April 2010 Mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Gitunandakumar, Aug 7, 2009.

1. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

oooooops many updates....nice to see

@thommaria and srpoonam
    hearty welcome and congratlations on ur pregnancy.

@immini
    Yes, if you can take 6months break, you will get ample time to recover and also take care of ur LO.

@kutty
    that's soo sad that ur mom will be for very short time with you.Even though see that u take maximum tips for her and be
    prepared what to ask her.
    ohh that's good that blood circulation is good when LO kicks when we sleep on left side.But when sleep on left side inspite of
    kicks..will be it fine.I turn immediately to right, bcos I think LO is not feeling comfortable during his movement.

@hasya
    How r ur yoga classes going on?

@missfolsom
    nice that ur GD test was fine.I think we will have GD test 3times before pregnancy.I am not sure.I had it in my 26 week and will have it again in my 31week(next appointment).
    hmm nice that u r njoying baby kicks.I think u r having pain in ur ribs which may be due to baby movements.Nothing to worry abt it.It may also due to the growth of the baby.

@madhuri
    Oh if u r hungry then we cant avoid it.I did not start listng for baby shopping.I will just shop only after the birth.I decided to just go for window shopping and select the things.

@eliz
    how was ur appointment?Nice to hear that u r bit relieved from the pain.Our pains will differ from month to month and may be
    week to week also.
    I think from now we will have bit discomfort as LO will be growing and we will undergo many body changes.

@geeta
    hmm u r back to US.do update us ur status dear.

hope all other mommies are doing good.

2. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

Myupdates

I had my regular checkup on last friday.Evrything was normal.
    I had test regarding contractions of uterus, baby movemets, which was absolutely fine.
    I reduced my weight to 1kg, which doc told was normal.
    One thing which is more bothering me and making me worry is abt the cervix length.
    She said my cervix length is 3cm and it was normal and should not be reduced.She adviced me to take more rest.
    Is that ok, any precautions do i need to take.Did anyone of you had cervix length measured by ur doc.
    I will have appointment for every 2 weeks from now.I had my glucose test again on my next appointment(9th feb).

I am only worried abt my cervixlength.

3. eliz

eliz New IL'ite

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CLGEORG%7E1.EMC%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="City" downloadurl="http://www.5iamas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="place" downloadurl="http://www.5iantlavalamp.com/"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> @srpoonam..
    Welcome to the club and congrats on <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">ur</st1:place></st1:city> pregnancy.. enjoy.. for the protein substitute for eggs, u can try peanuts, almonds, cashews, tofu beans, soy beans and dairy products. I don’t know if u a vegetarian.. :hiyaif not u can try meat products also. It will all be better than taking the protein shake and all. Hope u got a diet plan from <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">ur</st1:place></st1:city> nutritionist.. take care

@kutty…
    Its very good that u manage to walk 1.5 to 2 hrs a day/.. I hardly get 25 min in my luch break and before going to bed at nite also 25 min.. but still it is good enough to keep my weight on track I think.. so it’s a long wait for u till 36 weeks..huh..:bowdown

@Missfalsom

Same pinch with u.. my LO is so active at night.. that the kicks are endless. And sometimes I even get uptime at midnite coz of the kicks… but its so nice feeling.,..enjoy it… :rotfl

@confused..

Cheers to you.. am also a natural food supporter.. hate to take supplements…:thumbsup

@amul

The pain problem has been solved somehow.. but now the biggest problem is sleeplessness at night. As I am working I cannot have a compensatory sleep at day time.. and once u are sleep deprived, u feel like hell in office… uff.. I have to get a solution for this. Yeah am facing problem in turning my sides at nite, becoz of the tummy…:)
    Glad to hear that all <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">ur</st1:place></st1:city> tests went fine.. and regarding the cervical length, I had it checked last time ( through the radiologist scan) wen I was 22 weeks and full bladder length was 5.6 cm.. so my doc said everything fine.. but now as I am 30 weeks, don’t know whats the length,.. anyway 3 cm I have heard, is not that bad. But anything below 3cm can put u in complete bed rest.. so take lots of rest dear. Don’t worry, everything will be alrite.. lets pray..:cheers

@immini..
    Where are u?? no more updates? Whats keeping u so busy?? Wen is <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on">ur</st1:city></st1:place> next appointment with dr. pramila.? Here I had a problem with my insurance company, they have currently removed zulekha hospital from the service provider network.. so we have to pay from our pockets now.. :idea

@myupdates

I had my check up last Thursday.. doctor just checked the heartbeat with the Doppler and feel the baby’s head with her hand. I wonder whether for you all its like this? She will be directing me to the radiologist scan in my next appointments she said.. I have increased only 400 gms of weight in 2 weeks.. doc said its alrite,.. everything else normal…:hiya

regards,
    eliz:coffee

4. srpoonam

srpoonam Junior IL'ite

Hi,

Confused 211 and eliz,

I totally agree with you on the protein shake. I always prefer natural way then use those. I am just worried abt this entire diet thing. May be I will feel better after meeting the nutritionist. I am vegetarian so no meat for me.

Its just that I have never done any diet before and now I find so less option for food. Do anyone have low carb Indian recipe.

Amul,

Nice to know your check up was normal. I have no much idea about crevix length. I have my appointment this week on Friday, I will try to find out from my doc and let u know.

5. thomamaria

thomamaria New IL'ite

Re: Due dates

You're doing a great job listing our due dates , Kutty . Actually I forgot to mention my due date in my first post, it is 24th April, not 25th. Anyway one day won't make a difference , hah haa - judging by the size of my tummy , looks like I won't have to wait till my due date !

