1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

are you chikkanam chinnuswamy..stingy snehamayi ..sure a prize for this contest..!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sathya, Sep 12, 2007.

1. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello

are you chickanam chinnuswamy , miserly mahadevan, stingy snehamayi or budgetting banupriya?

there are people who save a rupee walking up to the next bus stop..some save energy by silence...like people who have one word or two for reply..!then again there are some who save water and recycle it for so many things...some save power by putting off the kitchen light when dining and put off the dining light when cooking..! please do not include the chikanams you see with dress code of our dear heroines on cinema...
    simple rules...
    should be original(?) something you adopt yourself..
    and experience...!
    something you have read or heard others say...
    perhaps in this we can find answers to save water electricity money space air or whatever.. and guide the world environmentalists you know...indians are famous for it..!
    now i could have got a whole lot of readership like some one did here by saying ......
    are you chikkanam cheenya or chitra, kanjaprabu kamala or kamalji , stingy sunkan or sridhar or rationing raman (tdu)...but you see i could get a nice wordy spanking as they are too generous with their words.....!
    now for the prize....
    . .............

tiniest words of praise ....generously given from all our IL friends...!
    tricked you eh?

sathya

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Re: are you chikkanam chinnuswamy..stingy snehamayi ..sure a prize for this contest..

Hey Sathya,
    I Am Not That Bad Yaar, I Try Atleast A Line Or 4 Lines To Finish My Reply..anyway Serthuttey Ok..yaad Rakhenge Thuje Hum Yaad Rakhengey [sholay Style] Babbar Singh To Thakur Style...sunkan

hai friends i think she is telling about the feedbacks,, sunkan

Last edited: Sep 12, 2007
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: are you chikkanam chinnuswamy..stingy snehamayi ..sure a prize for this contest..

hi satya,

This used to happen everyday for 3 months....

My kids used to dislike walking as soon as we landed back from muscat...
    and i had to take them for chess and swimming classes which was 1 km...i cannot drive because of an injury..so whenever i ask the auto person..he will say minimum rs30 ....So i used take them by walk and tell look kids..you need not do warm up exercise when u reach the club..you can have your shower and just jump in...:tongue Then i return home again walk..walk back..while coming back initially used to bring them by auto..then my kids being smart..had a bargain with me...you would have spent rs.60 for both the turns..so now you get us a frooti/some biscuits for 20/30rs...and the rest should be put in our piggy bank....that way they ended up very happy with both quenching thier thirst and also thier bank balance..and i ended up with walks...and money saved....and children understanding the value of money more...

Those days when were trying to save from our meagre salary.... i used to remove a handful of rice everyday and put it in another container...that used to help me at the end of the month...two pieces of vegetables from everyday quota and have a mixed kootu at the end of the week..today i am better off than those days..but i am still like this.....

After seeing madras water condition.. i wash only when my washing machine load is full..why should i waste water....

Does this mean i am kanjam....chikkanam...:mrgreen:

4. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Hi Sathya,

I dont know what category I fall into.... I will think ten times before I purchase anything, whther I need it or not.... I will try to work out whether it can be postponed...But if I like a thing so much... then i will buy it spontaneously....

Veda

5. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

We plan we put the budget and think a lot before getting something. Infact I save some amount in a separate purse every month and when the money is a sizable amount we get something useful for the home. But when it comes to getting things for the kids that is like toffee or some toys we both tend to be deaf eared but be stubborn.

That is how daughter has learned a lot about money.

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Chikkanam and butgeting belong to one group. Both are appriciable. But stingy and miserly people will be looked down. Buying provision things in the season when they the prices are less is chikkanam. Preparing budget according to the income is a very good habit. Illavittal varavu ettana selavu paththana enru ponal kadanil muzka veNdiyathu than. Even when we go for shopping for saris, dresses etc, first we have to decide what is our budget and accordingly we have to select. Credit acrd users don't seem to bother about budget.I follow both chikkanam and budget. I always buy things after saving the money.

Pushpavalli

7. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello akka

bayama irukkathaa
    ippadiellaam bayamuruthinaa..
    nallavelay
    gabbar singh ippo illai...!

the names i have listed gets sure replies from quite a few ...so i thought ...but as i said you people are so generous with your words that i may get a wordy spanking...!

sathya

8. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello shanthi

walk when you can cycle
    cycle when you can car....!
    thats it ...!
    and kiddies sure love saving you know
    money all their own
    saved up for so long
    for being chweeeet...!
    and your other ideas too
    sure good ones
    that we all follow
    hey i wanted you to be kanjam with water money or whatever...there is a tomorrow remember...
    what i want is a real kanjam chikkanam answer...
    world is spinning or reeling with waste from all sides..can be help
    athaaaaan mattereeeee...

sathya

9. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello veda

these days with
    10,000 plus stealing the show
    it is difficult to get
    people to read
    so i thought a long name...
    but you see the window
    refused to take a long one..
    so squeezed in a
    contest and prize...

thats sure nice...... think
    ten or more times
    before you purchase things
    or postpone for a while
    (although nowadays
    now is the word
    who knows tomorrow
    you may find it costs double..!)
    thank you for not being chikkanam with words...!

sathya

10. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello rajmi

sure good
    your answer...
    getting things for the kids that is like toffee or some toys we both tend to be deaf eared but be stubborn.
    me too like like same same...!

sathya