1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Are people with fair skin treated better generally ???

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by anika987, Mar 8, 2015.

1. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

@shanvy,
    It is sad your son was treated differently by his grandma just due to color. It seems typical of the older ladies of that generation. Thankfully my aunts and parents always came to the rescue.

2. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Ladies,

Don't make me J about your long straight natural hair... My one will look frizzy if I don't visit for a hair spa as per the time table. How to make it shining and beautiful naturally?

PS: I have damaged it by recurrent rebonding, blow dry, color and what not... But, now I want something natural... Perhaps, I am becoming old..

3. sheztheone

sheztheone Platinum IL'ite

SGBV, have you tried coconut oil over the night?

4. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

When there is a thread where I can boast about, neither I see it, nor will any one tag me.notdonesmiley I'm 5' 7 :D:D... of course which was a curse till I was married. All my mom could hear was, where she is going to find a groom for me. Most of the boys I knew were shorter than me hence I could not have a BF either :(:( . Since I could under " fair" for a mallu, my skin tone never bothered me. And being raised in kerala gave me a decent wavy hair which I hated then, but a life saver now as I'm loosing too much hair now.

3 people like this.
  5. JustAnotherMom

Warm up the coconut oil, apply on hair and face ( if you don't have oily skin) generously on the weekends. I leave it atleast few hours. I don't sleep with oil on my hair as I get head ache.

When ever I decides to shampoo wash my hair, even if i don't have time to keep it for long, I apply generously on my scalp and hair. I have some in bathroom, and some in kitchen.

I apply coconut oil on my face on daily just before I go to take shower.

1 person likes this.
  6. JustAnotherMom

Answer to the OP, I feel its true that fair people are treated better.

I'm on the fair side and did not have much discussion about my skin color while growing up . My DH is very dark. When we had our daughter, no one asked me if the baby is a boy or a girl, but they asked if the baby look like me or DH. She took the skin tone of my DH and in one conversation my MIL even mentioned they selected me because they wanted a fair child. Dad is their son and they are the grandparents . I think there weren't much I could do there:confused2:. I think their domination played well here as well.:roll:

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@SGBV i don't dye or use any color. due to added stress, i have started having more greys at a alarming speed. when you color, when you go for bonding do a lot of research and not all costly, or branded salons mean healthy, and chemical free. o% chemical means that there is chemical but the percentage being negligent passes through the loophole of not necessary to mention.

Recently i was going through the whole racks of oil, and most of them were having a major presence of mineral some had upto 80%. though mineral oil makes hair manageable does a lot of harm in the long run.

i make my own herbal hair oil for weekend and on regular days it is just coconut oil.

hair wash is from natural products. it is almost a year since we weaned off the shampoo off the rack. my daughter is not so happy about it, but her worry over losing hair has changed her view.

1 person likes this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@JAmmy you too..

and the side being dominant..lol.. i am happy that it was his side dominant when it comes to height and not mine..

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@guesshoo and @Swethasri that inner voice was teasing my brain for a long time. have read about it in some article..and here i go.. it was a quote that i read sometime back on pinterest..

. download (3).jpg efac9fc7a9faaad73f75925eb535c7cf.jpg

3 people like this.
  10. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

My daughter has very long hair with more density. for the past two years we could not control the hair loss we tried lot of chemical and various oil with no positive improvement. recently i read in the net and for the past two weeks she is using the Aloe Vera. Pl. read the below link this will be highly helpful those who are suffering with hair loss.
    How To Use Aloe Vera For Hair?

1 person likes this.