciated by their readers. Being a simple, ordinary mortal, how can I be any different? Messages like yours gladden my heart and beckon me to write more.

If there is no conflict of emotions, no one can be happy! Recently I read that they are trying to develop a thinking robot which would replace a dog as man's best friend. This means that the proposed robot would have to emote like a dog. I really wonder if it is ever going to be possible. But I am mentioning it here to highlight the importance of feeling emotional in making our lives more interesting. Nobody would be interested in an emotionless person!
    Sri

4. Cheeniya

Dear Kamal
    You might have observed that I have dropped the 'ji' from your name while addressing you. I cant be 'ji'ing someone with whom I feel so close!
    Your friend reminds me of my maternal uncle. Of course he saw only 49 girls and thus falls short of your friend but my uncle married the first girl he saw after seeing the remaining 48! After seeing each girl, he would say that the previous one was better and in this process of dilution of quality, the first girl he saw turned out to be the best of the lot. My uncle is 86 now and my aunt 80!
    After seeing your family photos, I can tell you I would have censured you if you had married any other girl!
    Sri

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

No no no Cheensaar....I was not! I mean, I was not undecided about reading this...I was very decided (?) indeed to read it at a more paced out time and it seems to happen now.....:)

Like the Japanese lady of Jayanat, I am savoring this post of yours with more than a smile...a big grin, if you want to know...At this stage, the post seems to have had its full bloom and the joints and retorts adding to its bouquet!

I still do admit that I face terrible dilemmas of indecisiveness at certain instances and hate to be in that situation! Wish my original african brain could have mutated faster...but alas...

Your exchange with Kamalji about bride selection once again brought back the thoughts of my fav. commercials. Sorry I keep subjecting you to them, but then, I want to share my favs with my fav people ...;))))

L, Kamla

Here....

YouTube - Nationwide (India ad) - Selecting a girl

6. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla
    A GEM of a reply post.. I am so glad I caught it in time and did not miss reading it.. I am sure it was very special as you were replying to someone very special to you!
    Also checked out the ad-very nice :)

7. Cheeniya

Dear Kamla
    That was a terrific ad! Very original indeed! Thanks for sharing!
    I hope that this ad will have a very positive impact on all the indecisive folks of IL!
    Let me share a secret with you here. My sole aim in life is to have the ears of all those coming in contact with me connected by a biggg smile! Good I have bagged you, my prize catch!
    Sri

8. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri
    Even without knowing Kamla was your prize catch I have been admiring her humor and posts..Now that I now Bow and hoping to see Kamla post her photo here with her BiGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG smile :)

9. Cheeniya

Dear AC
    If wishes were horses
    Dreams will be the destination!
    Sri:)

10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear cheeniya sir, believe it or not, I happened to see the index of your posts just today. Some times I wonder about my own intelligence level. The title of the post is what helped me decide that I wanted ti read it. I don't know about others, but I am usually good with my gut feeling and if I happen to stray towards indecision, I usually tend to abandon the project I have taken up, however big or small.

That said, it made an extremely interesting read and I agree more the number of choices, harder is it to make a decision and I guess people like me get very fussy as they grow older simply because we refuse to see the options to avoid making decisions and prefer to go in our set ways - do you think? now why do I feel so indecisive about this thought?