1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Are men scared of smarter women??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Dinny, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

dinny, you needed answer and two married men have expressed their views.why are you trying hard to thrust your belief down others throat? here fact is subjective. smart people irrespective of gender intimidate others. how it works exclusively in married people life? guess next year i may answer! ya my ex girlfriends were way smarter than me, academically! and one has to be schizophrenic or stitha prajna to not to have emotional dependency.

1 person likes this.
  2. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Why do u need a thread ?...U should just make the statement "Men are scared of smarter women" (All Upper case ...Bold font would help) and put it in ur signature :)

4 people like this.
  3. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Same was the case in dinny's "Black or white" thread she started.
    She starts a thread - with already a conclusion which she strongly believes - and no matter the posts in the thread, she agrees with posts which have the same conclusion as her, and just pushes away the other posts by vehemently disagreeing.

Why create a thread at all? Just state the conclusion and close the thread.

On topic - no it is not necessary that smart or smarter has anything to do with threatened/threatening ...

4. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Fencesitter
    i am sorry i didnt knw Sreesri was a male...its only after you mentioned it that i checked his profile :)
    Now you have almost agreed to my point but like i said "Male ego"didnot let you accept it completely. so you have put it this way "Smart people irrespective if gender intimidate others"
    And the fact that your smart girlfriend is your EX now proves my point.sorry EXes
    BTW have you heard of DPD...dependent personality disorder

1 person likes this.
  5. niti123

niti123 Silver IL'ite

Going by Dinny's explanation about smart woman able to avoid ego clashes and maintain good relations, by the virtue of being smarter, the much inferior men who live/work with her will never be scared, for they will find it most comfortable to be with her because of her smart (manipulative and necessarily not) skills. However this is not the case when men and women living together are reasonably smart. This can either lead to harmony or to big ego clashes.

On a general perspective - I know two men who think men are superior to women. One being my father, who isnt so highly educated and married a educated woman (my mother). My mother despite her better credentials was a submissive wife and my father never respected her for her smartness (he did love her a lot).

History repeats itself -but tis time with a small change. In my case, my DH is very highly educated (from so called institutions which are presently an Indian obsession) and I am reasonably well educated (with a Masters). I know my DH too well. He doesnt respect women and considers them as inferior. He thinks men are more logical and better at work. He looks down upon his female subordinates. And he is so smart that nobody knows his mind and they all think he is a very fine person. Of course, on a personal front, whether he respects me for being smart or not is something beyond my knowledge. All I know is that he loves me and probably does not want to hurt me by telling things which hurts my ego (just shows how smart he really is).

I think the smarter ones have the upper hand, whether it be men or women.

Regards
    niti

3 people like this.
  6. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Dinny not cool...No personal attacks.

7. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

FS, piqued my curiosity...getting married soon?

3 people like this.
  8. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Wow!! Ragini...some good home work there...i should have liked your post but i didnt like the other part of your post which said i start a thread after making conclusions.And what about your thread babes??? And BTW you have also liked only those posts in my thread which come close to your views
    BTW i do like posts which can prove me wrong...
    Here all you are trying to do is to divert this thread to a new discussion....hahaha

1 person likes this.
  9. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Dont loose your cool....i just meant may be the girlfriend's smartness could have been a reason for their breakoff...and then i realised he said "Girlfriends"...hmmm so that got me thinking...may be he just proved my point.

1 person likes this.
  10. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

You dont like my signature???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.