Appraisal Vent

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by blackbeauty84, Mar 5, 2015.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Just got over. It was a two minutes discussion. She has given average hike but yearly bonus is good. At least it's over and I can relax.

2 people like this.
  2. bappanaduSose

bappanaduSose Bronze IL'ite

congrats..
    that is the initial feeling soon after review.In another few days..when gossips move around abt bonus and hike,that is when the real fun begins in our heads!!!
    Enjoy ur day today...Better party tonite...u might not feel so after a week.

1 person likes this.
  3. blackbeauty84

You are right just realised my tax slab will increase with new salary. So not much savings... Anyways going out for dinner today.

4. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

@blackbeauty84: I somehow never cared for appraisal. Or how much will my salary hike. This attitude of mine has created quite a spur with many of the managers I worked with :) I think managers feel a little powerful in making a big deal out of appraisals. May be they also enjoy judging someone's work but twisting words in a way that gives an impression that the person as such is judged. I give importance to the priorities in my personal life to avoid stress from appraisals, if it helps you.

2 people like this.
  5. blackbeauty84

@sparkle
    That's a great attitude. Wish I can develop such.

1 person likes this.
  6. Sumani

Sumani Senior IL'ite

Dears, I am similar to @Sparkle.. after getting married i revised my priorities..family comes first.. i want to spend quality time with my kids and husband and be around when they need me. this is possible only if i am not worried about appraisals and promotions.. I just do justice to the salary i receive, i dont ask for more work or take initiatives just to prove for that 2% extra..not worth it in front of my kids. so i am totally stress-free at work :cool2:

2 people like this.
  7. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

blackbeauty, mostly the appraisals that happen make hardly any difference when we take the income tax into account. I, however notice that bonus makes a huge difference. More often than not, its a BIG chunk that can be used to contribute towards something expensive, like a car repayment or buying shares etc.

8. blackbeauty84

@sumani I should learn from you guys.
    @rakhii exactly. As I'm saving for loan pre payment bonus will come handy :)

9. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

They were. That is what is practiced on you when you were kept waiting & wondering at the edge of your seat.

1 person likes this.
  10. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

@blackbeauty84: In case of loan pre payment, you can look out for a second income online or you can start something from home. (Well of course, depends on your time and interests). You can pick out one of your hobbies and turn it into a job. Or look for jobs online. You can do multiple jobs simultaneously and save money.

My 2 cents: Appraisal is just a peace of paper that does not do justice to what we really are and what we really do. It is trivial and life is much much more happier and beautiful if we look out for it. Wishing you a stress-free evening!!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    1 person likes this.