Are working women less bored?

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by anika987, Sep 18, 2013.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Working women are more confident and happier and also less bored.
    They also have a zest for life..even the small things make them happier like going to a nice movie & having dinner outside.

I am not saying homemakers are not happy .I personally know many women who r very content and happy.

I am a homemaker with kids and loads of housework but I do not feel happy.I feel bland.does working outside give the women a mental makeover.I accept I also feel bit inferior too.I know I should not but does working outside change all that?

thanks.

2. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Aruna, I think it depends on person ,family and the circumstances.I am a home maker right now and I would say though I am happy that I am staying with my kids and taking care of kids , I feel I miss something in life.I feel I can give more to the family if I work.

But there are home makers who are perfectly happy and make use of their time in a effective way while keeping themselves updated with latest happenings around.I just envy them.

3. daffny

daffny Silver IL'ite

yes, i also feel working women's life is less bored than house wives.

4. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

I use to be SAHM and I would say I definitely have less time to be bored. Between, kids, work, cooking, grocery, cleaning there is little time to be bored.

But at the same time I was never bored when I was SAHM. I have lots of hobbies, love to cook and friends which kept me busy and entertained.

Now that I work those hobbies are on back burner and I hardly try new recipes in kitchen .

sindmani likes this.
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

a very colorful view from the other side of the grass. ask a working women, and i am sure there will be a few who would want to switch places if not for the financial constraints. I have a friend who believes that only if you work,and get a pay packet you are respected. i tell her that respect that comes for the work /pay packet is just a illusion, remember respect that you get for what you are is real.(It is tough convincing when you already have these notions strongly embeded into your system..)

In the jet setting days, they are so emotionally drained, that a dinner outside and a movie (some sleep through it..) is a escape from routine and stressbuster for some. while some do not even have the energy to step out. these small things can make life more happy even if you are a homemaker.

Happiness is a subjective concept that is dependent only on the person and not on the outside forces. a person can be happy even if the outside forces pull them down, when she values herself more than the outside forces. ultimately being happy is about you. nobody can make you happy unless you want to be.

work on your inferiority and the reason behind it. pick up a hobby, join a class, voluteer for a cause. sometimes the time management is poor and we end up feeling working the whole day/whole week/whole month without reprieve. do make a day as a kitchen holiday, spend time with family, enjoy life with kids and husband. zing is not from the working outside, the salary, the dress or the perfume ofcourse they all help in adding more fire to the zing in life, but the zing comes from your attitude towards life. look at it with cheer it smiles back at you.

cheer up, and chin up face the world as if you have can just hold those horns by your fingers:thumbsup:thumbsup

I am SAHM by choice.

2 people like this.
  6. muthuswathi

muthuswathi Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    It is true, working women's life is less bored than the full time homemaker, you cannot retain them at home for more than two holidays.
    muthuswathi

7. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Aruna
    There is a saying
    "If you cant find it here there are chance you will find it elsewhere"
    So try to find what interests you or you can develop a hobby...
    still better take tuition classes...

Am sure being at home has its charm too.

8. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Aruna, I am a working woman and I dont know what it is like being SAHM. One thing for sure though, when the kids are very young (under 3) then it gets extremely hectic managing home, cooking, cleaning, kid, full time job. I always felt I am doing 2 full time jobs...though its totally untrue.

If you ask me if I am content, then financially I am content. Yes. Emotionally? maybe. Not sure.