APRIL 2014 - MOM's TO-BE :)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by AnithaPartha, Aug 14, 2013.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hi ladies,

last night I experienced severe discomfort and everything seemed to be settled this morning .. Strange ! Poor DH.. Got so scared ..

I had had cramps twice last night but mild. And tummy tightened towards the right side and I was able to feel my LOs head .. That area was hard and heavy and head was moving and tummy got tightened.. No discharge or anything . .

kicks are getting stronger day by day and feel like as if my LO is jumping upside down :) as long as he is active am happy .. I can bear those .. Only when head moves am having severe tummy tightening and discomfort .. Am wondering how naughty this boy is going to be !

morning all back to normal .. But having shortness of breathe every day for few hours ..

Anyone experienced ?

2. Divyavignesh

Divyavignesh Gold IL'ite

Anitha same here,
    I am having shortness of breathe and i am not able to sleep at all, i keep looking at the clock till 1 or 2 then i panic because i have to wake up by 6 or 6:15. Last time when i met my doc i told him about my sleep issues and he suggested me to have niquil mild dose . yes the kicks are getting stronger and stronger, hope everything goes fine.

Daily morning i have bleeding nose as well so we bought a humidifier also , i know all this is because of bad weather. we maintain 65 F at home.

Btw have u watched "the midwives", "one born every minute " "bringing up baby" in you tube. Do watch good timepass, its all about birth. i watch daily one episode at night :)

3. aartiangels

aartiangels Silver IL'ite

I wonder how all you ladies are managing going to work .. Hats off

I am on bed rest and still get exhausted at the end of the day.. Lol

Hi chinnap, good to know that you are feeling fine :) I have my GTT scheduled on 7th feb.

Btw, are there any specific number of movements which we should feel in a day at this point ? I mostly feel my baby early mornings or mostly in the night.

4. AnithaPartha

Oh good to know that I have a company now Divya.

Aarti,
    Babies are more active between 24-28w. Babies do have sleeping patterns. You can easily know when they are active and when they're not! My son is more active late night, working hours. I feel head movement heavily in the night time .

Ladies,
    am going to try fish for first time., please let me know which ones are good during pregnancy .. I think we need to be cautious about mercury levels of fish .. Pls let me know

5. aartiangels

aartiangels Silver IL'ite

Hi all, Few days ago I was experiencing vaginal discharge , Mine increased so I questioned my mid wife as I worried if it was normal or amniotic fluid. She asked if it smelled or itched; I had neither symptom. She did an examination and said it was milky and could possibly be a bacterial vaginosis (BV). She took a culture and 3 days later I got a call saying it was BV and needed to be treated with antibiotic tablets. If untreated, bacterial infections down there can cause preterm labor. Oh God !! I am so scared !!

6. AnithaPartha

Aarti,
    Yup! So true. Last time my preterm could be due to UTI or some infections I guess.. I was all fine working till my 33w. So, this time am more cautious ...

7. AnithaPartha

Hi Ladies,

How are you all?
    Tomorrow, i have U/S appointment (includes bio-physical 3rd trimester U/S)... I hope everything goes fine. I will update.

Since, most of the times balcony is kept closed... i started having shortness of breathe... not getting fresh air... Horrible weather continuing.. luckily sat weather was good in 61F but rains spoiled that as well :(

But, i tried to walk inside mall for more than 2hrs and finally I was tired... I purchased 3months clothes in macys... cute little shorts has a crab on it... and 2 small tops... my DS liked it a lot.. and we asked him to choose between 2 ... :) finally, i started shopping for my LO...

shoes, socks and other items will buy only in feb or march time... DH planning to ask his mom to bring NB, 3months clothes from India... But, the dress which i bought yesterday will be the 1st dress for my LO :)

ladies, when are you planning to buy all the items like napkins/pads, panties and other items? March is best time I think but I dont know if our body will co-operate at that time.. am also planning to buy lanolin nipple cream... anyone using it? as of now am using cocoa butter for bust, tummy....

These days am getting leg cramps late nights / morning times.. Heart burns reduced by itself..

8. crazymom

crazymom Gold IL'ite

Anitha, you are experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions, they are very normal and should go away by drinking water, emptying bladder or changing position. If they occur more frequently and do not go away easily then you should talk to your OB about it.

9. Divyavignesh

Divyavignesh Gold IL'ite

Hi Anitha, saturday even here it was good 35 Deg F , i felt great and went out and sunday too. I am having trouble sleeping at night and waking up in the morning is becoming a big battle.
    I have my GTT test on jan 30th.
    Anitha all the best for ur U/S .
    Yeah i already bought some 5 to 6 set of clothes. We are planning to book tickets for my parents by april 1 st week.Waiting for that.

10. AnithaPartha

Thanks Crazymom.

DV & All other friends,
    Today, my U/S appointment went very well. My baby is weighing 2lbs 5oz. CL, amniotic fluid, fetal anatomy, growth all are fine. I felt so relaxed. My LO is kicking a lot these days. I read somewhere that 24-28 weeks is the peak period to feel stronger kicks and after that baby grows and will have less space to move around and hence movements reduce a bit. Sometimes, i can feel LO's head moving, jumping and baby is doing a lot of activities I guess.. My DH is saying, he is like me again.. daddy doing gym outside, baby doing gymnastics inside :) Am sure am going to get a very very naughty kid.... just imaging how it is going to be with 3 boys (includes DH) around me :)

Am soon going to start baby name hunting.. My project ended and am relaxing :)

Happy Pongal to all..

DV,
    Don't miss to watch nice movies in sun tv & vijay tv tomorrow... I will definitely watch thalaiva tomorrow :)

1 person likes this.