Are Bollywood Awards fair?

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by meghasharma84, Jan 16, 2011.

Are Bollywood awards fair?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    77.8%
  3. Can't Say

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. meghasharma84

meghasharma84 Senior IL'ite

Its that time of year again when you will see a new Awards Function on TV every week. But do you believe that our film awards are fair? Or do you think they are bought or fixed? Do you agree with the winners of such awards every year?

2. LeanneP

LeanneP New IL'ite

Hello :)

Well over the years, I feel that the standard of award ceremonies are just deteriorating and it seems most (if not all) of them have been fixed (having said that i would love to be proved wrong in this case..since then we'd know that they are actually awarding the deserving candidate).

For example, if a particular star has won the Best Actress award for one of the award functions, then in another award function, the other nominee wins and in the third award function; yet another nominee wins. So there is no uniformity in the the winners selected. So its like if an actress has not won the award in this award function, she will surely win it in the same category for another award function.

In conclusion, I feel that all the award functions are just trying to out-compete each other and prove that they are more entertaining and superior than the other (in terms of the hosts, performances,etc) and it's sad to see that deserving talent/work is given a backseat in this award ceremony rat-race.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011