APRIL 2014 - MOM's TO-BE :)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by AnithaPartha, Aug 14, 2013.

1. chinnap

chinnap Bronze IL'ite

Hi All, how are you and all the little ones are doing ? I joined back to work last week, got only 5 weeks leave :-( . its really getting tough with a toddler, new born and work(have to mention husband travelling) . how all of you are managing ? hope it gets easier soon.

My Daughter is congested and its like that from 5 days, I called the doctor they said just to use saline drops and clear it out they don't give any medicine now. I am really worried for her, she is so small and trying hard to breathe. She got it from her brother who is sick for the last week . Any suggestions ?

2. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Good to read updates Divya and Chinnap.

My updates:
    My baby boy is doing great. Wow, he is almost 2 months old. He had his vaccinations.
    Right now he is having lot of heat rashes (so we're trying to keep AC on all the time) and also got some allergy below his mouth so dr prescribed hydrocortisone 1% for him.

Other than that baby had gained wt and everything fine.

I rejoined work but yet to get into project so getting time to relax with kids. I also started exercising and finding very difficult to manage all the tasks. The real challenge comes when both of my kids needs my attention. When I breast feed my LO, my elder says hug me mommy :)

i enjoyed Mother's Day and looking forward to celebrate my birthday with my boys..

Keep updating ladies..

2 people like this.
  3. janbornchild

janbornchild Silver IL'ite

Hi Anitha,

I am from the july club and have been following April Mommies for some time.

Reading your posts, I noticed that you are breastfeeding as well as bottle feeding your lo from early. How are you managing this?

I have purchased medela bp but everyone tells me I should not introduce bottle as babies get nipple confusion and don't breastfeed properly.
    Plz share how u got him used to breast as well as bottle.

Thanks in advance & all the best to all april mommies!!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. chinnap

chinnap Bronze IL'ite

Hi Anitha, nice to see your update. How did the vaccines go ? My Daughter also have hers next week, I am not at all looking forward to them. Good You started exercising. I am also planning to but don't know how to fit in my schedule. Rashes are very common in new borns, my daughter also have some kind of rash on all over her face, chest and back. I started applying Aveeno eczema cream, its a bit better now. But the doctor told, nothing to worry once they cross 3 month mark they will be fine.

Hi Janbornchild, regarding bottle what I followed this time is, I not given bottle till 3 weeks, after 3rd week I started with bottle two days once night feeding, at first she don't want to take it and keep on crying, but eventually she started drinking but need to burp a lot. This is the suggestion I got from Lactation consultant, she told me to introduce bottle around 3 weeks 2 to 3 times a week, so she wont have any confusion going back and forth between bottle and breast and will be easier that I return to work in 5th week.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
    3 people like this.
  5. Divyavignesh

Divyavignesh Gold IL'ite

Chinnap,

Nice to see ur updates, what did u name your baby?

6. AnithaPartha

Hi ladies,

how are you all? How is your milk supply ?

Im busy these days in wt loss threads ..

Anyone taking birth control pills ?

7. Divyavignesh

Divyavignesh Gold IL'ite

Anitha, good you joined the wt loss thread. and others than us no one is active in this thread.
    Harini, Ramya, chinnap wats up ladies?

8. harinideep

harinideep Gold IL'ite

Hi gals nice 2 see ur update. My baby s 82 days old now. I did not give breast milk as i did not get milk flow due to lots of tensions which were created at home. Baby s drinking nan . 2 vaccinations are over. She keeps smiling whenever she s awake. Since 2 weeks she s properly sleeping at night
    Brfore tat she used 2 n awake whole night. She s chubby as she drinks bottlr milk.i m feeling badas i m not able 2 give b milk.
    Divya , anita , others plz update abt ur babies... i named her shan****ha

9. harinideep

harinideep Gold IL'ite

10. AnithaPartha

Nice name and good to read your updates.. So she is close to 3 months completion right .. How much she weighs?