1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Are these type of blame games common?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by priyanka12345, Aug 22, 2015.

1. priyanka12345

priyanka12345 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I have one doubt. Is it common that a spouse blames another for kid getting unwell?

Like my husband has always blamed me a lot , accused me that
    1) my son got cold, fever because of me.
    2) he was in hospital when he was 2 mnths old due to diarrehea and ILs blamed my parents for that saying they gave me spicy food while i was breastfeeding.
    3) whenever me and son went to parents place for weekend and had cough/cold he used to blame me so much as i i created some sin.
    4) he keeps on normal blames like i dont give him water or force him to have some food etc
    5) today husband blamed me because son has allergy and got sprain in leg .
    From fri son has allergy and husband came late from office as well that day. he did not care to come early but i was on sick leave because of son not well. Husband kept saying sons heart beat is more might be rheumatic fever which he had as child and i was really angry on him for analyzing this. Mostly the sprain was because of trying to do Padmasan yoga which i was doing, son tried coping me .he kept blaming me that i might have tried to do my son's leg twist .Instead of taking my son to doc he was busy analyzing what might have gone wrong etc. I was pissed off and blasted him and took my son to doc.

Just am curious if these things happen in all marriages or both spouses stand together and support eachother when in such situation where son is unwell.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

No, this is not normal. Children tend to fall ill every now and then. It is ridiculous and unfair to accuse you or your parents of deliberately making your child sick.
    Some people/families have a culture of immediately blaming others when things go wrong. Is that the case in your in-law's family?

3. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Instead of blaming u why can't he take more responsibility of taking care of his son. I have seen some doing this, before u say something to him abou please take care of son etc, he blames u so that he can escape from work and he can make u feel guilty. Then U work hard more , he will find some other fault.

If he is really helping type involve him more in sons stuff like feeding, bathing..
    else ignore him and his relatives for ur peace of mind and sanity.

4. priyanka12345

the case is only with me and my family. they have grudge against us from my marriage time and hence accuse me of anything under this earth and even to my parents.

now a days its becoming difficult to handle considering all the mistakes my husband has done and am still staying with him for kid.

this thought comes to my mind anytime they accuse me falsely.I am not able to ignore these things as i believe atleast during son's illness , a spouse should stand by another one and not keep blaming.

5. priyanka12345

he will take responsibility for a day. make him bath when he has time. but later never ever talk about it. son will also later insist to have food from me, take bath from my hands.
    his constant things when he comes home is
    did you have enough water?
    did you have proper food?
    did you go to toilet ? etc etc all hinting if i have managed him properly or not.
    this hurts because i manage the entire house by myself. husband gets up gets ready and goest o office . comes late for dinner , playing for some 1 hr with son and then sleeping.
    he does not do a single task on weekday. on weekend sometimes goes to buy groceries. thats it. no cleaning house, no cooking, no helping with daily chores of son.

6. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Well then, U are taking care of everything related to home and kid.

But he wants to be a manager, wants to tell how things should be done, but he will not do it.

Next time when he asks question to ur son like had enough water etc, u tell ur H that I will take care of him, u don't worry. I will let u know if I need anything from u. Any way, u r taking responsibility, but by asking all such questions and comments , "he wants to take the credit of taking care of son".
    These people think without doing a thing, taking care of kids is easy they can do better than u. Commenting , giving directions easy , dealing with kid , making them eat, bath etc needs tons of patience,

And tell smiling to ur son we had water with ur favorite cup, had yummy yummy food and fed rabbit etc funny things , start talking with kid based on his age. It is to ignore his questions and tell that u r enjoying ur time with ur son.

do same to his relatives, if anybody asks such questions. Tell " aunty, I am the best mother, don't worry."

anyway u r doing everything,so take full credit for it. Keep telling now and then such words randomly , mommy is best, mommy played so many games with u right etc, when everybody listening.

When kid falls sick, tell that it is normal, doc said it is in the air now all virus or bacteria. Actually thats how kids get it right. Ask don't u fall sick ever? It is a way body gets strong by exposing to these colds , fever and gets resistance.

7. jmsd

jmsd Silver IL'ite

OP

Your H and ILs are on a fault finding mission .
    They are not going to stop as long as you feed their passion by reacting.
    Acknowledge it verbally.Say its OK and fine by you if it gives them the inner peace.
    Let them suit themselves.
    Carry on with your life.

8. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

It is pretty common for in laws to blame for a sneeze too but a spouse doing it is not normal .Spouse is supposed to support you ,not hold you on trail for every little issue.

Next time ask his mother if her children never had colds,coughs and fevers.

9. priyanka12345

yeah .. have asked husband but he has no response on that. i feel very irriated with his blame games but now i am giving him back.
    on monday he was with my son working from home. when i went home after office i started inquiring.. did you have water? what you had for lunch? did you have fruit? did you go to toilet?

then later in evening husband commented something to son to drink water as bottle is not empty from morning. i again quickly asked son.. why you do not have water? why only little? didnt dad push you to have water ?

I think husband got the point. I have decided to give it back to him then and there.

1 person likes this.
  10. deeprapriya

deeprapriya Gold IL'ite

Yes... You are right!!!!.... Give it back..... Then he will realize....