1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Are you undecided whether to read this or not?

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri
    Now that you have established that you have decidophobia, let me ask you this so as to understand this condition better. There can be only 2 alternatives, either yes or no. So why the difficulty in choosing either? As usual you are making the reader think !

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear AC
    What a beautiful example of working in tandem! And coming to saree selection by hubbies, it is an acknowledged fact that men usually have a more aesthetic eye! It is no surprise that your DH's selections receive accolades from your friends' circle. Dont you know that a majority of world's best fashion designers are male of the specis?
    Sri

3. Cheeniya

Chithra Mam
    What I meant was that you are his better half but he is the best that happened to you. Hence the usage 'best half'.
    You are an Old Timer but my friends call me 'Old Monk'!
    Sri

4. Anandchitra

It does appear to innocent ME that you vambai villaiku vangureenga! Andha amma lesula vida mattanga :hiyapoyum poyum best half better half chandiyil mateketeengaRantipa kuda onum mosam pogavillai..ivanga than BESTEST half enru chuli poteengana namma rendu perum themenu sivanenu thongaal pogalam? enna chuli poureenga iya?:bowdown

5. Cheeniya

Dear AC
    Dont you know that life is not all that simple with the choice restricted to yes or no? There is 'May be' too which complicates matters further. Even if I am confronted with a problem where there can be only one decision, I would still ask myself if that decision should be taken now or later!
    Sri

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Cheeniya Sir,
    first when I saw the title, i saw who wrote this and immediately (no decision involved) started reading it.

Decidophobia---I am sure to use that in our house-hold (decided)
    YOu must have seen that it takes only min. to take a decision from my side (don't ask me how many minutes)

true for somethings, time will answer.
    but when you drive? when you go out to cross the road?

''Maybe"--my children were used to this word from me.
    You know they create dilemmas no other way to avoid that situation at that moment.
    At first they would wait and see what i will do after saying maybe-- then they understood it is my way of saying 'no'. Andha paruppu ippo vegaadhu.

Regarding sending your wife to her parents house and inviting MIL to your house is a dilemma, I will give you a suggestion-----just stay away from the house for somedays like go out for a pilgrimage or visit a relative or friend who lives farther from you..hahaha...

sriniketan

7. Anandchitra

Dear Bhargavi
    I am thoroughly enjoying your answer. Especially the MAYBE. even my son know my maybe is a definete NO.
    also the solutions you gave for mil's visit hahaha hilarious:bowdown

8. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,
    Decidophobia again!
    You are indecisive when you almost want to say that I am the best thing that happened to him ! You are undecided whether to give me the credit or not. :hide:
    Does not the song go
    Manaivi amaivathellam iraivan kodutha varam
    The reverse is never true ! We make the "best use" (?) of the man who becomes our husband; not only that, we project him as the best thing that happened to us (whatever may be the truth!).
    These men!Rant
    Well........:crazy
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. Cheeniya

Dear AC
    There is some truth in what you say. I think I'll pacify ma'm as you suggest. Thanks for the tip.:bowdown
    Sri

10. Cheeniya

Dear Sri
    It's good to see that in your Thesaurus, 'May be' means a firmer No! That makes your job simpler.I remember when I was a teeny weeny little boy, my father used to handle these situations more aggressively. Whenever there was utter chaos at home and the matter went to my Dad, he would just roar on the lines of Jerome K Jerome saying 'The back of my hand is on its way to your mouth'! Since everyone knew how strong my dad was in his backhand volleys, an instant, though uncomfortable,silence would descend on the house. With that awful threat, he would walk away without saying yes or no!
    Believe me or not, that used to be an alternative I have pursued several times, I mean your suggestion about going on a pilgrimage. In fact, I used to do it so often till recently that my buddies used to regard me as some kind of the Head of some Mutt!
    Sri