anything with vanilla ice cream??

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by dipa123, Sep 16, 2009.

1. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

We have many sauces here in USA for ice cream: peanut butter, caramel, butterscotch, strawberry, raspberry, hot fudge. The classic banana split will have banana halved lengthwise on teh bottom, ice cream balls on top, one of more toppings one on each ball, chopped peanuts and or candy sprinkles over that, then topped with whipped cream and maraschino cherry.

Here is my mom's easy recipe for hot fudge:

1-2 Tbsp of butter melted over low heat
    2 oz (about 50 g) bitter chocolate (in USA two squares of baking chocolate---it is the unsweetened dark chocolate) melted careful over low heat in the butter. Stir in 1 can sweetened condensed milk (MilkMaid) and then stir into that 1 can of milk (measure the milk into the can and wash out the remaining bits with the milk). Heat that to thickened and use soon on the ice cream.

Note: If you use 1/2 can of milk you can use it as frosting for cake when it cools. Doubly duty easy recipe. Just be sure you are attentive 100% as this can burn so keep stirring and keep heat low or use a double boiler.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  2. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi lalitha,

Cut banans into bite-size pieces, dip into batter and fry..similar to pazham pori but the batter will not be that thick as bajji

I tasted this in a thai restaurant - SFO

3. lvarada

lvarada Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for the tip tashidelek2002 and Cindhuja...Will definitely try out some time :)

4. sumimusik

sumimusik Senior IL'ite

SUPER IDEA,YAMUNA...Will definitely try it...
    sumi

5. olivia751

olivia751 New IL'ite

Hi,

I think we can make many things with Vanilla Ice Cream like we can use it in milk shake, cold coffee. I love ice cream with any type of shake.

Regards,
    Olivia

6. Raechel

Raechel Senior IL'ite

Hi,

You can make pan cakes filled with caremelised bananas and serve it alongwith a scoop of vanilla ice cream...........My daughter loves it.

7. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

The mango pulp idea and fried bananas really sounds so good!!
    I like the Panchamritham too..only I have vanilla with a vanilla or chocolate flavored custard with loads of fruits and yummy chocos or oat bites or even corn flakes from Kellogs. They go real good together.

Also Vanilla goes gr8 with soda as a float :) .. like mountain dew or melon soda..dip in a chocolate wafer or a perk/munch and its a real stunner!!:cheers