1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Are you undecided whether to read this or not?

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Feb 28, 2008.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Dear sri,
    wonderful write up, as far as i am concern i never take long to take a decision to either purchase or solution, as i have made up my mind to take what i want and only then go purchasing i never look here there, so always quick, even with sarees which is tough on a woman with the latest trend going on.

yes, i know of the zodiac sign that lead in this factor, librans lead here, they can never make up their mind once they go shopping, why, for that matter, if you offer do you like this or want something else, and in the end u come back home with nothing.

take the tv channel when there was only DD we were waiting for the next programme, but.. now we have some 100 channels and yet we keep browsing and selecting what we should see and sometime switch it off and look for other interests.

restaurants are another as u mentioned it is tough to select untill u know about the place and what is good it is a trial and error all the way...sunkan

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear AC
    If you decide not to 'chindumudinjify' in this thread, I'll be the loser. Like Samson, I also have my power in my chindu! You know how he became vulnerable once they cut off his chindu!
    So you are also one of those fast decision makers? I really do not know why people want to take decisions in a jiffy. In fact, I consider my problems as the best bed to sleep on. I belong to the school of thought which strongly believes that all problems get ground to dust by the revolution of the sun on its own axis . That way Mother Earth is a super grinder! No problem can survive the passage of Time.
    When you talk of how nothing gets done as one sits wondering what to cook, I am reminded of the indecision of the Lucknowi aristocracy. I believe that they are so respectful to each other that when two of them are about to board a train, they request each other to board first(Pahle aap!) until the train leaves without them!
    Sri

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,
    I have decided to read every rambling of yours ! No indecision at all !

Decidophobia? Not for me. Ever since I realised your friend suffers from that phobia, to balance our life perhaps, I have never had it. Perhaps that is the reason, cold and indigestion are less frequent or practically non-existent for me !

I sometimes feel the multiple choices offered in question papers in schools now a days, perhaps contribute to this indecisiveness from a young age. It was not there when I studied in schools – the stylishly called “objective type” came into vogue much later.

The way I was chasing you to give me the permission to index your threads gave me an indication that indecision is your other name. Procrastination? Well, the less said about it, the better ! I definitely do not have it.

Thank God, you do not suffer from indecision when you sit for your meals! Otherwise your grandchildren would be calling you “Ulta Thatha” !

Now, I have decided that this is just my first, rather, immediate FB. I am sure to come back with more thoughts.
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. Cheeniya

Dear Sundari
    I have heard from a close friend of mine, Mr.Kothandaraman, former MD of Radha Silks Chennai and who runs an outfit called Angadi Silks in Jayanagar , Bangalore, that the ladies who ask for more sarees to be displayed before them are the ones who will ultimately leave without purchasing anything! And you are right about people who hold the TV remote in their hands like John Wayne of the wild west and keep changing the channels at lightning speed! They never see one program in full!

It is interesting to know that we can blame our indecisive nature on our zodiac signs. But it is a matter of great comfort that the planets themselves are not indecisive about the orbits that they should take!
    Sri

5. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra
    I am OK with people who take all the decisions by themselves and not pass on that buck to me. Indecision is an endearing quality according to me because they are so much fun to be with. Who wants ruthless decision makers who never give a chance for our minds to flex their muscles?
    In fact, I love being indecisive on very trivial issues like whether I should go to sleep lying on my left or right. I have spent several nights lying on my back unable to decide!
    I am happy that your best half is a victim of dicidophobia. My admiration for him has gone up several notches now.
    I can see that you have never faced an objective type question papers in your life. This unravels the great mystery why old timers tend to be more subjective!
    Sri

6. abhatv

abhatv Senior IL'ite

Hello Cheeniya sir,

Are you undecided whether to read this or not? Definitely not! I don't have to think twice before reading your posts--but posting is definitely after a bit of pondering. Because sometimes after reading the fbs already posted , if I feel I cannot add anything different, I refrain from doing so. Sorry. And sometimes I am a bit too lazy.
    Sorry again.

However I take decisions pretty fast and sometimes I pay for it. But I don't regret doing so. Karma phalam--to be borne by yours truly.

Love,

Abha.

7. Cheeniya

Dear Abha
    Karma phalam is precisely what I am scared of! My 25 years in SBI have taught me one thing. The people who never take any decisions in their career advance smoothly in the hierarchy as compared to people who are prone to take fast decisions. The reason is that the officer who never takes any decision never has any negative marks against him for decisions that go sour. But the chap who takes decisions is likely to go wrong on certain issues and the wrong decisions keep standing in the way of his career advancement!
    Sri

8. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri
    About the saree selecting process..for the most part my husband selects all that I wear and has chosen and bought every saree and churidhars I wear. He goes into the saree shop and exits in lets say approx 5 mins. This time is ofcourse slightly exagerrated more to imply quick. In the meantime he has selected quite a few (?) where I would said only one and not only I all my friends agree they are the best saree selections we have seen. Me on the other hand would go into dress shop and spend hours there. When dh comes to pick me up he will look at all the ones i have shortlisted and would finalise for me. This process has worked for me for dress selections upto pots and pans selections and now even to seed selection. :hiya

9. Chitvish

Dear Sri,
    Your humour is touching greater heights when you write about your indecisiveness on bed (thank God, only on turning to left or right! - not a major issue!!) .:spin
    Sir, by calling me an old timer, where do you stand, tell me, please?
    Who ever said, I have my best half - you make it appear as if better halfs are lined up & one is best half !Rant
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. Chitvish

Dear AC,
    Perfect
    Sathi Savithri, call Bharathiya Nari
    &
    Pati Parameshwar !
    Typical Bharatiya Jodi living as NRIs !
    Love,
    Chithra.