APRIL 2014 - MOM's TO-BE :)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by AnithaPartha, Aug 14, 2013.

1. aartiangels

aartiangels Silver IL'ite

Good to know hairinideep your scan went well :) it's such a relief. I am next in 2 days!! I am soo excited and sooo nervous. I don't know which feeling is major ;)
    why don't you try online shops for maternity clothes? firstcry.com , babyoye.com or momandme ?

2. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

Hi
    for all moms in india,
    for all those thinking to buy maternity clothes in india from momandme and bigger shops.

My personal opinion is not to buy too many costly clothes from shops..legging and tunic/kurta or loose salwar should be fine...

cos i really wonder what if u get back to pre- pregnancy size sooner then this would go waste thinkingsmiley.

again its your call....

1 person likes this.
  3. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hello Ladies,

How are you all?
    I guess, Today is not my day .. I started around 7.30am from my home in rain showers and reached office around 10am (shuttle+2 trains+ taxi ride). Due to rains, trains were not running on schedule and in between due to engine problem, I had to change trains as well. Today my day1 at client office, so I didn't feel like asking for an excuse so I ended up going. I don't know why I got suffocated inside train with too many layers of warm clothing and even after removing those I still felt sick/ dizzy and I was wondering if I will call for an emergency but by GOD's grace I reached office safely.. I think it is because of heater system and no air and on top of it my clothes.

2-3pm I experienced strong kicks from my LO.

Tomorrow due to snow showers am planning to stay home and I don't want to take another adventurous ride.

As as soon as I came home my DS came running to kiss my tummy and he helped me to unzip my leather boots as I was struggling.. So sweet of him! By seeing him, I forgot all the things which happened this morning

Just tired and unable to type much here.. Take care, catch you all tomorrow.

2 people like this.
  4. AnithaPartha

Yes right.. With 1 st pregnancy I did this mistake and corrected myself this time. Bought 2 leggings can be easily used post delivery.. Plus 2 tops I bought are M sized and fit very well post as well. Did did very limited clothes shopping this time :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  5. AnithaPartha

Hi ladies,

due to wt gain and all that stuff, am getting back ache mainly below shoulders and above hip area.. Also, feeling uncomfortable to change sides :( plus 2-3 trips to bathroom.. Feel like am sleeping less than 8hrs .. :(

1 person likes this.
  6. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

Hi ladies,

All fine.

Anitha,

Thanks for the wishes. Sarkarai pongal and pal payasam came out too good for ausha homam of DD and all went well.

Ohh you had a strenuous day yesterday. Take care and do no strain too much. Seeing our kids, we forget everything, so true.

I am also having terrible back aches, above abdomen, below bra button..

Shruthi,

I used it. Like I said, it may or may not prevent stretch marks. Like in my case it didn't, but it really helps with no itchiness and keeping belly moisturized. i would recommend it.
    As far as my stretch marks, they are light, but they wont disappear, they will become light in few years. Like I always say, its my badge of honor for becoming a mother :)

Aarti,

Welcome back. Hope all is good.

Harini,

So happy that all went well with scan. Iron counts reducing is very normal in 5th month.Ask your doctor to recommend iron tablets, as blood flow increases a lot for growing baby.

My diet is not so healthy. I cook whenever possible, otherwise eat out at work. No option.

I didn't buy too many maternity clothes during my first pregnancy also, got soem handed down from sis.
    This time re-using those.
    I also have a bella band from target to wear on existing pants and clothes. You can google it online.

Divya, how are you?

Chinnap, how about you?

1 person likes this.
  7. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

same here anitha, sometimes i cant sit for too long. my hip pains while sittig so either i have to stand or sleep.. again while sleeping it isnt easy switching sides.... bathroom visits i can never forget....

8. Natcdm

Natcdm New IL'ite

Hi Ladies

Myself Vidhya based out of CT , USA. Am new to this club. I work full time and right now doing WFH as I had to travel an hour. That's a short intro about me:)
    This is my first baby and I had lot of questions and this really helpmed me out in lot of info.

I have a question with Pregnancy pillow. Do you guys recommend a brand that I can go for? Recently I started getting one side pain and thinking I should may be get one? Please advice.

9. harinideep

harinideep Gold IL'ite

Hi gals ,
    Anitha - take care of ur health ... such a long journey u had
    SC - Yes I am taking iron tablets .. but i forgot sometimes to take it ..ll take regularly hereafter
    Natcdm - I use full body pillow.. It does not support my back ache .. But supports my tummy as I tend to sleep over my tummy in deep sleep... U shaped pillow is better than full body pillow i think as it supports back too.. I dont remember brand and i got mine in india

10. Divyavignesh

Divyavignesh Gold IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

How are u all doing? I was busy with work for the past few days and cudnt login here.
    Weather is getting bad . Its 0 F here , i fully pack myself with thermals and ski mask .

SM,
    Good that ur temple visit went well. Do u have a week of christmas holidays? i have only one day :(. Btw do u still use ur pre preg topd and t shirts? because i still use them and easily fit into it. one wa i am happy but i am concerned too .
    i ordered greco travel system during black friday sale.

Anitha, Yeah travel in this wind and snow is just unbelievable. Good that u have wfh option too . How are ur parents coping up with the cold?They are used to it now?

Harini, The weather in bangalore shd be great rite? enjoy. Christmas time would be best to shop there , u can get many things on sale. Good to know that ur scan went well. Yes if it is a gal u can dress her well and get cute clothes.

Natcdm, welcome to the club.

Chinnap and T2bmom, hope u are doing great :)