1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Are you constipated?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by meenasankaran, Jul 9, 2010.

1. sujathaumakanth

sujathaumakanth Bronze IL'ite

Dear Meena,

I am getting hooked onto your posts here :)) English classes, my dear were you kidding when you wrote your feedback for my post :)) I luv your style packed both with humour and emotion !!!

Like Raba says, I am one of the types who can be classified as your extreme and believe me that doesn't sit well either :)) especially when you come across emotionally constipated types........lol. A few months ago, I was asked to "bugger off" though quite politely in the Queen's English by an emotionally constipated 25 yr old.....the rejection hurts, but yeah, I now classify it as her loss and not mine........duh, does it sound like "these grapes are sour" syndrome :))

Cheers
    Suja

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meena
    This is something really different it sets your mind to think, Wow what a word to give the moods of a person emotionally constipated....
    No wonder your post got nominated by our teenager Saby darling:)
    Just no words to tell how wonderful you have written this post, as your fan I just love your writings.

3. Amma15

Amma15 Gold IL'ite

Dear Meena,

That was brilliant.
    Emotional constipation! I simply love the new terminology.
    You do have a vivid imagination and write so well.

Love,
    Usha

4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meena

Why is that every time you write on an important human trait, I have something contrary to say? Just as your earnest query ‘Are you constipated?’ has probably started attracting the suffering humanity whose food intake invariably landed at ‘No exit’ alleys, my problems relate to, yes you have guessed it right, emotional diarrhoea ( US guys spell it without the ‘o’ as they feel too weak to include it when they are stricken with it!) I was reluctant to write about it as openly as you did because I could never spell the word rightly without a dictionary hanging down my neck. Constipation is much easier to deal with than diarrhoea that way!

I do not have to tell you that the entire spectrum of human ailments, both physical and emotional, falls within these two boundaries of constipation and diarrhoea in alphabetical order. The symptoms of ED are diametrically the opposite of EC. The ED patients are extremely impulsive. They cannot walk half a kilometer without kissing or hugging someone on the way. They can influence Adolf Hitler so much that he would rush to Eva Braun’s window to croon a serenade in his guttural voice! We admit not only our own errors but own up everyone else’s so that society could live in peace and harmony. We hardly yell at kids because our ear drums are not built to last the repercussion. When our spouses come home with a ‘Promoted’ tag pinned on them, we give a piece of our mind about their bosses who could not stretch the promotion to the next higher level considering all the hard work and sacrifices our spouses have endured. We keep repeating “I love you” so many times per day, they grind their teeth and mutter under their breath ‘This guy is a nutty parrot!’

Is ED as easily curable as EC? I guess not. As I have already pointed out, the sufferers are a highly impulsive lot like Galahad Threepwood whose brother Lord Emsworth suffers from EC. The latter can’t kiss anyone but his huge pig, The Empress of Blandings! Unlike the sufferers of EC, the ED guys do not do much of cold-blooded introspection. To them, everything comes in a flash. They hug and kiss first and suffer the consequences later. It is sadly not curable and I say this with authority as a man of 67!

Sri

5. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sabitha,

Thank you for your FP nomination. :)

Oh, I want you to meet a dear friend of mine, my ego. She has been reading your comments and says that she could really get used to your love and appreciation. She, apparently, seems to think that you are the best treatment for her EC (emotional constipation). :cheers

6. meenasankaran

// If I haven't told you so far, I want to tell you now that I just love your posts. They are superb, fantastic, brilliant,out of the world, breathtaking... Ooops! I think I am having emotional Diarrhea..[​IMG]//

he he he......good one Monifa. :) Thank you, my friend.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  7. meenasankaran

//Love your post.//

If that doesn't motivate me to write more, I don't know what will? :)

Thank you for your appreciation, K2S.

8. meenasankaran

Dear Mindi,

Happy to know that you enjoyed my post.

//A good one Meena and while we are at it let me tell you you are one of the very best here and I love having you here.:)//

Gosh, now you have gone and made me cry. Wanna make me jump up and shout 'I am no longer constipated'! :)

9. meenasankaran

// I may suffer from emotional diarhoae[​IMG]//

Trust me, ED beats EC any day of the week so you are on the right side of the fence.

Thank you Raba.:)

10. meenasankaran

Welcome Hamsapriya and CanWait!

You both sound like my other avatars. But don't lose heart. We can fight this illness together by taking a few baby steps in the right direction.

Get ready, here it comes. My hugs to both of you.:wink: Pass it forward and watch your EC melt away right in front of your eyes.:)