1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Are you contented with only pleasures of your life?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by srinivasan_vanaja, Jun 20, 2007.

1. lathanarasimhan

lathanarasimhan New IL'ite

Hi Vanaja,
    I understand that my post only replied padma's post.
    Contentment in life does'nt come only by enjoying the pleasures of life. Some people make their life meaningful by setting goals for themselves and working towards fulfilling these goals , which can be material or spiritual.
    Fulfillment of these goals leads to contentment.
    I have read in many books that each of us has a divine purpose in life. Our challenge is to decode this purpose. Many great people have achieved this divine goal. I'm still waiting to find mine.
    As for the way I lead my life, Shri Shri Ravishankar has said that we have a choice to be joyous or despair.I have chosen to be joyous.
    I have not attended any of his programmes but I always read the teachings of any spiritual leader.
    Regards latha:wave

1 person likes this.
  2. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

Dear Sudha,

Thank you for your warm words. Yes we learn a lot from these type of discussions. Gives you a good solution for your problems without a counselor (my another topic).

regards,

Vanaja

3. srinivasan_vanaja

Dear Latha,

You have given a good message - that we all have a divine purpose in life. How divine it is going to be?

We all agree Music is next to God. So have the musicians met their divine purpose?

We all agree Duty is God. So is that enough if we do our duties properly?

I feel personally since 'Love is God' too, Love all, Serve all. Your divine purpose is met. But it is very difficult to practice. Just a thought.

regards,

Vanaja

1 person likes this.
  4. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Vanaja

You seem to be coming up with interesting topics to discuss. Responses to your thread made interesting read.

Well if you ask me, I would gleefully say a big Yes. God appearing be fore you and willing to grant only the pleasures in Life, why not enjoy it?

Though most of us have said "No pain, no gain" phillosophies, I would view that I am a chosen one by the Almighty to enjoy the pleasures of the Life.

I do not want to go into the definition of what is Pleasure as it is a relative term. Well it could be a Personalised 24*7 domestic help saving you from the mundane chores to luxuries of the Life to smallest precious moments that you cherish in your heart.
    If you are going to ask me will you be bored with just enjoyng the Pleasure, well definitely I will be just basking in on the special glory showered on me.
    Though I like spicy and hot starters, with Life I am a sweet toothed person.

5. lathanarasimhan

lathanarasimhan New IL'ite

Hi vanaja
    I just read an interesting story by Heena in a thread Bank account of life.
    Do read the story.More on Devine interventions afterI get back from my vacation.
    regards latha.:wave

1 person likes this.
  6. srinivasan_vanaja

Hi Laxmi,

Nice to see your reply. Do you find my thread interesting? Hope I am not boring anyone. I wish God appear before you and grant you all the pleasures and ask Him to become a member of IL.:-D

Regards,

Vanaja

7. srinivasan_vanaja

Hi Latha,

I shall read the story and me too more towards the divine inventions.

regards,

Vanaja

3 people like this.
  8. meeta012

meeta012 Junior IL'ite

Vanaja....
    Hey!! The job is not a pain..actually its brought pleasures too...like i said...maybe there's no real answers.The job brings the satisfaction that I can bring my daughter with dignity and without depending on anyone....which is a huge blessing.

But even if God came before me...I wudn't ask for salvation-which means the place where the cycle of experience stops? Before i faint....I guess I'd ask for.......lolll...there goes my tongue!!

Kamla:) thank you for your words of strength....Tuff times wont last...and I'm sure there's good in store for me with all your blessings:)....soon!!

Warm regards,
    Meeta

1 person likes this.
  9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

What is pleasure and what is pain?
    When I was young, I wanted to eat sweets,jam etc., but could not afford.
    Now I can afford but could not eat because of my over weight and choelestrol.

In my adolescence, I wanted to go out all the time and did not like being at home during those 3 days.
    Now I wish somebody would do the outside work and someone would take over the house work and let me rest on those 3 days.

After marriage, I desparately wanted to have a baby.
    I got after 4 years, the child was born in the 7th month itself and I had a very difficult time taking care of it.

My son weighed only 1kg and 350 gms for nearly 3 months and I ferverantly prayed to God that he gains at least 50 gms each day when he was weighed at the hospital.
    Now he is over wieght due to thyroid problem and I wish he would not put on so much weight ( he takes a balanced diet only).

The list would go on and on. I believe that even God cannot change the results of our Karma. So I would ask God to give me the strength to face whatever comes my way in this birth and finally freedom from rebirth.

10. srinivasan_vanaja

Dear Varloo,

As you are going through pains here and there, your pleasures on the way. It is a unknown fact whether God can change the karma. But He can very well reduce the intensity. Again, I say your pleasures are on the way.

regards,

Vanaja