1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Apartements in princeton

Discussion in 'Indians in Edison' started by saraswatibhat, Aug 20, 2007.

1. vaish78

vaish78 Gold IL'ite

hi aditi,
    Welcome to ravens Crest !! What type is it ??
    when are you moving.?

lets meet once you move in and settle.

2. aditim

aditim Senior IL'ite

Hi Vaishnavi

Yeah once I move in and settle we can surely meet... Nice to have an Ilite friend close by. :thumbsup

We chose Plan C. Plan E2 and F are good but not in our budget and we dint want any 2nd bathroom. It's just the two of us at the moment. :)

We will be getting the apt by July 11th so I will stay there temporarily as it is closer to my office but complete the entire shifting somewhere around July end. We are planning to keep this house till July end.

3. gvart

gvart Silver IL'ite

Hi all,
    Need some info please......cudnt think of better friends than my ILites. I am shifting to the US around July 12th.....my hubby is going to be there early next week to settle the apts....school...etc.,.
    can u ppl help me out with little details that i require.....we are thinking of settling down in an near princeton since my DH office is in princeton....

1) im looking for a 3BR/2.5Bath apt.....r 3BR/3bath....can anyone tell me wat wud be the rent (tentative figures) and good apts that have indians in it....
    2) i have two cute devils at home one 6yrs and other 3yrs..........can u help me with some indian school names r any of those best schools available.....
    3) also wat materials do u need the most to bring from india.....

sorry for a long list.......hoping for a quick response.......

4. aditim

aditim Senior IL'ite

Hi,

We are also shifting to Princeton next month. Actually the place we have looked at is Plainsboro,NJ which is quite close to Princeton,NJ. They have a few apts like

1. Fox Run
    2. Ravens Crest
    3. Quail Ridge
    4. Deer Creek

We settled to get an apt in Ravens Crest.

If you are looking for 3BR/2.5Bath apt.....r 3BR/3bath.... the rent I guess would be close to 1300-1500 per month.

I am not aware of schools in this area but I do know there are plenty of Indians living in Plainsboro.

Regarding things to get from India, you could get a good mixie which would helpful for you(ie if you do grinding a lot!), some utensils like a pressure cooker and some non stick pots and pans.. Basically whatever you feel is important.

You get all the groceries here. So that should not be a problem.

Maybe other Ilites can help you out with schools for your children!

All the best for your search and travel! :thumbsup

5. gvart

gvart Silver IL'ite

Hi aditi thanks a lot for your reply.....we are actually searching for apartments in plainsboro also.....thanks a lot for the reply....

6. gvart

gvart Silver IL'ite

Hi all
    Can u ppl help me out with availability of townhouses / apartments 3br/2.5bath 0r 2br/2.5bath in princeton, north/south brunswick, plainsboro, west windsor and lawrenceville.....

i wud like one that has a gud school n indian population......please help me out if u have any vacant houses available.....my DH is there in princeton hunting for houses.....so plz share details if u have any...

i am looking at options in these apts mainly

princeton court

barclays square
    ravens crest
    avalon run
    avalon at princeton jn
    the mews
    quail ridge

if any of u happen to know if the availability plz let me know....

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  7. radiance

radiance New IL'ite

did you find anything??

8. rajibv

rajibv New IL'ite

Hi ladies,

We are thinking of moving to princeton area as my husband works there. Most of the reviews for the apts around that area are very bad especially with the management. Can someone please share your experience if you are living in the apts: foxrun, quailridge, ravenscrest, any nearby. We are looking for an apt which has a close (around 5 min drive) daycare/preschool preferrably with gas burners. If you guys have any apts in mind please let me know. Thanks.

Raji

9. ramyaram007

ramyaram007 New IL'ite

hi,
    we are searching for an good apartment in NJ near to school (walkable). You mentioned about the school bus, somebody told me the cost of school bus fee is too high. We lived in Houston,there the fee was about $60. But, we don't prefer school bus. Please reply me as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.

Ramya