1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Are Beautiful Ladies More Successful?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Needtobestrong, Nov 21, 2021.

1. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

I have no intention of undermining the importance of hard work, education or capability of women in general, just a thought.
    Are ladies who are physically very attractive at an advantage compared to their counterparts who are not as good looking?
    I have seen quite a few examples of classmates, friends, Co workers, etc having a slight advantage over others in the kind of opportunities they got , and lot of attention and help from male classmates and co workers just because they were very pretty.
    I remember being ignored and passed over for many opportunities during school days as I was Slightly on heavier side and noticed that slimmer and glamourous girls got all the attention and opportunities for school events. That definitely affected my self esteem .
    Just wondering if good looks are part of the package or hard work and intelligence and smartness alone are needed to succeed in life?
    It’s not sour grapes, just a thought.
    There was some discussion some days back in my family about important of self grooming etc. so was wondering if beautiful and glamorous looking ladies , if also intelligent have an advantage over their average looking counterparts?
    Is beauty so important?
    I request ILites to not to misunderstand my post and answer objectively.
    If I’ve asked something wrong please excuse me.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Yes. It is well known that all things being equal the more attractive person has the edge.

3. NOW

NOW Gold IL'ite

There will be a slight edge initially but confident and self aware women are the ones that end up successful in the long run.

4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It’s not just the ladies I feel. I think everyone needs to dress the part. I think being well groomed and putting in effort to look well put together is also a part of the job. Even if it is for coffee with a friend, if I take a few minutes on my appearance, it helps me feel good and gives my self confidence a boost. That probably is the reason, I feel the way I do. It doesn’t necessarily mean everyone needs to be beautiful/handsome in the traditional sense. If one wore clothes that are well suited, accessorized right and did some basic grooming/hair/makeup then it makes a difference.

5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Honestly..it is more about “How one carries themself”..

Confident people can get things done coz they believe in themselves.It will reflect in their personality.

Also.. beauty is more about how one dresses and feel about themselves.The conventional
    Beautiful which everyone falls for is just a myth.

Everyone can look pretty one day and average the other day.Beauty is all subjective and perception.

How we see ourself and project ourself is what the world will be made to see.

Anyone can get things done with the right attitude and approach.

6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Also.. I understand during teens or even in twenties..people preferring attractive people to simple ones is normal.

After a certain age..if people still do that..it reflects their immaturity and some cases even sleazy.That is not even our problem.

Needtobestrong likes this.
  7. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

Attractive people do have an advantage over others, one reason is the confidence that they gain from that and the other is that people tend to overlook their mistakes/go out of the way to help them.

I have grown to accept that ordinary folks have to work just a bit harder and be a little nicer to others to achieve the same.

Needtobestrong and stayblessed like this.
  8. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

I wouldnt call its as beautiful people. People who try to carry themselves and project a better version of themselves Physically get due advantage .
    Honestly I am attracted to such people. People who can put efforts to make sure they look groomed, fit and clean(No, I dint mean people who wear branded wear, cosmetics etc)

9. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for your inputs, friends. I agree confidence & self grooming too play a role.

10. Desiindian

Desiindian Gold IL'ite

OP, I don't want to go to bed without replying to this thread. The answer to your question is Nooooooooo.
    Only in some industries and fields, appearance would play an important part ex. Modelling, customer service -face to face, entertainment. In all other fields technical knowledge will be the only thing that would make one successful.
    What you observed in your classmate are getting attention. Opposite gender are attractive to beauty. That doesnt help success. In some cases, good appearance would help you to get an entry, but becoming successful and sustaining in that field will be on purely intelligence,hardwork and dedication.
    If you happen to see a beautiful women also successful, try to observe skills she had put in that job to reach that level. Even in cinema industry, beautiful women without acting skill cannot become succesfull.