April 2009 mommies - Welcome!

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by AnithaA, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Nakshatraa

Nakshatraa Silver IL'ite

Hi anitha,
    Thanks a ton for the list of baby names dear....:)
    A very huge database indeed....:cheers
    Take care

2. KrutikaRao

KrutikaRao Senior IL'ite

Hi April-Moms,

Here's my list of favorites for baby names with meanings for most of them.

I have two questions for all you soon-to-be-mommies:

1) Are you taking maternity pictures? Anyone doing professionally?

2) Is anyone going for pre-natal massages? I love those.

Enjoy the countdown!

Attached Files:

3. KrutikaRao

KrutikaRao Senior IL'ite

Anita,

I hope you dont mind me asking this. The raasi and start letter for names you have in the babyname list, is that based on tamil calendar or normal hindu calendar?

4. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

All mommies are most welcome about the list of names. Once again, this list has not been prepared by me. Another ILite had posted this fine in the baby names forum and I had downloaded it from there. So all thanks to her! :)

Krutika, the rasis and start letter names are from the net. I guess I have stored the tamil equivalents of the rasis and stars. Anyway, I have no idea if these are specific to the tamil tradition or for the general Hindu customs. And no, no maternity pictures or prenatal massages! These things never struck me till you popped the question! Guess you have almost made up your names list...great going! I should do it too!

By the way, I do not think the size of our tummies matters much as long as the baby is growing well. The size depends on so many factors such as the tone of our abdominal muscles, our body structure, etc. So I guess we can all relax as long as the doc says everything is fine. :)

Suba, I do not think there is any problem about the tetanus. My co-sister had them after she came back here - she was around 7 months pregnant at the time. So don't worry about it. :)

Regards,
    Anitha

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  5. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Krutika -

1) Maternity pictures..We didn't have ny plans so far..I would suggest Olan Mills if you intend to take them..We took couple pictures and I am sure they do Maternity too. I simply loved them. You will find many of their studios close to your area.

2) Pre-Natal massages are relieving, but not for too long. For persistent pain docs suggest physical therapy which may be covered by your insurance. They have multiple sessions.

6. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,
    So how is everybody doing? I guess we're all past 2/3rds the journey. So how has it been for you all? I have been doing well. Inspired by Krutika, I have finally started shortlisting the names for the baby. And I do not know if it happens with everybody but I can sometimes see the baby move inside my tummy. I was a bit shocked at first but now have got used to seeing them. By the way how many of you are going for antenatal classes? I've not been suggested any by my doc till now - I don't think it is very prevalent here. Instead I've started reading up on labour, normal delivery and cesearian. If anybody can shed light on these or maybe if we discuss these we'll be better equipped to deal with it? Also has anyone started experiencing braxton hicks? I haven't yet so am just curious. Lets keep in touch. Take care all of you.

By the way, here is the list of mommies and their EDDs. Sorry for the delay and please do let me know if I have missed anybody's name. Am sorry if I have.

<table><tbody><tr> <td> Mommy </td> <td> Baby's EDD </td> </tr><tr> <td> Anitha </td> <td> 4th April </td> </tr><tr> <td> Simibiju </td> <td> 5th April </td> </tr><tr> <td> Marikeerthi </td> <td> 5th April </td> </tr><tr> <td> Mitra </td> <td> 6th April </td> </tr><tr> <td> Meenloch </td> <td> 7th April </td> </tr><tr> <td> Priya </td> <td> 7th April </td> </tr><tr> <td> Suba </td> <td> 10th April </td> </tr><tr> <td> Vidhya </td> <td> 13th April </td> </tr><tr> <td> Bhuvana </td> <td> 13th April </td> </tr><tr> <td> Rekha </td> <td> 15th April </td> </tr><tr> <td> Drli </td> <td> 15th April </td> </tr><tr> <td> Krutika </td> <td> 16th April </td> </tr><tr> <td> Shilpa </td> <td> 17th April </td> </tr><tr> <td> Viji </td> <td> 18th April </td> </tr><tr> <td> Anubal </td> <td> 22nd April </td> </tr><tr> <td> Shinee </td> <td> 22nd April </td> </tr><tr> <td> Manshreya </td> <td> 22nd April </td> </tr><tr> <td> Diyaa </td> <td> 24th April </td> </tr></tbody></table>
    Regards,
    Anitha

