Anyone who did Post natal Ayurvedic treatment in Kerala?

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by Rashmiii, Mar 5, 2013.

1. DrVandhana

DrVandhana Bronze IL'ite

I, myself being a mother and moreover a doctor, has taken Post natal Ayurvedic care and has advised many mothers to follow the same. I myself has got benefits of doing it and has got good feedback from those who have gone through the post natal care. Those mothers who have had a normal delivery can start with ayurvedic post natal care, 7 days after delivery. Those who had a c-section can undergo through it 2 weeks post delivery, only if your stitches have been healed, after getting it checked from your gynecologist. Some of the internal medicines that has to be taken are: Dhanwantharam kashayam, dhanwantharam gulika, Dasamoolarishtam with Jeerakarishtam, Kurinji kuzhambu lehyam, Vidaryadi lehyam, Chyavanaprash etc. The external therapies that has to be done with the help of someone at home who knows how to perform it by taking care of the mother are: Massage with Dhanwantharm kuzhambu after slighty warming it . U can either use cherupayar podi with pachamanjal to use as a body scrub or even some herbal soaps to take off excess oil. U can use incha for rubbing out the powder and oil and at last bath with herbal water boiled with nalpamara pattu alone or along with herbal leaves like puliyila, aavanakkila, muringayila etc whatever is available around one's home. This water should be boiled the previous day and fermented overnight and used for the next day. For head use plain coconut oil and wash off with plain water. After bath one should do abdominal binding with a cotton cloth or abdominal belt. Use it for 6 hours at least. Remove if you have discomfort. Avoid massaging and use of oil if you have fever.

grskkrish likes this.
  2. divyarnair

divyarnair Silver IL'ite

I recently delivered .Mine was c section so bath started at 3 weeks .I hired a lady for postnatal massage. Dhanwantharam kuzhamb for massage before bath 45 minutes.Boil water with nalpamara powder and air cool for sometime . Apply kasthuri manjal paste on face and warm kuzhamb on body.for hair I used sesame oil.very hot water bath. I used chickpea flour instead of soap and Inja instead of scrubber.dhanwantharam kashayam before food 2 times daily and dasamoolarishtam + jeerakarishtam after food 2 times daily. Aswagandha lehyam 1 spoon after food.Also pathyam no nonveg food.garlic +ghee +shallots + turmeric all this mixed with rice is taken before lunch.