Good to be part of a club like this. I feel reassured hearing about all your experiences . Even though it's my 2nd baby, the first is now 10 yrs old, so it feels almost like a first pregnancy ! So far no major problems, thank God . Only some gastritis ( Digene gel) , constipation ( drink lots of water and eat lots of fruit) and feeling of fatigue ( catch small naps whenever I can ). Had a small scare with one abnormal GTT value but further blood sugars were fine.

Wishing all of you a happy pregnancy !

What are you all packing in your bags for the hospital trip ( the big one, I mean) ? Let's have a discussion about that .

6. kutty0216

kutty0216 Senior IL'ite

Hi Everyone

How are you all doing?

Hi Amul

Good to know that your checkup was normal. Regarding cervical length, I had it in my 17th week. At that time it was 3.25cm and doctor said everything is fine. But follow your doctor's advice and take rest. BTW, do we need to again give GD test? I didn't know this. I am eating lot of sweets now. Should check for it. I think that there is no problem in sleeping left side even if the LO kicks. I am not sure of it though. Take care.

Hi Poonam

Check these for low carb diet food. Take care.

Low Carb Recipes, Low Carb Diet, Low Fat Recipes, Low Calorie Recipes : Indian Food Recipes
    Low Carb Indian Vegetarian Recipes | ifood.tv

Hi Thomamaria

Due dates are posted by Hasya, not myself. We should thank Hasya and Amul for updating them. Not yet planned for hospital bag. Should start thinking about it. Take care.

Hi Gita

So back to US. How was your journey? How are you feeling now? Take care.

Hi Eliz

Good to know that you have increased just 400gms. Even though I walk, my weight is not at all reducing :-(. Don't know what to do :bonk. Take care.

myupdates

My LO is very active one day and very dull on other day :-(. Don't feel any movements sometimes. A bit worried about that. Have my doctor appointment tomorrow. Should ask her about this. Rest everything is fine. Will update once my checkup is over.

Take care all.

7. sandiya

sandiya Senior IL'ite

Hi Amul,

As said by others If the cervix length is less than 3cms then you need to take complete bed rest, otherwise dont strain yourself much dear, do not go for walking or practice yoga etc..., do you have to go for long walks while you travel to office? in that case reduce that also... And when your doing your household work be careful on bending down and sit up positions, these positions might pose little risk...
    I guess you can do simple standing household chores but not too much....

Take care nothing to worry, everything will be fine

8. sandiya

sandiya Senior IL'ite

Hi Poonam,

Include all types of dhal, like take toor dhal daily and also include all type grams.. like green grams, the brown beans etc... these has good protein content. If your non-vegetarian as Eliz said then meat is also good.

Hi Thomamaria,

If you have an idea about the list of items to pack on... start it off... :)

Hi Kutty,

Do not worry about the movements dear... even i had the same fear.. i guess you will get it cleared in your next doc visit... from 29 weeks we have to feel around 10 movements (be it even little one ) around 10-13 hours... that will do... and from 30 weeks we can pattern the movements by concentrating on it if required...

Hi Eliz,
    ya even my checkups are with doppler.. and then she measures the growth with a tape and that's it... And even i am sleep deprived in the night, but i manage it on day as i am in leave...

Hope all the other mommies are doing good as well...

Take Care

My updates:
    Joined for yoga class for every saturday on a week and it starts next saturday, still waiting for NST test on my next appointment, trying to concetrate and feel even the slightest movement of my LO so that i can patternize it....

9. srpoonam

srpoonam Junior IL'ite

Hi,

Kutty and Sandya,

Thanks for the suggestions. I will follow that.

My problem is that I really like to oil fried Indian snacks and my mother sent some sweets and oily snacks from India with my cousin. I really want to eat mysore pak and other food but not sure if I can have them. Can I have some of those snacks with GD.

10. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

@eliz
    thank you for the support.
    regarding the sleep, i have faced the same problem in the initial stages of preg.
    I just go get water etc..I used sleep very early and see that I have sleep for atleast 10hrs.
    It may be crazy..but believe me, it helped me alot.As we also will have the discomfort in turning as weeks go by
    we need to drive ourselevs to spend more for sleeping time.
    If possible why dont you rest in ur office, if you have some spl room with bed for preggies.
    take ur time to sleep and rest urself.
    nice to hear that ur check up also went on well and evrything is normal.
    ususally i will ultrasound on my evry checkup(when it was once in 4weeks)your weight increase is quite fine dear.

@srpoornam
    dont worry abt ur diet as u r veggie.
    My sis is also a pure veggie and she balanced her diet with most of the leafy vegetables.
    use more green leafy vegetables, take rice or what ever it may be with more curry.eat only curry if possible, it will help u alot dear.

@thomaria
    not yet planned for the hospital bag yet.uhhh u r second time mommie..that's nice.

@kutty
    yes, I am taking rest and stopped going to office for this week.
    As per my perception, we will have another glucose test.even i was not aware of that and started eating cakes and sweets.
    Once doc told I just stopped again and was back to normal diet.preparing for next week test.
    all the best for ur appointment and do update us dear.

@sandiya
    thank u for the suggestion.I took home office for this week.As u said I am not bending for nything.stopped walking.
    doctor told me not to lift heavy things which I stopped from initial stages of pregnancy.
    but nyway..i am not able to come out of feeling regarding the cervical length.
    how abt u dear?wen is ur next appt.how is ur wrk going on?r u able to wrk?