Anyone With Vitamin D Deficiency?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ennaye, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Rosyeyes

Rosyeyes New IL'ite

Yes, I am. I am prescribed vitamin d3 60,000Iu capsules once a weeK for a month and monthly one tablet after that. What I am also asked is to stay in the sun for 30 mins everyday. I will make sure I have buttermilk everyday once I return back home as currently I am travelling. Fix your problem before it gets very late.

Hope it helps. All the best

2. ennaye

ennaye Silver IL'ite

Rosyeyes,
    Thanks for the input. I have taken Vit D3 60K capsules once a week for 12 weeks. The readings are normal now but the doc has not asked me to take once a month now. He just asked me to stop taking them. Was wondering if this was the right thing to do.

3. GeethaMR

GeethaMR Silver IL'ite

Dear Ennaye,

Glad to know that your vitamin D level is normal. What did the reading come?

Rather than stopping it, once a month could be appropriate. Else 1000 iu per day dose is said to be fine.

The only people who are not recommended Vitamin D are those who have lowered kidney function. That is if the creatinine, Blood urea nitrogen etc are high, then it is not recommended. For others, it is a good supplement.

Check this link for nice info :

naturalnews.com/Vitamin_D.html

4. ennaye

ennaye Silver IL'ite

GeethaMR,
    Thnx for all the info.
    My reading came to 51.2.
    I think I will take 1000 IU level of capsule so that the levels don't slip.

5. ramyapradeep

ramyapradeep Silver IL'ite

Hello Ennaye,

Have you checked you magnesium Levels?
    I can suggest you Nutrilite supplements since I am aware of only those products for any health issues.
    I can suggest CalMag D. This has calcium,magnesium and Vit D in equal amounts.

* Nutrilite Cal mag D is the perfect combination of Calcium, Magnesium & Vitamin D that you need for strong bones, strong muscles and nerve activity.
    * Together they not only enhance each others absorption and utilization in the body but also work in energy to maintain good health, especially for the bones and teeth.
    * Nutrilite cal mag D foundation for strong, healthy bones.
    * Calcium is an essential mineral for body functions because it
    * Builds and maintains healthy bones and teeth.
    * Regulates heartbeat.
    * Conducts nerve impulses.
    * Stimulates hormone secretion.
    * Helps in clotting of blood.
    * Achieving recommended Calcium intake is very difficult for those consuming a vegan diet.
    * Magnesium plays an important role in regulating calcium levels in bones.
    * Vitamin D is an essential component in bone health. It helps ensure that the body absorbs and retains calcium, which is critical for building strong, healthy bones.
    * Plus, with Nutrilite Cal Mag-D, you get the added benefits of natural Phytonutrients from the exclusive, organically grown Nutrilite Alfalfa Concentrate.

2 people like this.
  6. mathangikkumar

mathangikkumar Platinum IL'ite

all ILites, I had earlier posted on Vitamin D deficiency some inputs, you can go thro the same in http://www.indusladies.com/forums/health-issues/124718-vitamin-d.html#post2308912 23rd June 2012 04:09 PM . The main reasons quoted by the physicians are lack of exposure to sunlight, and it was not a major problem for those who are in their 50 s and 70 s when compared to the number of cases of people falling to this in their 30 s and late 20s.

7. ennaye

ennaye Silver IL'ite

Thnx Ramya, for this suggestion.
    I will call my pharmacy and ask for this supplement.
    I have not checked mag levels but serum calcium was fine.

8. vidhya2810

vidhya2810 Silver IL'ite

As I'm pregnant my calcium count is also just 6.3 and doc advised me to take Vit D3 60K capsules once a week till delivery and after delivery once in a month also I'm in bedrest I'm not supposed to do walking

9. ramyapradeep

ramyapradeep Silver IL'ite

Most Welcome Ennaye,
    Not sure if pharmacy could have them since they are all Amway Products.You can get it form any distributor or directly get from Amway office in discount price at B'lore using an ABO number.If your pharmacy does not have these supplements you can very well contact me.Sent you my contact details as PM to you.
    I have a friend who is also a distributor in Bangalore.Would help through her.

10. ennaye

ennaye Silver IL'ite

Vidhya2810,
    Please follow your docs advice. It will be good for You and your baby.
    Wish you all the best for your baby. Have a safe delivery.