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  7. KrutikaRao

KrutikaRao Senior IL'ite

Hi April mommies,
    How are you all? I had my glucose test, waiting for the results. I just wanted to puke after all the sugar overdose. yak...
    I had pinched nerve for two weeks, now I'm fine. My doc taught me to apply counter pressure and do knee bending exercise while lying on the side. Both helped a lot. Early mornings I have slight pain in my lower back and I do yoga cat pose for relief.
    I would really suggest pre-natal massages from authorized masseuse for this. They dont just rub oil and rub your skin, they will know the pressure points and what points to avoid on a pregnant woman. I feel good after the massage.
    Anita, its great that you are able to 'see' the baby move. I have not been able to 'see' the movement yet, but the movement is more obvious these days. My friend actually suggested me to take videos of the baby movement. They will be amazing to look back later on. I had seen one such video on YouTube. Its amazing!
    I'm taking snaps of myself as I have entered my third trimester. These will be very personal pics, only for myself, my mom and my baby to look at after he/she grows up. I also plan to take professional portraits in the studio. In US its common and many do it in many ways.
    I'm going thru childbirth classes, mainly for my hubby's sake. I take time and interest in reading the baby development, childbirth and newborn info, but he is not into it so much. As in US most husbands are with their wife during delivery, I dont want to go in shock :)
    I found a very good dvd in local library 'Understanding birth' it covers all stages and phases of childbirth and how a support person can help. The part of the video I liked the most was the animated visual of childbirth and c-section. If you want to avoid graphic video, you will be fine watching the animation and still get the info. I didnt want my hubby to watch graphics and gross out. I got him to watch the graphics. It also had relaxation methods. If I find this on internet I'll definitely post the link.
    One more thing before I forget. If any of you are using any methods to avoid pregnancy marks, remember to continue the same at least 6 weeks after delivery as thats the time when the skin will be coming back to its previous state.
    Also continue prenatals or any other multi-vits after delivery and continue as long as you are feeding your baby. Remember your reservior of all these would have depleted after pregnancy. Remember to get a blood work done aftter delivery to ensure you are healthy too.
    Until recently my pregnancy ticker had 3 digit days on count-down and I didnt pay much attention to it. Now thats its 2 digit, I have started packing my hospital bags :), so in March I'll have only baby shopping to do.
    Has any of you planned any baby showers?

8. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Wow what an elaborate reply Kruthika..
    Thanks for so much advise. Prenatal massage - Doesnt the pain come back after sometime ? It definitely feels good when you get it done.

Can someone post a checklist for hospital bag ? I shall get something ready too. It feels so good to have a group and to be able to go through all of this together.

I have to start working out to relieve pain. My back pain and sciatic nerve tension causes me lot of trouble.

Pregnancy for dummies is a good DVD to watch too.

To be able to breastfeed well, it's good to have the following items in your daily diet starting now.

Garlic, Pears, Barley water(after childbirth)..
    Add your items to the list. I ll post further info as I get.

I am making a prenatal visit to paediatrcian, coz we are planning a trip to India within 2 months after the baby is born.

prenats classes are very good, but not in all places. So do the research b4 you go for one. I am taking "Infant care ' classes which I heard is very good in my area.

9. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Krutika, thank you for such a detailed post. :) It is nice that you are taking pictures to share with your baby later. I will certainly take note of the info on continuing the anti-stretchmark treatment and continuing the prenatals. You really have started packing the bags early. I am putting it off till March - thats when I'll have a baby shower (traditional stuff, called seemantham in Tamil). And yes it is very exciting to see the ticker show only 2 digits in the number of days to go. Sometimes it makes me apprehensive too!! :hide:

MeenLoch, I have the Pergnancy for Dummies series. It sure gives a lot of information. Must get the dad-to-be to watch it too. :) And adding to your list of items that help breastfeeding, one can take Fenugreek - as it is, in powder form or as capsules(available in drug stores). Again, fenugreek should be taken only after delivery as it also helps the uterus contract. Regarding the checklist of things to pack for the hospital bag, I found this from babycenter - What to pack in your hospital bag Seems to cover everything - my mom told me more or less the same stuff. If anybody has anything to add, please do so.

Will post later. Have to catch up on my pending work for now. By the way a lot of April mommies seem to be missing. Do drop in at times, ladies. Take care.

Regards,
    Anitha

10. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009