APRIL 2014 - MOM's TO-BE :)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by AnithaPartha, Aug 14, 2013.

1. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hey chinnap,

Don't do this. It sounds riskier.. Put your baby down on the cot or even on the floor in a mattress near you. You may sleep in a rocking chair for naps.. But you may get drowsy and drop your baby. Don't take the risk.. Take care.. YOu will get used to the sleeping pattern soon

2. preethiitech

Congrats divyavignesh and harini for your little bundles of joy:2thumbsup:

Harini, Don't stress out, PPD is very common. Please talk to your ob/gyn about this.. You deserve to be happy at this point of time.. Talk to your mom/Dh/friend or someone with whom you feel comfortable. Hugs to you..

Divya, That's a nice experience to read about your delivery.. Working till the day before and shopping:hatsoff Wow..

Anitha, Regarding engorgement and over supply, as far as I have read from your posts, your over-pumping to store milk has lead to this oversupply. BM is a demand and supply process.. So, now your body thinks that you require much and produces that much.. Its good in a way since you need to store BM. But if you want to reduce the supply little bit, pump for shorter durations of time.. Good luck.:thumbsup

3. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Preethii,
    Unfortunately, pumping for shorter duration and skipping pumping sessions caused plugged milk ducts problem for me. I pump every 3-4 hours as per the standard pumping recommendations and the only time I don't pump is between 3 am and 10 am (which is 7 hours gap which is causing this problem). During daytime, I pump every 4 hours once and night I don't which is causing this issue. The only option i have right now is pump every 4 hours even during sleeping hours :(

Since my b's are producing more milk now than baby actually needs, I have to breast feed then pump to drain breasts which complicates the scenario so I just pump and feed the required amount and store the rest.

let's see how it goes.

4. preethiitech

Anitha, that's where the problem lies.. When you start pumping first, you pump regularly say every 4 hours once.. Even in between sleep.. But gradually reduce the time you pump until you get the required supply only.

More pumping - more milk

So if you keep on pumping more than your baby needs, then you keep producing more..
    Of course this may be useful since you need to store BM. Also take note that the BM consistency and nutrition will change as the baby grows. ie) a 1 year old baby's BM is different from BM of 1-2 month old baby. The nutrition differs.

Also, it is suggested in babycenter that if you want to exactly match demand and supply of BM, try to use only one B until that is emptied , say for 1-2 feeds, and then move on to the other. But this will bring down the supply faster, if that's what you want.

5. AnithaPartha

Okay so this is the cyclic reaction happening in my case:

Daytime(Pump every 4 hrs once) + night time (skipping 1 cycle) = plugged ducts after 3-4 days then I increase pumping sessions to get rid of ducts = making more milk (already filled around 100 milk bags and lying in my freezer)..

Skipping + pumping less = milk ducts

someone please guide me how to reduce supply for time being ?

I started walking on treadmill recently as I Heard exercises reduces supply.. Is it true?

6. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HI Divya,
    Its good to hear your baby's birth story! :)
    Take care of yourself & your LO!
    Enjoy motherhood!

7. AnithaPartha

Hello ladies,

After trying out couple of methods I somehow got rid of plugged ducts now. Relief !
    Also, I noticed that left side B( affected ) producing less milk when compared with right B.. My right one is more engorged and looking full and big compared to left one .. Awkward :)

End of day am a happy mom because baby gets more milk on demand basis as milk is coming like cow :) no joke ...

Ordered more storage bags as I don't want to throw away all my precious liquid gold ... I'm making sure I pump and give fresh milk Atleast 3 times per day and also I put him on my affected breast to relieve pressure ..

I really feel myself blessed to have parents with me and swear me I got time to take my elder outside for shopping and other works ..

keep updating your schedules ladies..

Anyone joined back to work?

8. april1981

april1981 Gold IL'ite

Hi divya.....good to hear your birth story. Enjoy your time with your little one. These kids grow up faster than you imagine. Its been already two months for me. Cherish these moments. Breastfeeding will get better with time. As far as possible do not give formula if your breast milk is sufficient.

9. AnithaPartha

Hi ladies,

right now am suffering with hemorrhoids issue.. Dr is saying it's very common post delivery but I never had this issue during my 1 st pregnancy or delivery .. Pain is severe post bowel movements and had to take Motrin to be pain free ...

Taking stool softners, butter milk, fruits, fiber choice and drinking warm water ... Dr prescribed a cream ...

anyone having this issue?

10. Divyavignesh

Divyavignesh Gold IL'ite

Hello all April Moms

How are you and your baby doing?

T2bmom, Your gals would have grown now :) they shd be like 3 months now right? time flies.
    harini , how is your daughter and what have you named her?

Chinnap how is your daughter, have you returned to work already?
    Anitha , How are S brothers doing?

I have joined work day before y day and i keep checking the clock to tick 12 o clock so that i can get back home. Arjun is 6 weeks old already :)

1 person likes this.