1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Are men scared of smarter women??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Dinny, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubai

bubai Gold IL'ite

There are all sorts of people, that's why it is very important to marry the right person and not rush into marriage because of parental pressure/society/age etc. When you marry the right person after knowing him long that the wavelengths match, chances are good that the basic nature will remain the same and it will be a good marriage.The bottomline is that husband and wife need to think that they are in the same team and not opponents. Someone wrote here that circumstances can shake one's confidence in marriage, true, but it will be temporary. Been there and seen it....People who are confident in their own skin are not scared and threatened by others. Men are thought to bethe primary bread earners and women are considered to be the epitome of beauty (not so in the western society, but certainly still in India). I have seen not so beautiful women, who don't have great degrees, stay at home with kids and still very very confident about themselves. It is something everyone should strive for.

Best,
    --Bubai

1 person likes this.
  2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

IG, you often quote statistics that go something like "9 out of ten married men....", you are hereby declared to be in the "1 out of 1000 married men" category. :) Felt very nice to read.

Please to write a snippet one day about finishing the whole day's cooking in 1.5 hrs.

4 people like this.
  3. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Yes Rihana. Sure. I will give the threadbare details of how I manage our store room and kitchen. (but, not here)

1 in 1000? ! May not be so. Because a husband sharing the household chores....and appreciating the working wife's valuable contributions.....is no more a rarity. Lot many male colleagues and male friends are doing it whole heartedly. The fear of yesteryears that they will be named "joru kaa gulam"or"pendaati thaasan" has gone away.

I call these husbands smart husbands.....because these hubbies now know.....that a small effort in sharing household works and a little verbal appreciation of the wife's contribution turns on the wives......amazingly. These hubbies now know. ...candle light dinners and exotic flower bouqets are not needed to make their wives turned on. All required for 'turning on' :)wink:)the wife is......sharing household works....and an occasional sincere verbal appreciation....!

A small investment pays huge dividend in the form of a satisfied wife.....who does not nag and gets 'turned on' more frequently than a disgruntled wife.

After all a disgruntled wife is a wife "turned off" always...!

The fact of the day is, many many husbands have understood this simple, but, great mechanism behind a woman's emotional fulfillment...!!

10 people like this.
  4. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Arre waah!! Men have cracked it finally :)

1 person likes this.
  5. vidhya3b

vidhya3b IL Hall of Fame

Few men might be scared of smarter women. I think they feel "smarter women can be dominating". She will be more independent. They want to control their wfe's life as well. I have even seen such men. Heard many comments on that from my collegues.

But the percentage of that category men has been reduced considerably now. Most of the men treat their wife equally. There are even proud about their wife as well.

1 person likes this.
  6. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

I think I agree that men are not that interested in pursuing smarter women while dating. It's seen less feminine. But then the truly smart women make him never peg her true smarts.

After (arranged) marriages if men find their women to be smart(er) and if they themselves are not insecure about themselves, I think they cherish their wife.

2 people like this.
  7. seethavarma

seethavarma Gold IL'ite

Men are afraid of Dumb women also-
    Example: neighbour uncle ,Engineer fell for Dumb beauty- education-10th grade ,he is afraid of her coz if she opens the mouth infront of guests ,its Himalayan blunders!

2 people like this.
  8. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

Totally agree..... because smart man's column doesn't have "marriage". Always suspected that it's a women's invention! :)

2 people like this.
  9. swt.charu

swt.charu Platinum IL'ite

Rihana... I really love the way you put it !!!

To take this one step further... because men feel the "need" to be known as the smarter one's, they strongly believe no species on earth is smarter than them (this includes their women folk)... and from time immemorial.. have been rewarding the women who consider themselves weaker than men and condemning women who deny the "fact" (fact as per men) ...

Is our MILs soooo dumb to go on praising her son endlessly even though its a no brainer to see how her own DIL is exceeding in all the parameters set by her to benchmark smartness... no they are'nt dumb... they are just tuned that way for generations !!!

1 person likes this.
  10. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl too good seetha varma!!!

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.