are we better than animals ??

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by Bhooma, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

after reading the attached text and the corresponding photos, I wonder if we really are ?? Bhooma

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009

2. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear bhooma,
    wonderful and thank you for sharing. man is a rational animal. but i feel we are worse than animals. when animals show kindness to other breed, we human beings donot consider about others.only selfishness is there.
    with love
    pad.

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Nice one Bhooma..
    I couldn't view in my comp. I am able to see pictures in one and document in one..that's why the delay..
    Nice question..why can't we learn from them atleast..

sriniketan

4. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

Hey the story is touching but you know what i couldn't view the pics so searched for the keywords in a search engine and got a few articles which say its a made story. The pics are taken way back in 2004 and that too in Sriracha tiger zoo Thialand where they have circus program too. they have tiger cubs pampered by a pig and piglets being taken care by a tigeress. She herself was brought up by a pig till 4 months of age.

5. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Bhooma ,

Immensely enjoyed the pictures and the story.

As for the final question as to why we can't get along as they do .....

I should think it is because Man is the only animal endowed with the power of reason ....unfortunately the road on which reason travels for mankind takes on crooked pathways thereby leading us to do the things we should not do !
    We inhabhit a world that has Love and Hate and Peace and Disharmony , and we end up making the wrong choices that leads to all the mayhem around us that we all experience in all aspects of our lives.
    My My 2cents