April 2013 Moms

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by startswithanem, Jul 30, 2012.

1. keeraj

keeraj Bronze IL'ite

I dont know if this is d appropriate time n place to ask this question, but felt like posting.
    Have u thought abt having another kid? If so wats d ideal gap n wat type of contraception hav u decided to follow? To all second time mommies, pls share ur thoughts.

2. SimpleGirl

SimpleGirl Gold IL'ite

Hello Keeraj,
    It took a while for us to conceive this baby, so we have decided not to delay much for the second one... hoping for a 2 year gap.. We are planning to start trying once this baby is 1 year old.. and moreover I am already 30, want to have the second one before I am 35.. thats why no taking chances for the second time..

About contraception, I am really scared to try anything.. dont want to mess with the biological clock,.. even earlier I never used any pills or ring, just avoided the fertile days..planning to the same this time too...

3. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Hi

My dh told 3 years gap atleast but already i reached 30 now. Dont think so whether iys possible after 33.

As of now i am planning to put copper T..

4. megharavi

megharavi New IL'ite

Hi Keeraj

How are u and how is ur LO doing ??

After normal delivery , u can conceive after a year and for Cesarian ,safer side is after 2-3 yrs..
    There is going to be 4.5 yrs of gap between our 2 kids.

For contraception, didnt go for Copper T as i heard from mom & doctor there will be more bleeding during periods and sometimes painfull cramps.. Avoid fertile days or go for C's.

When u want to conceive for second kid, go thru a full checkup before trying as the first pregnancy would have brought lot of changes in our body.. weight gain and loss, hormonal changes have their impact..

5. keeraj

keeraj Bronze IL'ite

Hi megharavi,
    Both of us r doing good. How r u n ur LO doing? Wen's ur due date?
    My DH doesnt want us to use contraceptives. My co-sis had lots of problems wid coper-t n v r nt comfortable wid c's. I m jus wondering if there are any other ways.

6. megharavi

megharavi New IL'ite

Hi Keeraj

My LO is fine.. eagerly waiting to come out :) I have scheduled c-section this saturday around 7 to 8 pm..
    U can check abt male contraceptive options.. Heard they are reversible unlike female ones..

Planning to get sterilization done along with C-section this time...

7. PriKir

PriKir Bronze IL'ite

I feel max 4yrs of gap is ok for 1st and 2nd kid. For me, I was 2months pregnant when we celebrated my 1st DDs 3rd yr BDay. For the second delivery i should say the pain was bearable and recovery time is comparatively less. Also, my DD is enjoying the company of the LO as she has started to understand better. She helps too :) As they grow, i guess they can enjoy their companionship and start sharing everything and will have good bonding too :)

Ideally, u can start planning once ur first one is 1.5 or 2yrs old. Also, there is a high chance of getting pregnant easily for the second time.

Regarding Planning, I didnt do anything except using condemn after my first delivery. Now, doctor is suggesting me for copperT, but little scared about the reviews and results. So may be after an year or so i am planning for tubectomy. Till the time we will use condemns only... Let c...

8. PanchamiA

PanchamiA Senior IL'ite

Congrats prikir and karthiga...
    As priya said a gap of 3 is ideal.my DD is also enjoying lil ones company,she is also helping me a lot..
    We didn't use pills and copper t,was scared after hearing lot of reviews.we were using condoms,now planning for tubectomy,till then will continue with the same..

Prikir this time pain was unbearable ,was screaming a lot,was episotomy given for you?this time Dr didn't give the cut,so theret was tearing ,i could feel tearing when i was pushing,that was really paining .it was torn from there till down.now everything is fine ,enjoying motherhood .
    Did they allow you dh at the time of delivery .

9. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Hi friends,

Me too heared negative feedback about copper t. my anni is getting more bleeding because of that.

But i have read somewhere condem is also 100% safe to avoid pregnancy.

I am more confused if the exp peoples share your feedback ut will be helpful for us

10. SimpleGirl

SimpleGirl Gold IL'ite

Hi Panchami,
    How big was your tear? I have heard that a tear heals faster then episiotomy, though both sound equally scary...
    They say doing Perineal massage from 34th week onwards, naturally expands the perinium and hence reduce the chances of tear or episiotomy...
    Did any one try perineal massage? I am considering doing it..but a little scared, will ask my doctor before starting..

Sdiva20, no updates from you? Hope you are doing great... Do update, if you have already delivered..