April 2013 Moms

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by startswithanem, Jul 30, 2012.

1. megharavi

megharavi New IL'ite

Hi keeraj, thread should disappear in a week.. For the stretch marks, its quite difficult to get it back to normal tone.. Massage with vitamin E oil after scar has healed.. They say u should start from 3 months pregnancy and continue after delivery to reduce the impact of stretch marks.

For wrapping the baby, if its born preterm , doctors ask to wrap as the baby has to feel the same warmth and posture ( hands and legs tucked in ) as in womb till it completes full term.. Once the 40 weeks is completed, u can avoid the wrap and let the baby move its hands and legs freely.. It will be difficult for the baby to adjust first but in a week it will adjust..

For feeding, they take small feeds every 2 hrs.. Even if they are sleeping or not ready, try feeding them.. For first couple of weeks , they wont cry to remind u for feeding.. we need to do it every 2 hrs.. Later after a month or 2, they will bring the whole house down, if they are not fed :).. They start with small feed and later increase it and duration between feeds comes down gradually with passing month.

2. keeraj

keeraj Bronze IL'ite

Megharavi - My lo is jus nt latching wen she is asleep, how much ever v try to wake her up nothing works. So d feed is as per her demand only. I couldnt do anythng abt it.

3. keeraj

keeraj Bronze IL'ite

To all April mommies,
    Which product r u using 4ur LO or which brand hav u pland to use. Nowadays J&J products r not getng good reviews, so i m thinkng abt Himalayas. Any opinion on that?

4. megharavi

megharavi New IL'ite

Got Himalaya products as of now.. but might change after the baby's skin reponse.. for my daughter , powder created rashes and we had to use just a cream ( Actaglow ) and tedibar soap.. no other products works for her.

5. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Hi simplegirl,

Yeah two weeks before itself she confirmed as baby head is down.

@panchamiA: i was ready for delivery on 37th week itself.

Thinking to ask the water level in tmrw visit

6. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Hi friends,

Regular checkup was completed... Still cervix is not yet opened.

I informed about chithirai masam. She told if you want to deliver before 14th come and admit on 12th i will induce the pain. 10th come for consultation. Baby is doing good.

What we should do to get pain naturally... I am not interested to induce pain by injection or tablets. Morning and evening i am walking wont sit ideal that much.

Pleaee help me for that.

7. PriKir

PriKir Bronze IL'ite

Buvi - Relax. Dont get panic abt chitirai masam. Our prayers for u to deliver a healthy baby as you wish b4 chitirai. But my request for u, dont get stressed and spoil ur & baby;s health.

SG- I had my internal examination done for 2 times, 1 was a regular on 37thvk the next was 2days b4 dlvy that time doctor told me that i shud dlv in 24hrs :) I agree few doctors in India will not do internal exam untill we get pain or due-date.

PanchimA - Oh yeah, my husband was allowed in the labor. He was little nervous with my screaming s :)
    as u said, for me also this was a short labor. I started having pains from friday afternoon. But was not very intense. In the night, i was sure that am nearing.... around 9clk i started leaking and we went to the hospital. As i was not having heavy contractions i was induced and started getting more pains. Unlike last time, this time i had to push very hard to see my LO. Bad part was sweating. I was sweating like a mad dog ..... and had to have oxygen mask cauz of breathlessness.

Will update more details shortly....

8. vaishnavya

vaishnavya Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends,
    God blessed us with boy baby on apr 5. Both of us are doing good.I was afraid of c section. But it was not like I thought. Pain is very less. I started to walk We named him as "Vaibhav"

9. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Hi vaishav,

Congrats dear.. Enjoy your motherhood

10. keeraj

keeraj Bronze IL'ite

Congrats vaishnavya. Happy motherhood:) Wats up wid othr april mommies. There are no updates except 4m buvivishal.
    @buvi- y dnt u go n induce as per doctor's suggestion.