1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Are Summer camps really useful for kids ?

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by anugummaraju, Apr 16, 2009.

1. anugummaraju

anugummaraju New IL'ite

In my view kids should spend much time with Grand parents during summer holidays and they should have more memories with them .

2. raagini

raagini Silver IL'ite

Hi Anu , it is difficult to say whether the summer camps are good or bad . of course , kids
    should spend their time with Grand Parents . if kids are interested in learning some extra
    curriculum activities then they need relevant coaching at home or at the summer camps !

if kids are interested in spending time with Grand Parents then we should arrange for it .

3. kavyster

kavyster New IL'ite

YEs summer camps are helpful in my view. AS i have spent time in sumer camps wtih the grand parents , it use to be really great those days.

thanks,
    kavya

4. aparajithaa

aparajithaa Bronze IL'ite

we sholud allow them for such camps
    especially if we are in india
    when the kids comes to higher secondary they hardly get time to learn and enjoy anything else apart from their studies
    camps ki pampinchandi
    kani btw u didnt mention what sort of camps anedhi
    dhanni batti suggestion can be little more clear....

cheers :cheers

5. veenakris

veenakris New IL'ite

it cant be said good r bad. but wht i think is if kids spend their time with granys r other cousins. they will come to know the power of relations as now a days they r dissappearing. and we have only summer to meet all ur family at one place and have get together.as all will be busy with their works in rest of days. so wht i feel is go wild , adveterous have time with family.teach ur kids abt relations. spend time with old people. so this is wht i feel.

veena

6. hemchi

hemchi Silver IL'ite

Hi there,

We stay with my inlaws and my parents are also in the same city whom we visit in the weekend. My opinion in such a situation is that there should be a mix. I do allow my daughter to spend time with grandparents and also in a summer camp. Ultimately whether summer camps are useful or not, depends on the child's necessity and the personality.
    In my kid's case, my kid does get the affection of grandparents on a daily and weekly basis. I feel she should get an exposure of mingling with the outside world (people out of her comfort zone) and also learn something different if she really enjoys it.
    When I was a kid, we used to spend time at granny's...but now that I've grown up I feel how much of a load it used to be for my aunts and uncles because of our stays in their places. Handling kids is not easy and grandparents tend to indulge and pamper which has its own pros and cons!

Regards,
    Hema

7. latasiv

latasiv New IL'ite

as far as the kids enjoy going it's fine.we should not force them to get to any camp for our convineince.

8. sailajaangara

sailajaangara New IL'ite

hmmmm......... summer camps.... I really don't understand whether they are good or bad but my opinion is kids should be engaged even during summer holidays. Spending with grandparents and cousins is also important, but how much time they will spend with them is also another question. So they should have summer camps at their grandparent's or cousins's place then they will enjoy both.
    In my view summer camps are very important for kids b'coz they get time to learn new activities only during summer and also as one of our IL said they will get the chance to mingle with other kids only in such kind of activity.

9. bkrishnan

bkrishnan New IL'ite

Yes, they are good because it keeps the children busy atleast for a little while, instead of the whole time wasting their time. Also, playing in the hot sun outside could lead to diseases.

Since both of us are working, we have decided to take the kids out for a holiday, and will be going on a holiday for about 4 days shortly.

10. manchitra

manchitra Senior IL'ite

I feel summer camps are good for kids as I have conducted a few in schools during the vacation . No students were forced into this and it was purely their choice. It was also conducted just a few days before the school reopening.The kids got ample time to visit their relatives and the camp refreshed them just before the school started. It also helped them to focus on the year ahead.The response was always tremendous and they learned to mingle well. By the way I am a soft skill trainer. :thumbsup

1 person likes this.